You Need to See This Beautifully Restored 1940 Ford Pickup - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1947 and Older Ford Trucks
Reload this Page >

You Need to See This Beautifully Restored 1940 Ford Pickup

Notices

You Need to See This Beautifully Restored 1940 Ford Pickup

Old 03-31-2015, 02:54 PM
edtahaney
FTE Editor
edtahaney is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up You Need to See This Beautifully Restored 1940 Ford Pickup

Old 03-31-2015, 06:53 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
willowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to all
So nice but what do you do with a truck like that? You couldn't just use it or haul anything.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:56 PM
38 coupe
Posting Guru
38 coupe has a great reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a great reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a great reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a great reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a great reputation on FTE.38 coupe has a great reputation on FTE.
That is not restored. That is hot rodded / street rodded / modified / whatever.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:02 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
Nice Truck! Words mean things though, agreed.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:23 PM
Bluey Zedoff
Elder User
Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.
I think it loses something of its intended purpose (as a truck) and becomes something else entirely (an automotive work of art). I love it for what it is, and for the detail and one can't help but admire the exquisite care the creator has obviously taken to bring this example to near perfection, but if I saw it in a show next to an old original beater, I would gravitate to that old truck without hesitation.
Why? I guess it comes down to inspiration.
The builder has made a statement, and now just stand back and admire it. Like a painting that has been completed. Just look at it! On the other hand, the guy who has an old more or less original truck sitting next to it, inspires interest; makes one think, "hmmm, now what would I do with this if it were mine.." or "look what he has done to make this original part work"...and so on.

I am glad there are people out there who are willing to spend countless hours and countless dollars to create these stunning show vehicles. They inspire and motivate me to try a little harder to get mine just that little bit nicer. I know, for one, I will never be in a position to create something like this, but I think it is fantastic that guys are prepared to lavish so much on these trucks in the name of making a gorgeous artistic statement.
I bow to the creators of such wonderful art works, knowing I am just as happy with my old clunker.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:21 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
willowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to allwillowbilly3 is a name known to all
At 79,000 they are probably loosing money. I agree you have to appreciate the level of craftsmanship. I also agree I would probably walk right past it at a show to look at a survivor.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:50 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
Tough to say, no telling what they started with, but - "Restored", it ain't though, no way no how.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Tedster9 View Post
... no telling what they started with, but....

Scroll through slide show. They started with a rather complete actually restored truck.

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sal.../135101/301867

Old 04-01-2015, 02:39 AM
newold46
Posting Guru
newold46 is a splendid one to beholdnewold46 is a splendid one to beholdnewold46 is a splendid one to beholdnewold46 is a splendid one to beholdnewold46 is a splendid one to beholdnewold46 is a splendid one to beholdnewold46 is a splendid one to behold
I like it for what it is but can't imagine even sitting in the seat. I might get it dirty or something!

Old 04-01-2015, 10:19 AM
GB SISSON
Post Fiend
GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.
Yup, another very beautifully done, over 'restored' truck. Yawn.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:31 AM
brokencookie
Freshman User
brokencookie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Reminds me of all the gigantic 4X4 that spend their weekends getting shined up by the owers.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:52 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by newold46 View Post
I like it for what it is but can't imagine even sitting in the seat. I might get it dirty or something!
I think that's where the "restored" part comes in. Maybe there's some wiggle room (not really) but to a lot of people it means anything with new paint, cosmetics and creature comforts. It is a little strange to restore something to the point it can't or won't be used?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:33 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
I read a few of the other articles on there and the writers seem to not really be well informed car people.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:08 AM
mprsox
Junior User
mprsox is starting off with a positive reputation.

1940 one ton pickup, all original body, chassis, wheels, brakes, suspension, steering, hubcaps, approx. 90% restored to factory condition. 12v conversion, 68 mustang 302 and c4 trans.

I have a 1940 one ton pickup and I restored it to near original condition, this is what it looks like. (engine and trans are from 68 mustang... all original body, chassis, brakes, wheels, etc.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:15 AM
GB SISSON
Post Fiend
GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by mprsox View Post

1940 one ton pickup, all original body, chassis, wheels, brakes, suspension, steering, hubcaps, approx. 90% restored to factory condition. 12v conversion, 68 mustang 302 and c4 trans.

I have a 1940 one ton pickup and I restored it to near original condition, this is what it looks like. (engine and trans are from 68 mustang... all original body, chassis, brakes, wheels, etc.

Now THAT is a TRUCK! How much, delivered to Orcas Island Wa. ??? I even like the upgrades! Wow, just wow......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You Need to See This Beautifully Restored 1940 Ford Pickup

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.