Tomahawk's F100 - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Tomahawk's F100

Old 04-05-2015, 11:25 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Tomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputation
Ultra - thanks for the air cleaner info.

I got a few things accomplished this weekend.

I robbed the battery tray, driver side window regulator, both window cranks and arm rests from the blue truck and put them in the green truck.
I oiled the door latches and hinges, adjusted the doors.
I think I'm gonna name the blue truck Peter and the green truck Paul.

I can't figure out why the little door behind the passenger tail lights was almost rusted in half? Check out the gap between the bearing and pinion shaft on the window regulator......it's shot.

Nite nite!

Old 04-06-2015, 12:07 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
HIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud of
Whew.. I'm beat from all this work on your rig. Dang, that's one rotten battery tray. A funny contest in here would be to post up pics of who has the worst battery tray still in use. You'd be a contender I believe.

But tomorrow, let's lubricate all grease fittings!

G' night.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:25 AM
ultraranger
Post Fiend
ultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Whew.. I'm beat from all this work on your rig. Dang, that's one rotten battery tray. A funny contest in here would be to post up pics of who has the worst battery tray still in use. You'd be a contender I believe.

But tomorrow, let's lubricate all grease fittings!

G' night.
I MAY have that beat.

I have a new (used) right inner fender apron and battery tray for my truck my uncle had given me. I just haven't installed them yet.

It's the only major place on my truck where there's rust --battery acid induced.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Tomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputation
I did all of the scheduled maintenance stuff last week, topped off the tranny and diff. The wife and I took it for a second ride last night and she was happy to be able to roll down her window and open her door......easier the the first ride.
The carb. and steering gear box needs to be adjusted, other than that she runs like a top. The big brown truck will be delivering a bunch of stuff from ebay and Dennis Carpenter this week....w00t! I had no idea waiting for hub caps and steering wheels could be this exciting.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ultraranger View Post
I MAY have that beat.

I have a new (used) right inner fender apron and battery tray for my truck my uncle had given me. I just haven't installed them yet.

It's the only major place on my truck where there's rust --battery acid induced.
I want to find a plastic tray to put my battery in.

Have a great day guys, I gotta get to work.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:03 AM
orich
Post Fiend
orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.
I was going to use a battery plastic boat box for my rig soon after buying a new battery tray. And painted the whole inner fender with Por-15 after striping all the paint rusty crap that had been painted over for yrs.

But then heck with the todays maintenance free batteries versus the old 40 yr old acid puking ones we had back in yesteryear. I had then chance my mine and find that just do a general inspection & cleaning of the battery is all is needed with out having to mess with the plastic battery box.

Orich

Old 04-06-2015, 12:13 PM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
Yes the rear side markers are D5TZ15A201B. They were originally a D0UZ part number. Kinsel Lincoln Mercury shows having 8 of them. Try Lynda there at 800-816-2894. I am not sure if she will sell to you as a non-dealer. When Gina was there she wouldn't. If she won't either myself from here at work or your local Ford Dealer can buy them from her. Last known suggested list price was $37.59 each.
WAIT A MINUTE. My Monday morning droopy eyes just realized I owe you for a CARE package you sent me! I'll trade you these new lamps for your amber camper special ones on there now. I may have that ash tray slide bracket also. PM me a grocery list and your address.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:35 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
HIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
Yes the rear side markers are D5TZ15A201B. They were originally a D0UZ part number.

Really? Ford re-engineered it after 1972? ..That doesn't seem to follow logic regarding engineering numbers. Interesting.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Gembone
Postmaster
Gembone has much to be proud ofGembone has much to be proud ofGembone has much to be proud ofGembone has much to be proud ofGembone has much to be proud ofGembone has much to be proud ofGembone has much to be proud ofGembone has much to be proud of
I have a ashtray mounting bracket but no slides if it can be useful.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:13 PM
orich
Post Fiend
orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.
I've found that there was not any D0UZ listed for sale, but check the 1975 at PnP an sure enough it was the same D5TZ. as what was on my 71. Ordered them from a vendor out of San Diego 9 bucks each in Red color.. The Vans Amber ones have the same fitment tho.

Orich

Old 04-06-2015, 01:28 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by orich View Post
I've found that there was not any D0UZ listed for sale, but check the 1975 at PnP an sure enough it was the same D5TZ. as what was on my 71. Ordered them from a vendor out of San Diego 9 bucks each in Red color.. The Vans Amber ones have the same fitment tho.

Orich
2x.. I was perusing DC's catalog last night and it too is a D5TZ...

.. it makes for an interesting and relatively obscure trivia question.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:37 PM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
2x.. I was perusing DC's catalog last night and it too is a D5TZ...

.. it makes for an interesting and relatively obscure trivia question.
Simple my dear Jester. This same lamp not only fit old Bumps, Econolines, but also.....
wait for it...
Baby Broncos up to 1977. Hense the D5TZ.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:51 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Simple my dear Jester. This same lamp not only fit old Bumps, Econolines, but also.....
wait for it...
Baby Broncos up to 1977. Hense the D5TZ.

LOL. Ahhh... very much thank you for shedding light on the Kingdom of Bumpside on Planet Ford.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
I was going to use a battery plastic boat box for my rig soon after buying a new battery tray. And painted the whole inner fender with Por-15 after striping all the paint rusty crap that had been painted over for yrs.

But then heck with the todays maintenance free batteries versus the old 40 yr old acid puking ones we had back in yesteryear. I had then chance my mine and find that just do a general inspection & cleaning of the battery is all is needed with out having to mess with the plastic battery box.

Orich
Good idea, I could just cut down a boat box.

Yes the rear side markers are D5TZ15A201B. They were originally a D0UZ part number. Kinsel Lincoln Mercury shows having 8 of them. Try Lynda there at 800-816-2894. I am not sure if she will sell to you as a non-dealer. When Gina was there she wouldn't. If she won't either myself from here at work or your local Ford Dealer can buy them from her. Last known suggested list price was $37.59 each.
WAIT A MINUTE. My Monday morning droopy eyes just realized I owe you for a CARE package you sent me! I'll trade you these new lamps for your amber camper special ones on there now. I may have that ash tray slide bracket also. PM me a grocery list and your address.
I got the ashtray slide and ash tray off ebay. I also have the reflectors on the way but you can have my amber ones.

Originally Posted by Gembone View Post
I have a ashtray mounting bracket but no slides if it can be useful.
Thanks Greg, I appreciate the offer.

I got some goodies from ebay today, including the seat tracks I need.

I headed down to the railroad museum and borrowed their blasting cabinet.

I just need to get seat tracks painted and put back together.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:54 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend

Orich
I have twins... De-rusted, repaired, reassembled, POR'ed, and finish coated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tomahawk's F100

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.