VetNet A forum dedicated to ALL Veterans... their unique needs and wants. A place where Veterans old and new can discuss their problems and find the help and support they are looking for.

Events, Gatherings, Special Events, and Reunions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Events, Gatherings, Special Events, and Reunions

Well no kidding people - of all the threads to not think of, this came to my mind just last night and gelled as I went about my "Plan of the Day" this morning.

~That we should have an ongoing ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD for good things going on in the near future, to spread the word all in one spot so that our unique get togethers can be seen loud and clear without any ambiguous hunting around.

Veterans Events, Job and Career Fairs, Workshops, possibly even Squadron Parties and just plain Camp Outs and Barbeques...

Whiskey Tango Fox November (Why The (F) Not?)

~Wolfie sendzzz

*DUE CREDIT FOR THE IDEA goes to "Jolly Roger Joe". It was HIS post (quoted below) that woke me up and planted the idea firmly in my "Brain Housing Group"

Old 04-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since I lack the ability to move this post myself - I will quote it in full below:

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
We Remember: A Night for Veterans

We Remember: A Night for Veterans is a charity fundraiser to benefit veterans' causes in the Inland Empire. All proceeds from the 2015 event will benefit U.S. Vets, who will use those funds to help military veterans and their families make a successful transition through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support. All proceeds will help provide services to veterans and their families living on the base facility and in San Bernardino County.

Tickets are $100 per person. Every supporter will receive a three-course plated dinner, a top shelf cigar, entertainment and an opportunity to bid on silent auction items. Riverside County Sheriff Stan Sniff will be our keynote speaker for the evening. Also, former Athletic Director for UC Riverside, Stan Morrison, will orchestrate the function as the master of ceremonies.

Our vocal entertainer for the evening will be Lizann Warner, a gifted vocal impressionist, who can imitate over 35 famous female recording artists. Her voice can be heard on TV ad jingles such as "My Blue Heaven" for Sandals Resorts and on video games like Guitar Hero III. A vivacious live performer too, she's performed on the KTLA Morning News, on stages in several Vegas shows and toured throughout the U.S. with her Heart tribute band "Dog 'N' Butterfly." We are fortunate to have this beautiful and equally talented artist for our event.

No-Host Bar available adjacent to the silent auction area.
------------------
About the Charity:
U.S.VETS – Inland Empire is located at the March Air Reserve Base in Moreno Valley provides housing and support services to 130 veterans each day.

Our Community Office in San Bernardino County, offers services to an additional 157 veterans and their families throughout the Inland Empire.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1519296701658445/

51 F4 "Betsy" https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

That right there is an absolutely outstanding post, if you can afford the gate fee it would be a wonderful event to attend.
BZ!!!