pic request: stock height, wide wheel stance? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

pic request: stock height, wide wheel stance?

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 04-30-2015, 11:16 PM
ufvj217
Postmaster
ufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to behold

looking for pics of any excursions with a wide wheel stance, but no lift.

wide, like these:

http://cimg.carsforsale.com/294390/2...94DB0694_3.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/5j749bra-qE/maxresdefault.jpg

thanks!!

Old 05-01-2015, 01:12 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
ugly, reminds me of a low rider. Hydros and 13" wire wheels baby!

Old 05-01-2015, 07:42 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Make sure that that type of stance (not my cup of tea) is even legal where you are (you don't have your location filled in....), here in PA having tires extend past the outermost body line is a no-no.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:10 AM
bcrewcaptain
Elder User
bcrewcaptain has a great reputation on FTE.bcrewcaptain has a great reputation on FTE.bcrewcaptain has a great reputation on FTE.bcrewcaptain has a great reputation on FTE.bcrewcaptain has a great reputation on FTE.
west coast people can chime in, big out that way, oh, and any shops that specialize in ball joint work

Old 05-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Krazee Matt
Leadfoot
Krazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputation
I was wondering how long it would take for that ****ing stupid *** 'stanced' look to trickle it's fugly way into here....

Lemme take my rig and throw the most idiotic rims I can on it, but not make the wheels wider just have them offset -9,647,122. Then I'll pull all them b!tches while throwing debris and **** all over the ****ing place behind me and rooster tail so bad in the rain I mine as well be shooting water hoses straight behind me onto people's windshields. I lost the original windshield in the Chevelle when some stanced jackass kicked a construction barrel sideways on the freeway - wheels sticking out farther than a dually and didn't have room to fit past it. Idiot.

But that's just my opinion.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:36 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt View Post
I was wondering how long it would take for that ****ing stupid *** 'stanced' look to trickle it's fugly way into here....

Lemme take my rig and throw the most idiotic rims I can on it, but not make the wheels wider just have them offset -9,647,122. Then I'll pull all them b!tches while throwing debris and **** all over the ****ing place behind me and rooster tail so bad in the rain I mine as well be shooting water hoses straight behind me onto people's windshields. I lost the original windshield in the Chevelle when some stanced jackass kicked a construction barrel sideways on the freeway - wheels sticking out farther than a dually and didn't have room to fit past it. Idiot.

So Matt, I take it that this mod is your next job, or maybe when the new springs go in?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Krazee Matt
Leadfoot
Krazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputationKrazee Matt has a superb reputation
You know it Tom! Going to run those stretched low-profile mud tires too!

Hellaflush JDM stance nation!

I'M GOING SO STANCED IT'LL BE TOUCHING THE LINES OF THE LANE B!TCHES!!!!!!!

gag

To be on subject, I don't think the stance-tastic rims work on a bone stock height Excursion. I don't believe there's room in there for the front wheels to turn...

Old 05-02-2015, 02:46 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bcrewcaptain View Post
west coast people can chime in, big out that way, oh, and any shops that specialize in ball joint work
For the Dodge and Chevy guys, I think it's a prerequisite.

There's a ton of mostly Dodge trucks running around here like the one in the pic below.

Buh-fugly

You know it Tom! Going to run those stretched low-profile mud tires too!
THAT'S what was missing from that fugly *** shipoopie body kit truck!!

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 05-02-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:53 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
^^^^ Reminds me of the icon in my Garmin GPS ^^^^

After 23 seconds off road I wouldn't be able to see out of my side windows.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:05 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
But think of all the time we would save waxing our rigs, with those stanced out tires the paint will get so trashed it wouldn't be worth it to wax it any more! WIN-WIN!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:39 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation

Matt, I look forward to reading your post. You are brutal with your opinions and I absolutly love it!!!!

Old 05-02-2015, 01:40 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
A Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud of
^^^^^No kidding!
On a more important note, is there pics of the new interior?

Old 05-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Krazee Matt
Leadfoot
Originally Posted by LivingLarge View Post
Matt, I look forward to reading your post. You are brutal with your opinions and I absolutly love it!!!!
I'm glad some of y'all get a kick out of it, lol. In all honesty, I think your wheels are as far as I would ever go for offset. Not ridiculous but not riding inside the fenders either. I like a lil tire sticking out, but like Stewart said it's primarily the Cummins guys that roll around 'bro truck' style with 3/4 of their tires hanging out there.

Yet I get a ticket because I don't have mudflaps... bah.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
I like a lil tire sticking out
Me too.

Stewart

Old 05-03-2015, 12:50 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
nmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputation
As was mentioned check your local laws, might be required to run some serious fender flares

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pic request: stock height, wide wheel stance?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.