Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Wanted, 1949 Ford F1 Transmission Cover

Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Vegas123
Senior User
Vegas123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wanted, 1949 Ford F1 Transmission Cover

Hello,

I am in need of a transmission cover for my 1949 Ford.

The shifter is on the floor. The one I currently have looks like termites been eating away on it for sometime.

Thanks

408-857-7737

Old 04-27-2015, 09:51 PM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
These are prone to rust in many parts of the US. Northern Classic Trucks does repop them: Ford Truck Parts and Repair Panels for your classic truck at Northern Classic Trucks

Old 04-28-2015, 01:24 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FortyNiner View Post
These are prone to rust in many parts of the US. Norther Classic Trucks does repop them: Ford Truck Parts and Repair Panels for your classic truck at Northern Classic Trucks
Lots of places sell those repops. But you'll have to cut your own hole for the shifter.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Vegas123
Senior User
Vegas123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the lead!

I would really like to find an original one since I want to avoid cutting the shifter hole.

Hmmmm, may just POR 15 what I have.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Vegas123 View Post
Thanks for the lead!

I would really like to find an original one since I want to avoid cutting the shifter hole.

Hmmmm, may just POR 15 what I have.
Cutting that hole should be easy since you have an original to use as a template.

But I'm not sure if they come with the captured nut for the Wide Open Throttle Stop bolt.

Actually, all the pics I've seen of them look like they don't have any holes at all.

Call Classic Haulers and ask them. 877-252-1948

Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader
harleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to behold
Here it is through Ebay with free shipping
1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 Ford Pickup Truck Trans Shifter Cover | eBay

And through their site , you pay shipping
Ford F1 Transmission Shifter Cover

And another dealer, same cover 1948-52 Ford F1 Transmission Shifter Cover

Old 04-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Originally Posted by harleymsn View Post
Here it is through Ebay with free shipping
1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 Ford Pickup Truck Trans Shifter Cover | eBay

And through their site , you pay shipping
Ford F1 Transmission Shifter Cover

And another dealer, same cover 1948-52 Ford F1 Transmission Shifter Cover
And I don't see the captured nut for the WOT stop bolt or the two holes for the gas pedal mount in any of those.

Was the WOT stop not on all these 48-52 trucks? Do the makers assume you're going with hanging pedals?

Old 04-28-2015, 02:10 PM
SStans
Senior User
SStans is a splendid one to beholdSStans is a splendid one to beholdSStans is a splendid one to beholdSStans is a splendid one to beholdSStans is a splendid one to beholdSStans is a splendid one to beholdSStans is a splendid one to behold
....I got one of those... Original, used, out of a 1950 F-1 I'm parting out.... Quite solid for a floor pan. No rust thru by pedal but could be thin. That's usually the first place they rust. Some rust thru at the bend on passenger side. easy fix. However, a run thru the bead blaster could reveal some unwanted holes... Needs a bit of straightening around the edges. Message me if interested....
Stan. ...........