6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 06:50 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by First3Quarter
I thought Rodney already installed the H&S and could tell me.
I do. The 2017 is different than the 11-16 kit though. I can't remember what year yours is. If it's a 17, then yes, it's a super easy 5 minute install with nothing to relocate.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:22 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I had the pleasure to meet with Steve (Stof-Ford) today. He added to his Karma by giving me an external pressure regulator he isn't going to use. Unfortunately, his trailer was parked elsewhere (HOA/neighbor issues) but I did get a tour of his garage. He has the BIGGEST air compressor I've ever seen in a residential garage.

Anyhow, props to Steve for the regulator!
Jim, It was really great to meet you and put a face with the name as well. Thanks for coming by. We will have to find an opportunity to camp together sometime as we are so close to start with.

So my theory on the air compressor is this. If you're gong to buy an air compressor, welder, plasma cutter, table saw, bench planer, drill press or any other major tool, do it right the first time and then you never have to do it again. I'll admit the air compressor is a smidge of overkill, but I'll NEVER run out of air.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:37 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,686 Likes on 2,747 Posts
I'm all about overkill! I hope I didn't drool on the air compressor.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:45 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I spend a good number of spring, summer, and fall weekends on the road and agree with stopping after 150/200 miles. Get a cup of coffee, take a leak, add some diesel. If I had a bigger tank, I'd still stop. I'm never in such a hurry that I can't.

Bruce

Old 06-04-2017, 08:53 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,686 Likes on 2,747 Posts
I tend to be a point A to point B driver and damn the scenery. I told my wife I would work on that, but she needs to keep in mind that I'm the one that has to do the driving, so the sooner it's over for me, the better.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:05 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
I spend a good number of spring, summer, and fall weekends on the road and agree with stopping after 150/200 miles. Get a cup of coffee, take a leak, add some diesel. If I had a bigger tank, I'd still stop. I'm never in such a hurry that I can't.

Bruce
With a bigger tank, you can stop just as often, but it doesn't have to be at a fuel station.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:22 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by k7lvo
With a bigger tank, you can stop just as often, but it doesn't have to be at a fuel station.
Very valid point, for sure.

Bruce

Old 06-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
With the bigger tank I can stop when I want to and where I want.
The last part is the key to me.
I have enjoyed the Titan very much. My .02

Old 06-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Originally Posted by k7lvo
Yes.......
We stop whenever we wish......usually a rest area or in the middle of nowhere.

I do like having plenty of fuel......might be a pilot thing.....

Old 06-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 507 Likes on 171 Posts
Well Rodney, I'm gonna pull a page out of your book this week. Instead of just fixing the problem (blown grease seal and one very greasy brake assembly), I'm going whole hog and doing EOH disks. Reviewing Dave's thread and was perusing the links there found this setup i like. My automotive experience tells me the most likely reason I'll be servicing the brakes is due to the rotors rusting, this kit makes it cheaper and easier to do, and the cost difference up front is peanuts.
Kodiak E Coated Disc Brake Kit Slip On 8 Lug 7,000lb Axles w/ Hubs

The Titan hydraulic units seem to be the unit of choice for big RVs, but would like to know if anybody has used the Dexter units (or anything else for that matter).

Old 06-05-2017, 05:57 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
On the tank thing, I'm like Jim and like to get it done. We NEVER stop at someplace scenic while en route to our destination. It's a get er done thing. That said, we are generally passing truck stops and fuel stations every 10-20 minutes and fueling up while traveling couldn't be much easier. I did try to use the stopping but not getting fuel logic but as Maryann said, with me being so task oriented, we never stop anywhere but to get fuel.

Chad, that's cool about the disc upgrade! I'll be interested to hear your progress... Still no word on finding a sooner date for me to get into MorRyde.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:02 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 904 Likes on 327 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad149
Well Rodney, I'm gonna pull a page out of your book this week. Instead of just fixing the problem (blown grease seal and one very greasy brake assembly), I'm going whole hog and doing EOH disks. Reviewing Dave's thread and was perusing the links there found this setup i like. My automotive experience tells me the most likely reason I'll be servicing the brakes is due to the rotors rusting, this kit makes it cheaper and easier to do, and the cost difference up front is peanuts.

The Titan hydraulic units seem to be the unit of choice for big RVs, but would like to know if anybody has used the Dexter units (or anything else for that matter).
Atta boy Chad!

Don't forget to order one of these too. I don't know for sure which EOH actuators Ford and the industry actually test with, but without it, the actuator pulsed every 5 seconds from the controller sending out the low voltage "testing" the connection. Oddly, it didn't start doing it right away, the tech that installed mine sent it to me to install myself.

Also, worth reminding, is that the etailer I used has the complete kit, including all the hydraulic lines, fittings, hardware, wiring, etc for $1750. Interestingly, when it all showed up, the hub kits, were a dexter part number, and included Kodiak calipers.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:03 AM
First3Quarter
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I do. The 2017 is different than the 11-16 kit though. I can't remember what year yours is. If it's a 17, then yes, it's a super easy 5 minute install with nothing to relocate.

Yes..My fault for not having a signature. I do have a 2017.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:01 AM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
On the tank thing, I'm like Jim and like to get it done. We NEVER stop at someplace scenic while en route to our destination. It's a get er done thing. That said, we are generally passing truck stops and fuel stations every 10-20 minutes and fueling up while traveling couldn't be much easier. I did try to use the stopping but not getting fuel logic but as Maryann said, with me being so task oriented, we never stop anywhere but to get fuel.

Chad, that's cool about the disc upgrade! I'll be interested to hear your progress... Still no word on finding a sooner date for me to get into MorRyde.
I'm surprised that your vote counts for "rest" stop choices, since you're outnumbered 2:1.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:22 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chad149

Are all the retro-fit kits single piston calipers? Do they tell you what the calipers/pads/rotors are from so replacements can be sourced locally?

Quick Reply: Today is the day........