6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
There must be a label for Rodney's Mental Illness..........

Old 12-20-2017, 04:05 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,196 Likes on 573 Posts
Today I was at Ford dropping the truck for a new brake booster, new cupholders, and to research the DEF not resetting issue. Plus, they took pics of my driver seat. The leather has stretched excessively in the 10 months I’ve had it. Hopefully, Ford will spring for a new cover. If it looks that bad now, I can’t imagine in 5 years. There were other complaints about this on early builds so hopefully there is an approved solution. Just felt the need to post this as we haven't talked trucks in this thread in a LONG time...

Old 12-20-2017, 05:39 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Indeed! And more funding...
Money trees only bloom in the spring. Dammit, huh?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:40 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Today I was at Ford dropping the truck for a new brake booster, new cupholders, and to research the DEF not resetting issue. Plus, they took pics of my driver seat. The leather has stretched excessively in the 10 months I’ve had it. Hopefully, Ford will spring for a new cover. If it looks that bad now, I can’t imagine in 5 years. There were other complaints about this on early builds so hopefully there is an approved solution. Just felt the need to post this as we haven't talked trucks in this thread in a LONG time...
They put new covers on mine and they have held up much better. Not sure what changed about them, though.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:05 PM
System
Prolocutor
Good to hear again that it's a known issue and has been addressed David. My passenger one isn't as bad and they didn't take pics of it. Maybe I should tell them to take pics of it too while it's still there. In the meantime, I'm setup in a F150. The ride is smooooooth.....

Old 12-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
In reality though, I'm thinking the time I'd use a dump is far less than the times where an enclosed trailer would come in handy. My contractor buddy has a dump trailer that would be there during the build along with a 30 yard rolloff. So, having a dump for the once every two year mulching project is starting to feel silly.
I see the Rodney-coaster is off the rails again. I know you love new stuff bud. Watch the used market and pick up a dump. It will take a bit of time to find one not beat to ****. But IMO for your needs the ultimate is just spending it because its cool and you can. Other than the tailgate, a 4-5k used trailer will do the same job, and let you spend the other 5-6k on that new garage, sled, trailer, tractor, house, or something else you'll use a hell of a lot more. Just my honest .02.

While I don't have the powersports toys you do, the times I'd use an enclosed are few and far between. And if I'm really stuck I do have 12' of enclosed trailer, it's just got 25' of living quarters attached!

Old 12-20-2017, 08:01 PM
System
Prolocutor
If I still see the need in the future, that's what I'll do Scott. For close to the same money, I could have a basic dump and an enclosed....

Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
If I still see the need in the future, that's what I'll do Scott. For close to the same money, I could have a basic dump and an enclosed....
Yep, thats my point exactly. Nothing to be scared of buying a well kept used open or dump trailer. And if you buy it right and don't beat the **** out of it, you can get most if not all of your money back if you decide to sell.

Also, after dinner tonight Becky looked at me and asked what I said at the school board meeting last night. I said "nothing" and could quickly tell she knew I was full of ****. Neighbor who is lifelong friend of the in-laws was there. Apparently one of her coworkers was there too. Word traveled fast! The neighbor and I have different viewpoints. He did tell her parents I was well spoken, and I'm very happy to hear that coming from him.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Yep, thats my point exactly. Nothing to be scared of buying a well kept used open or dump trailer. And if you buy it right and don't beat the **** out of it, you can get most if not all of your money back if you decide to sell.

Also, after dinner tonight Becky looked at me and asked what I said at the school board meeting last night. I said "nothing" and could quickly tell she knew I was full of ****. Neighbor who is lifelong friend of the in-laws was there. Apparently one of her coworkers was there too. Word traveled fast! The neighbor and I have different viewpoints. He did tell her parents I was well spoken, and I'm very happy to hear that coming from him.
Does that mean........ You told them to go to Hell and made them look forward to the trip.........

Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 PM
System
Prolocutor
Heck, I could about buy a new dump combined with an enclosed for the price of the Bwise...

Good work on the public speaking. I got a similar comment from a neighbor after my latest public meeting venture... although, I was speaking along the lines Roy intimated...

