Today is the day........ - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 03-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Post Fiend

Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Sleeping over at the dealer tonight to make sure there are no bugs. Start home in the morning. The pinbox needs raised but I'm not going to bother. I have a Reese 5th Airbourne waiting at home that will fit under a factory pinbox cover. I had them paint me one when it was in the paintshop. So, it will look cleaner I think than the trail air. By the way, if anyone is in the market for a trail air that's a brand new take off, I'll be selling it when I get home.

Yes, I probably need air bags. I had them before and disliked the jounce bumpers (air lift ultimate) so I sent them back. Will go with a standard bag this time to keep my unloaded ride smoother. That will hold me over until my 2017 DRW...

Wife is cleaning interior now to got it photo ready. More soon...
Old 03-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Senior User

Specularius has a good reputation on FTE.Specularius has a good reputation on FTE.Specularius has a good reputation on FTE.
If you weren't so far away, I would take you up on that Trail-Air if it would fit my TH. Please let us know how different it pulls with the 5TH Airborn over the Trail-Air.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:02 PM
Post Fiend

Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Will compare the two... Bet they are the same, the Reese just hides it's guts inside...

Interior pics. Hope it's not too much for you all... Just extremely excited! My last rig, a 2013 Road Warrior 30C was just not on this level of quality and it is a direct competition line. Not sure if it's the three years newer or XLR is just that much better quality, but holy....

Old 03-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Senior User

cay5628 has a great reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a great reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a great reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a great reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a great reputation on FTE.
Thats a beautiful rig Rodney. Enjoy the many road trips to come.

-Mark
Old 03-30-2015, 06:56 PM
Postmaster

Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Rodney, congrats on a beautiful rig !
Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:09 PM
Post Fiend

Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
What a sexy rig!!!!! Man have I got the envy going!!!!!

Love the LED halo effect around the lighting, the popup power center in the countertop, the Garage!!, Oh la laaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Need some stripes on the truck now!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Post Fiend

golfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputation
I've told my wife that my next rig will be a toyhauler!! That one is fantastic! Congrats!!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Post Fiend

kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
Wow that fiver is amazing. If you do enough camping the time will pass fast enough for the 2017 order banks to open next year as I have a feeling you'll want that DRW.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Senior User

Mtncrash1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mtncrash1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very nice rig. Congrats on getting it finally.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Post Fiend

Thanks for all the kind words guys.... Really appreciate it. Got a couple of night shots of the exterior....

Old 03-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Post Fiend

Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
Much droolage....

I made the mistake of handing the iPad over to the Warden so she could see what I was ooohing and aaaahing over....

To quote another forum with a term of extreme jealousy - You SUCK!!!!!

My REP GUN is outa bullets for you Rodney...

Someone hit him up with a REP please!!! It's that little scale looking thing in the upper right corner of the post... Thanks!!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:55 PM
not a WHITE truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Rodney that is a great looking rig. So happy for you both
Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
Rodney that is a great looking rig. So happy for you both
Thanks brother! Looking forward to dragging it and the family in your direction someday....
Old 03-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Montana Chapter LDR

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Great Rig Rodney......

Enjoy the monster........

What is the gross weight of the 5th wheel....??
Over all length......??
Old 03-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Elder User

k7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
I wanted to bring my car wash brush and bucket so truck would be perfect when we first hooked up but the wife told me I was nuts.....
So, what's your point? If she's like my wife, she figured that out a long time ago...