6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:02 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
Originally Posted by elee3
Rodney, the new truck looks great hooked up to the XLR.
Thanks Lee!!! I'm sure the Air Bag Boys will want me to loose that 3/4" of sag but I'm happy with it as is. I am quite relieved it setup as easy and successfully did. I was worried starting over with a new tuck and new hitch. The only thing left to do for curiosity will be to have the whole package weighed. I'll do that on my first camping trip in a month or so...

Old 04-23-2017, 07:03 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Does the way the truck sits and the way the camper fits over the bed rails mean you won't change the rear blocks on the truck after all?

Old 04-23-2017, 07:05 AM
System
Prolocutor
Yes, no need to change blocks at all. That was only if I couldn't get the camper level with good bed rail clearance. Got ideal clearance and trailer is dead level...

As to the lawn, I start the year with starter fertilizer since Scotts was forced to take the phosphorous out of Step 1 of the 4 Step program. So, my 5 Step program started the second the snow was gone. There actually was a touch of it left in under the arborvitae's when I did it...

Old 04-23-2017, 07:58 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning Rodney. I don't believe in treating viral symptoms either. I usually have the postules, marbled tonsils and feels like I am swallowing razor blades before I go to the doc. There are a lot of false positives in strep as well as a lot of false negatives. Jeriann was sick with strep last year and the test was negative, but our doc said it had to be, so he gave her an antibiotic injection as well as a steroid one. Four days later the office​ called and said, "We sent out your strep test last week and just wanted you to know it came back positive. How are you feeling?" I'm all about injections. I can't stand taking pills. I have to take pills before every meal and for that reason, most oral antibiotics do not work for me.
I have an idea!! Rodney, tell the new boss to expand their horizons and start making floor plans like the Montanas and Cardinals!!!!
I have no idea what it would be like to have customer support like that.
By the way, the front AC unit on my rig will not run on LO setting. Once it cycles, the unit cuts off and will not come back on until the thermostat is cycled to off manually. Tried it every day last week and always the same results.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning fellas

Old 04-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Good morning Gentlemen.......

Rodney.......that is a great looking rig.....

Monty......when you said "A/C" ....... I said "Oh Chit" before reading any further....

Gotta get ready for church.......Later my Friends.

Remember.......Life IS Good

Old 04-23-2017, 09:30 AM
elee3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Thanks Lee!!! I'm sure the Air Bag Boys will want me to loose that 3/4" of sag but I'm happy with it as is. I am quite relieved it setup as easy and successfully did. I was worried starting over with a new tuck and new hitch. The only thing left to do for curiosity will be to have the whole package weighed. I'll do that on my first camping trip in a month or so...
I have to admit that I'm a big fan of air bags, but I'm also big on "to each his own". Looks fine to me.
How much difference is there in between how this one sits vs the previous truck, when hooked up?

Old 04-23-2017, 10:49 AM
System
Prolocutor
Pretty much the same Lee...

Old 04-23-2017, 10:53 AM
System
Prolocutor
Good morning Randy and Roy...

Thanks for all the input Monty!

Old 04-23-2017, 10:56 AM
System
Prolocutor
Got the pig waxed this morning. Also found a lot of openings like what caused Tony's delamination. Heading back out after lunch with body sealer. Remember to check this stuff at least once a year. Some pics of the voids and the wax job...

Old 04-23-2017, 10:58 AM
System
Prolocutor
Tony's dissection started at XLR...

Old 04-23-2017, 11:06 AM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Rodney, its amazing how much more substantial the new Superduty looks versus the old one when you have them set up against the 5th wheel like that. The truck looks a lot larger, due to the proportions.

Originally Posted by golfmedik
I have no idea what it would be like to have customer support like that.
By the way, the front AC unit on my rig will not run on LO setting. Once it cycles, the unit cuts off and will not come back on until the thermostat is cycled to off manually. Tried it every day last week and always the same results.
That's just ridiculous. Its obvious that nobody tested the system if that's how its operating. The QC issues I read about in today's RV industry is scary. Growing up, my family never had any issues like this with the Beaver & Monaco products my dad has purchased.....but those were all before the 08 meltdown.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:27 AM
System
Prolocutor
That's the first thing my wife said Steve as she looked over my shoulder while I was posting the two pics. The truck is indeed almost 2' longer. I bet the longer wheelbase will be even more noticeable while towing...

Yes, Monty's AC is something... I just don't even know what to say about that...

Old 04-23-2017, 11:30 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Rodney, I love the new truck with the camper hooked up. Impressive!
I've always been extremely cautious about the caulking on the campers. Especially since this one split. I truly believe that is why they replaced that front section is due to water getting in it.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:53 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
That's the first thing my wife said Steve as she looked over my shoulder while I was posting the two pics. The truck is indeed almost 2' longer. I bet the longer wheelbase will be even more noticeable while towing...

Yes, Monty's AC is something... I just don't even know what to say about that...
You will notice a big difference in towing in high cross winds.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........