Old 12-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Does that mean........ You told them to go to Hell and made them look forward to the trip.........
Honestly, I thanked the one board member that changed his position and flipped the vote in favor 5-4. I then told the board and everyone in the room to stop acting like children and start acting like adults. Finished off asking people to work together moving forward. Did say I support the school, but didn't really speak toward a side. I was watching it all go down with an older guy I met at the last meeting, and all we could do was look at each other in disbelief with how the "adults" on both sides were acting. I finally had enough. I've done a bit of public speaking at church, and spoke at my HS graduation. Looking at 15 people at a table doesn't phase me.

I also made a point to find the member that flipped the vote and shake his hand after the meeting. He made a logical decision based on facts, but the poor guy was getting his ears chewed off last night and is getting beaten (and threatened) on social media today. More adults acting like little kids having a temper tantrum.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:19 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
With everyday being Christmas at Rodney's house, wonder how his family celebrates the holiday? Maybe just really good food, family, and friends...

bruce...

Old 12-21-2017, 10:26 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
My only advice is that if you buy an enclosed, get the full 8.5' width. Makes the trailer much more useful...easier to walk past things parked or stored inside.

I'd also caution heavily about using a standard enclosed (such as the one you pictured) for snowmobile duty. Salt kills trailers, the exposed wood floors can rot from below, and quite honestly most enclosed trailers have terrible build quality. They don't survive well trailering in the winter. I contemplating using my enclosed for snowmobiling, but ended up buying a separate dedicated aluminum trailer.

Interesting on the leather in your truck. When I traded mine, at 11.5 months old, the leather looked perfect. My truck was built 9/2016. No stretching. I'm also 6'5" 250lbs and get in and out quite a few times. I did use King Ranch leather conditioner on the seats, but that stuff doesn't seem to be terribly much different than most other leather conditioners.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:41 AM
System
Prolocutor
The trailer I pictured is all aluminum Tyler. I would never buy a steel enclosed trailer to use up here in the winter. This will be my 6th enclosed sled trailer so I'm pretty experienced in buying them. It's my third ProLine built right in NH. They are the best IMO, built to order, and completely customizable. Going 7.5' wide by 18' long box with 52" V. I'm not a fan of 102" sled trailers based on past experience. 7'6" is a nice compromise and will give me good clearance to open my Gereral's doors. It will have 6'6" interior height and a 3" beavertail drop to facilitate loading the General with it's tall(ish) cage. That has other benefits as well. The longer ramp has a more shallow angle and combined with the beavertail, will make loading the Spyders when needed, much easier than my past trailers. My last was an 18' X 7' and while it took three sleds OK, with modern long tracks, it was a very close fit. So, the only thing I'm still debating is going to a 20' box. Here's a link to the page of the model I will order:

Enclosed SxS & UTV Trailers * PROLine Products LLC

My options are as follows:

Proline Build:

7’6”X18.
Front spring assist ramp door.
Beavertail.
Front and rear ramp transition flaps.
3 snowmobile tie down bars.
Aluminum wheels.
Spare tire and inside mount.
Driver side man door and fuel door.
Third quick adjust floor rail in center.
Loading lights.
Silver(front)/Charcoal(rear) two tone.
4 quick adjust eyebolts.
Side door step.
Easy 120v package.
Back up lights.
Aluminum 90 degree angle strip on front ramp.
No decals.
Black roof vent cover. (I’ll supply.)
Lighted door handle. (I’ll supply)

Stretched seat bases were a common complaint in the 2017 section for a while but I haven't read about it at all lately. I'm betting it was a bad run between certain dates that was corrected. Hopefully the dealer will swap them without a fight like they have for others. It took some strong words to get them to swap my job 1 cupholders for job 2...

Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
That looks like a nice trailer. Will it have the snowmobile ski and track guides or could you add them? Carbides and picks quickly destroy plywood.

Even with 16" on center, I'd we wary of letting snow sit too long on the roof. My allegedly crappy Freedom trailer is similar construction of 2" studs / trusses and 16" OC for floor / walls / ceiling. I always shovel it off...will need to before this next storm rolls in tomorrow.

How is the plywood coated underneath?

I do like the look...

Quick Reply: Today is the day........