1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

A little help...parts list database

Old 04-12-2015, 11:05 PM
tasilium
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little help...parts list database

Hey everyone..

Don't know if you guys experience this or not, but I get tired of trying to find the correct part number or searching for one, then forgetting it. So I am gonna try and make a parts list for our trucks. A simple database to look up the correct part number, I will probably include fields for cost/retailer/OEM/Aftermarket/system/year compatibility/parts description/part number...that sort of thing.

I would appreciate any help from the community to get this done, or if someone else has already done this then I wouldn't mind using theirs. I hate calling the part suppliers and seeing them screw up because they don't have a clue (advance/Oreillys/autozone/napa/etc seem to hire anyone)

Should also make it easier to find parts and order them online, alot quicker and easier.

I don't expect to knock this out really quick (I am working 60+hrs a week at my job, and I do some farming at home to boot/and the father of a toddler..so time is a premimum) but I am hoping to share it with the community here on FTE. Just wanting to do something to help us all out.

So ...now that I have chatted your heads off, if you have a part number and a part description of where it goes..feel free to post it below. I will try and check this thread daily and add them to the database. Next step will be deciding the best way to make the database available to everyone.

Thanks in advance (and if all this is already easily available, PLEASE point me in the correct direction, )

Old 04-12-2015, 11:24 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 04-12-2015, 11:53 PM
tasilium
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fordpride
I simply didn't know of its existence

Pretty much the kind of thing I was looking for, or to create

Thanks..

Who knows I might even go through it and list it in my pretty little database I started

Once again FTE to the rescue. Its an awesome list and I am super glad you shared it.