Notices

Did you forget to close your garage door ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 09:23 AM
madsonp
Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Did you forget to close your garage door ?

I came across this, got one, got it installed, and it works great. I had to relocate my wireless router a little closer to it though because it was having difficulty keeping the connection because of the distance from the router. Once I did that everything was fine. What a great idea. Mobile GDO

Old 04-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Aftrmidnite
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I got hit a couple years ago, but I think they reached in with a coat hanger and unhooked the trolley. Police were totally useless, alarm company couldn't get ahold of me so they called police, they only rolled by hours later. When I had them come out, they took no evidence, which was blood on the door window, muddy foot prints on the drive, and tire prints in the mud on both sides of the driveway.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice device but I live pretty far outa town and don't have any internet. Thanks for the info

Old 04-26-2015, 10:04 PM
7DF250
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a liftmaster opener that has the same feature. It is great because I cant tell you how many times I turned around and did a drive by because two blocks away my wife looks at me and asks if I closed the garage. Cool feature also if someone is dropping parts of at my house and I'm not home they just text when they are there, I open the door from my phone and close it when they are done. Kid forgets his key? No problem. Best of all thieves cant steal my opener from my car and come back in the morning and help themselves.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by 7DF250
Best of all thieves cant steal my opener from my car and come back in the morning and help themselves.
This is an area that our company has professional expertise in......

Anything that is internet/wireless based is and should never be considered "secure". There are specific software programs available online, from overseas suppliers that in a matter of minutes can pretty much figure our your particular passwords & online accounts (including e-mail) that once accessed, they now have control...including to your cell phones, etc. With this, they can also track your specific location (cell phone), and if you have internal cameras (including baby/nannie cams), scan your residence for items to retrieve and literal know your schedule.....

It is also a key tool that can be used by people who desire to "Do harm to others"...... I'll just let that speak for itself.

Our company does not sell any products, we conduct vulnerability assessments for human, technical & environmental threat management.........this capability is very well known....most high school age kids who are IT interested, can likely even show you the websites. This same exact technology was used by the drug cartel about 15 years ago to "terminate" two UPI reporters......

Think of it this way, if after 20 years the oem's can't keep people from using over-the-counter wireless devices to unlock and/or drive away our cars using "Wireless Technology", don't think for one second, that any commercial/retail wireless signal cannot easily be accessed.