Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 07-07-2017, 09:40 AM
STOF-FORD
Posting Guru
STOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
Check out my sign...
That looks EXACTLY like the head on the 218 CI flathead engine in my first car...a 1948 Plymouth!

Ah, memories!!!

Old 07-07-2017, 09:53 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
The market will crash and recover sometime in the next 15 years Tom. As long as it doesn't crash on year 14, you'll be fine.
Oh yeah, no doubt. Right now, I'm enjoying the 5+% tax free dividends of the Ford stock in my Roth IRA. The value of F has dropped tremendously, but the dividend has stayed at $0.15 per, so at this point, I just keep reinvesting in it. I just wish I would have bought tons more back when it was < $1.00 per share.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:30 AM
PlayersZ28
Posting Guru
PlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by STOF-FORD View Post
Rodney, It's not quite that simple. Unless you plan to liquidate everything on retirement day and put it under the mattress, you still have to worry about the market crashing in years 16 to whenever!
Yup I trade the market most days when I'm home. Could go all cash @ retirement and earn a healthy .00001% return

Old 07-07-2017, 10:33 AM
PlayersZ28
Posting Guru
PlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by STOF-FORD View Post
Certainly not in disagreement on that front Rodney. I guess I'm going to have to learn to pass sometimes.
That was the worst part of consulting & contract s/w dev when I did it for 12 yrs. I always told myself when a project ended I'd take a couple of months off. Then you get offered another right away and you think there might not be one when you want it so you end up with no vacation & no time off (bank balance likes it though).

Old 07-07-2017, 10:38 AM
PlayersZ28
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
I understand Steve. What I mean was, historically, the market always recovers and continues to climb. My mother is still 90% in at age 70. So, since you don't need every penny from your account the day you retire, you just try and take as little as possible during the decline and wait it out. Granted, your risk tolerance needs to change the older you get so you're more protected. I've never seen anyone go to cash at retirement though. You're money needs to continue working for you or you'll never keep up with inflation. And, if the worst case scenario happens and the crash is permanent, well then... due to whatever caused a catastrophic event like that, we've got much bigger problems than our retirement accounts.
When my wife asked me if we can afford for her to retire I just told her yes and when the money runs out we hold hands and jump off a bridge. Either that or sponge off the kids... they did it to us.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:40 AM
STOF-FORD
Posting Guru
STOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to beholdSTOF-FORD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
When my wife asked me if we can afford for her to retire I just told her yes and when the money runs out we hold hands and jump off a bridge. Either that or sponge off the kids... they did it to us.
And we have already informed our kids accordingly!!

Old 07-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Brilliant! I'm grooming Elyse to take care of us as well. I told her she needs to grow up and become rich for mommy and daddy... We'd be so proud...

Old 07-07-2017, 02:41 PM
STOF-FORD
Posting Guru
Well Rodney, I guess I've made my decision regarding brakes and suspension. I confirmed arrangements today to have disc brakes installed on our rig while in camp in Maine. They tell me they should be able to do it in a day, which totally astounds but delights me. I'm going to leave suspension alone for the foreseeable future. We think what we have works really pretty well so we'll leave it alone. The brakes are a much bigger deal to me.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
That ought to provide us with some entertainment while in ME! Great to hear both for both your safety and for us to get to watch...

Old 07-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
Am i allowed to to give them advice?

I'm almost done doing my disk brake install. Spent 4 hours putting the hubs/ disks/ calipers on on Tuesday, ran most of the brake line Wednesday, just need to run a couple wires in the morning and go for a test drive.

I could very easily see somebody who does it for a living getting this done in one day. I could've if not invited out on the lake for the 4th.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
I was hoping you'd talk us through the process as they go Chad....

So, I just did a little mod with Forscan. Now that my truck is updated to SYNC 3 v. 2.2, I can run the new 2017 Ford GT theme. I like it better in the black night mode as I'm not much into color but I think they both look better than the standard Ford SD theme. I didn't think to take before pics but I grabbed a couple off the net.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Google result before pics:

Old 07-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend

Old 07-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Oh yeah, no doubt. Right now, I'm enjoying the 5+% tax free dividends of the Ford stock in my Roth IRA. The value of F has dropped tremendously, but the dividend has stayed at $0.15 per, so at this point, I just keep reinvesting in it. I just wish I would have bought tons more back when it was < $1.00 per share.
You guys have now gone to the point of speaking Japanese to me again. I know nothing of the stock market at all. For now, I'm concerned with debt elimination. At that point I will look into stocks and such. Right now i can't see investing money that could be used to eliminate my only debt (mortgage). Rough end goal for that is Jan 1 2020, I'll be 35. I have a good pension too, so not real concerned about the lack of investing to this point.

We will make sure Steve's installer does a good job! Will be in Mass in a week!

Old 07-07-2017, 08:06 PM
STOF-FORD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ferguson65 View Post

We will make sure Steve's installer does a good job! Will be in Mass in a week!
You may not appreciate how important that offer may be. I do not know yet exactly what day or days the technician will be there to install the brakes. I should know an exact date by early next week.

However, as I have previously mentioned, because of consulting client commitments, I going to have to leave my wife and RV for two days (Tue and Wed) while I travel to Chicago for meetings. In the event the installer will be there while I'm gone, I'm going to be counting on you guys to make sure it's a quality installation job. My wife, Sally, has no problem making sure contractors do a good job, but in this case, she's really not going to be that familiar with what a good job is. And then there is the matter of the test drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: