Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 07-04-2017, 08:57 PM
golfmedik
Post Fiend
golfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by elee3 View Post
Are you guys superstitious or something?
Only about that number, walking under ladders, stepping on cracks, etc...JK

Old 07-04-2017, 09:26 PM
elee3
Posting Guru
elee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
Only about that number, walking under ladders, stepping on cracks, etc...JK
Yep, me too. When I played baseball, I'd never step on the chalk lines. I won't walk under a ladder and don't like to stop a fuel pump on any 13. Bananas aren't allowed on my boat. There are many others that I just can't think of right now.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I'm not at all and was just playing as I know folks love to worry about these things...LOL.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:12 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Chad149 View Post
Drain plugs are the exception, not the rule...
What is the best practice for draining then? Suck it out or pull the cover?

Old 07-04-2017, 11:22 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
I pull the cover. Only way to drain it completely and provides an opportunity to look it over good since its not something you have to service very often.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:25 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
If you are set up for max replies per page, it's only page 250.

I am assuming you don't need the power supply for those LED lights, they just run off the 12V system?

Old 07-05-2017, 06:08 AM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Yep, I just tied them into an existing 12v switch Eric. No power supply needed...

Old 07-05-2017, 06:40 AM
PlayersZ28
Posting Guru
PlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
After seeing Tony's install, I went with his method as opposed to what XLR is doing on their current builds. They have them firing straight down but you loose light that way. His (and now, mine) are along the outside lip facing in towards the cabinets so they hit the dark wood and create a glow. It's not as spacey in person. My cam had a hard time figuring how to focus on the various light sources. Very cool though and matches what was already up above. I'll have to take some night pics later when the sun drops...
So the strip is in a vertical position? You stuck it to the inside of the counter edge buildup? Was going to ask how well it followed the curve but if it's mounted that way then it didn't have to curve.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:49 AM
Karl4Cat
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
So the strip is in a vertical position? You stuck it to the inside of the counter edge buildup? Was going to ask how well it followed the curve but if it's mounted that way then it didn't have to curve.
Exactly. It's on the outside of the groove facing in.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:47 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Happy 4th everyone!

We just took a trip to the St. Francois Mountains in SE MO. I've lived in MO my entire life, but hadn't been to this part of the state before. It's beautiful, and probably the most scenic part of the state. It's also home to the highest part of the state at 1790' above sea level. The negative is the roads. They're horrible! Curvy, winding, hilly, and patchy pavement that makes for a rough and grueling trip. I was beat by the time I got finished with the 3+ hours of driving that stuff. The good side is that the truck did great. Couldn't have asked for more. The slow trip makes for good fuel economy too...12.5 MPG pulling 10k lbs of fifth wheel.

That's a lead in to a question I've got for all you fiver towing experts. On many of the sharper turns, about halfway through the turn, it will feel like something slips and then catches. Almost like you've got a load of water and then it suddenly shifts and sloshes against the other side. I've never felt this sensation before, but I've never had such a long trip on these hilly, curvy roads either. Any ideas what it could be? I did air the rear tires down on my truck to about 65 PSI on this trip down from the usual 80 PSI, but with only 1200-1500 lbs of pin weight, I don't think that's the issue. I always ran 60 PSI in my F250 and never experienced it. Any ideas what this could be?
Hey, can you grab the hitch plate and move it up and down laterally? Some hitches don't have much articulation side to side, as if the truck is leaning left 4 and trailer is off camber 4 right. On mountain switchback roads you may have hit the camber limit a few times which would put the twisting stress on the base and pucks and they do have some slop in them. It's hard to describe....older hitches had equal fore and aft articulation and port/starboard so there was full range of motion on the hitch head. Some newer ones just have rubber bushings and the side tilting is very limited.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Karl4Cat
Welcome back Joel!!!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by elee3 View Post
Yep, me too. When I played baseball, I'd never step on the chalk lines. I won't walk under a ladder and don't like to stop a fuel pump on any 13. Bananas aren't allowed on my boat. There are many others that I just can't think of right now.
Were Bananas allowed on Subs.......

Old 07-05-2017, 08:34 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
Hey, can you grab the hitch plate and move it up and down laterally? Some hitches don't have much articulation side to side, as if the truck is leaning left 4 and trailer is off camber 4 right. On mountain switchback roads you may have hit the camber limit a few times which would put the twisting stress on the base and pucks and they do have some slop in them. It's hard to describe....older hitches had equal fore and aft articulation and port/starboard so there was full range of motion on the hitch head. Some newer ones just have rubber bushings and the side tilting is very limited.
Hmmm, that's a good point and I see what you are saying. I do have the rubber bushings that the head sits on with my B&W. I know I have good front to back movement, but I will check the side to side. I don't remember there being much. I do know it's much more difficult to get the head down all the way on this hitch vs. my last B&W.

Another piece I forgot to mention. I've got the Reese Sidewinder/Revolution on my fifth wheel, so it basically locks in place in the hitch so all the rotation is at the trailer and not the hitch. I'm going to double-check that for fit as well.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Karl4Cat
So, just got off the phone with Ferrara Spring. They are going to drill my lower overloads and install the StableLoads. They said the easiest way to do it was to pull the spring pack and do it on a press. Worst case scenario, 3 hours at $95 per. Yikes. Here's to hoping it goes quick...

Old 07-05-2017, 11:26 AM
golfmedik
Post Fiend
golfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Another piece I forgot to mention. I've got the Reese Sidewinder/Revolution on my fifth wheel, so it basically locks in place in the hitch so all the rotation is at the trailer and not the hitch. I'm going to double-check that for fit as well.
I didn't think the B&W was compatible with the Reese hitch due to using a capture plate?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: