6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Emissions recall 14E03. Should I?

Old 06-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Tx_Redneck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
That sensor never shut anyone down.
Bank 1 sensor 2 code shut my 2011 off just 4 weeks ago. Then 2 weeks ago I received a letter about a recall on the sensors and an update.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:57 AM
chadjones99
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rick03hd
Had it done. Went into continuous regen. Drove it for 3 weeks like that and finally deleted

what delete kit did you use ? anything about installing it other should know ?
I am on the fence about the delete my truck is stock and I have no known issues and I don't even drive it much, but when I do its across state lines up and down steep mountains form AZ to CO with the family and last thing I need is to be pull my 43ft Rv up a grade and have issues. I did get the recall done ( when it first came out ) the reflash one and did not notice a change in anything but I have not driven it much as I have been out of town working..( driving the car ) I also have only had the truck since Jan and I did drive it across country from WI to Co with no issue( pre flash ) and it hardy touched the DEF. but my avg MPG pulling in the winter was 6.9mpg ( 15k trailer ) and empty I have been lucky to see a avg of 16 ish

Old 06-21-2015, 05:35 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chadjones99
what delete kit did you use ? anything about installing it other should know ?
I am on the fence about the delete my truck is stock and I have no known issues and I don't even drive it much, but when I do its across state lines up and down steep mountains form AZ to CO with the family and last thing I need is to be pull my 43ft Rv up a grade and have issues. I did get the recall done ( when it first came out ) the reflash one and did not notice a change in anything but I have not driven it much as I have been out of town working..( driving the car ) I also have only had the truck since Jan and I did drive it across country from WI to Co with no issue( pre flash ) and it hardy touched the DEF. but my avg MPG pulling in the winter was 6.9mpg ( 15k trailer ) and empty I have been lucky to see a avg of 16 ish
If you have had the dealer reflash performed (and I see that you have), the SCT tuners should be updated now, if you purchase the H&S, just be sure you update the tuner prior to installing it to the truck. I'm running the H&S Mini Maxx, but I had never gotten the reflash done before I deleted the truck.
Good Luck either way.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:03 PM
chadjones99
More Turbo
Yes I had the dealer reflash done, I was thinking about not due to any issues I might have programming during the delete. but I also heard the reflash would keep it from going belly up if a EGT sensor goes out so I did until I can get a delete kit

Old 06-21-2015, 06:09 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by chadjones99
Yes I had the dealer reflash done, I was thinking about not due to any issues I might have programming during the delete. but I also heard the reflash would keep it from going belly up if a EGT sensor goes out so I did until I can get a delete kit
When the reflash first came out, folks were having a helluva time as the tuners hadn't cracked the update, I believe most tuning companies have it under control now. Regardless, make sure you tune the truck prior to removing any hard parts when you do decide to delete, there have been several guys that pulled the parts off the truck and then couldn't tune it for one reason or another...

Old 06-21-2015, 06:11 PM
chadjones99
More Turbo
tune first

good advice I agree

Old 09-03-2015, 08:35 PM
56huck
New User
Originally Posted by senix
That sensor never shut anyone down.
It shut me down. Egt sensor 2 ( I think) came up with the pull over safely message, then shut off the engine. It would not start. I waited a couple hours beside the hwy and it finally started. Last week egt sensor 3 failed It did not shut down but gave me the check engine light. I had the reprogram recal done when the first egt failed

Old 09-03-2015, 09:51 PM
wingedone
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still haven't had it done. So many opinions one way or the other. Hard to want to change things when it has run so well (knock on wood).

Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
If it ain't broke.......
I truly enjoy my truck a whole lot better deleted though.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:26 PM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did mine back in may.Totally seamless.Havent noticed a thing from the min I got back in it.I havent had a problem with my truck in the over 3 yrs Ive owned it and havent had a problem since the recall fix either.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:27 PM
badgeking
New User
first time ever posting to one of these forums. but after reading all the info about peoples problems with there 2015 I need to find some help. bought a new 2015 f350 platinum back in September 0f 14 took the truck in around 9000 miles told dealer the check engine light came on and went into limp mode code was p207f had to borrow code reader at auto zone 250 miles from home to read and clear code. dealer called said they could not find any codes (ya I had to clear them to get home)
then around 15000 miles truck started running really bad went into limp mode only 5 miles from dealer took it in. they did a reflash on the pcm. picked up the truck then had to do long run to salt lake city and back 4000 miles round trip. fuel mileage was only 11.3 and went trough 4 2.5 gallon cans of DEF. got home driving around town for a week fuel mileage down to 10.3 and Monday dam CEL again took it to dealer they had to replace NOX sensor. I have less than 25000 miles on truck and its been in the shop 3 times already I see all these TSB that ford now has out along with all these stories out on the WWW about these 2015 and regen issues. is this truck realy this bad? I travel coast to coast and need to have reliable transportation can't afford to be stuck on the road some were. and with less than 12k left on warranty what happens after that? any info anyone can chime in with would be great.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:49 PM
MalibuSki
New User
Help, I had this recall completed, after I left the Stealership , engine light comes on and goes into engine idle mode. Towed back to the dealer and they say its the Knock Sensor and it will be 600 to fix. I am sure this had to do with something they did. Never had a problem with this truck before. Anyway the recall work could have done this?

Old 02-10-2016, 06:37 PM
miner999r
Tuned
No issues after getting mine done. I get surprisingly good fuel economy considering it is an 8,500 Lb brick and def consumption is very low.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Literally everything is through the on board computer. Could they have 'killed' the sensor while doing the reprogramming - maybe but unfortunately it may have been a coincidence and if you don't have any warranty, it will be a fight as I don't know of a single problem like this over at least 3 forum sites I visit at least occasionally. DEF and high fuel use are about all that I've seen negative and that's only a few

This is a year plus old recall - why are you doing it now?

Old 02-10-2016, 08:20 PM
MalibuSki
New User
Only just got the notice, in Canada so maybe different. Truck only has about 70,000 miles on it. Could this have anything to do with it as these are the error messages I get , seems odd it happened right after I left the dealer

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-221.pdf

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Emissions recall 14E03. Should I?