2 Speed- 12 volt Blower motor - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

2 Speed- 12 volt Blower motor

Old 04-18-2015, 06:21 PM
dadgonebroke
Senior User
dadgonebroke has a good reputation on FTE.dadgonebroke has a good reputation on FTE.dadgonebroke has a good reputation on FTE.
2 Speed- 12 volt Blower motor

I just finished installed a VDO PM351 heater motor in my 56 f100 with recirculating heat. After reading these forums- it appeared to be the recommended motor for me. Bad side is that it appears to be a single speed motor instead of the 2 speed motor that's needed. Can you guys steer me in the right direction for a heater motor (2 speed) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Old 04-18-2015, 06:52 PM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
contact www.apartswarehouse.com ph. 1-800-409-5211 in Lake Orion .Mi. 48359

Old 04-18-2015, 07:03 PM
dadgonebroke
Senior User
dadgonebroke has a good reputation on FTE.dadgonebroke has a good reputation on FTE.dadgonebroke has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by firstrider View Post
contact www.apartswarehouse.com ph. 1-800-409-5211 in Lake Orion .Mi. 48359
Thanks! I used to be your kinda neighbor (Palm City) and my son lives in PSL.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:42 PM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
Lived in PC '86-'92 right behind the Amoco station on the corner of Mapp & MD blvd. Been in PSL since

Old 04-19-2015, 10:32 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Cant you just use a two speed switch?
Or reducer?

Old 04-19-2015, 03:16 PM
dadgonebroke
Senior User
Did a first test drive on the revamped heater and there seems to be minimal air coming out at the floor and almost nothing at the defrost windshield ducts. I'm wondering if this motor is turning reversed. Looks like it's coming back out tomorrow!

Old 04-19-2015, 03:25 PM
ALBUQ F-1
postin' fool
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
LOL, I used the PM354, put it in about 10 years ago. I started noticing my heat wasn't directing anything to the defroster vents. Then I noticed air was coming out the TOP of the heater box! (Supposed to be going in). Sure enough, my fan was spinning backwards... I'd swear it reversed polarity on me, I couldn't be that dumb, could I???

Just reversed the leads and it's working great now. No need to pull it.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:49 PM
dadgonebroke
Senior User
I reversed the leads and did a temporary connection and it works just fine now. Now to put correct wire fittings and it's good to go. After checking on the price of 2 speed motors- I think I'm fine with what I have.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:58 AM
dadgonebroke
Senior User

Finished product- only 1 speed but blows twice as fast as the old motor. Hammered paint came out nice. It was actually a pretty easy job!

Old 04-21-2015, 09:21 AM
ALBUQ F-1
postin' fool
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
That's gorgeous!

Old 04-21-2015, 09:48 AM
firstrider
Postmaster
Fairly easy if you start out w/ some thing in decent shape .

Beautiful result .I am impressed & I usual only do that to myself !

Old 11-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Johnnynobody
Freshman User
Johnnynobody is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, there just has to be a simple way to get an answer... Am I the only person with a 55 ford truck that needs a two speed 12 heater blower motor? and cant find any listing anywhere on these forums?

Old 11-20-2015, 12:44 AM
harleymsn
Postmaster
harleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to beholdharleymsn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Johnnynobody View Post
Wow, there just has to be a simple way to get an answer... Am I the only person with a 55 ford truck that needs a two speed 12 heater blower motor? and cant find any listing anywhere on these forums?
What about this one?

Single Shaft Blower Motor 1/4" Shaft CW 2 Speed, 3 Wire - School Bus Parts - A Parts Warehouse

Or this one http://www.apartswarehouse.com/show-...t-cw-rev-studs

Old 11-18-2017, 06:15 PM
dadgonebroke
Senior User
12 volt heater motor

I heard a comment today that the blower motor for '71-'77 Ford Mavericks also work. Anyone have experience with this?

Old 11-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.
I hooked up the 6 volt positive ground motors I had to a 12 v battery w/ jumper wires, turns real fast as you would expect. Then I got a 12 v motor for a 56 and it turned slower and has 2 speeds. I wonder if you couldn't use the 6 v motor or if it would be too fast to move the air or worse burn out??? I was going to try it until I got the correct one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 Speed- 12 volt Blower motor

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.