Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 02-21-2016, 05:58 PM
sbryan
Post Fiend
sbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputation
Know exactly where you are going. We have biked up that way many times - an easy ride on the motorcycles. I haven't been following the weather north of us - maybe they have been spared the warm weather. But we love going north on the bikes for many of the same reasons you are taking the sleds there - we get treated like real customers. They love to see us coming and work real hard to make us feel appreciated. Great place - have fun.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:59 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Bonjour Doug... Sounds like things are going well for you... I haven't been on my thread in a bit but with the 55 degree weather here yesterday and today, I'm getting excited about RV season and the upgrades that have been cluttering my work bench. Heading back to the northland for one more trip with the sleds tomorrow. I'm thinking we will have to cut it short due to more rain coming in this Thursday. Man, this is a tough year for snow. Got the HD sold this past week. Looking to get a Spyder F3T to replace it. It's a new model for this year and fits me just right. The wife's Spyder RT never fit me right and my HD played hell with an old hip injury after a couple hours of riding. Sometimes out of the blue at a light my hip would lock up and I was afraid I'd drop it. Not a good feeling.
I always thought a cluttered workbench was a good thing... Sucks you had to sell the Hawg, but I can understand. Riding should always be fun and relaxing. If it is not, it is time to move on. Within the next two weeks, my bike has to find a new address. (Actually, he already has, but I need to move him across town soon.)
I noticed you hadn't been on here in a few days and I couldn't stand to see it on the third page.

Howdy Shawn! I like the Bimers, but will hang onto my Harley for a while longer. We are even talking about buying Mamma a Dyna in the near future and lowering it a couple inches so she can ride beside me, instead of behind me.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Thanks buddy. It's funny you mention a BMW. I'm dying to get the wife an X5 to replace her Durango but she's afraid to take it to her hospital in the ghetto. Plus, what would the coworkers think.... (I know, not a 2 wheeled unit, but a BMW just the same...)

Old 02-21-2016, 06:06 PM
sbryan
Post Fiend
sbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputationsbryan has a superb reputation
Thanks buddy. It's funny you mention a BMW. I'm dying to get the wife an X5 to replace her Durango but she's afraid to take it to her hospital in the ghetto. Plus, what would the coworkers think.... (I know, not a 2 wheeled unit, but a BMW just the same...)
My daughter in Wellesley just bought the X5 diesel last fall and has been thrilled with it. I've driven it and I was very impressed - very solid and lots of safety features. Great in the snow. Very nice rigs if you can afford them. I'd love one for my wife when the Venza wears out.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I'm a gasser fan in the X5. I'm after the xdrive50i. 445 HP and 480 TQ. 0-60 in 4.6 and rides like you're on a cloud....

Old 02-21-2016, 06:24 PM
sbryan
Post Fiend
I'm a gasser fan in the X5. I'm after the xdrive50i. 445 HP and 480 TQ. 0-60 in 4.6 and rides like you're on a cloud....
You're just all about the go fast...you need the BMW S1000RR, 0-100 MPH in 5 seconds.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Karl4Cat
I like 4.6 better in comfort seats... but it's a bit pricey. Of course an X5M would be even more up my alley but $$$$$$$$......

Old 02-21-2016, 06:32 PM
sbryan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee View Post
Howdy Shawn! I like the Bimers, but will hang onto my Harley for a while longer. We are even talking about buying Mamma a Dyna in the near future and lowering it a couple inches so she can ride beside me, instead of behind me.
Hi Doug, whatever you ride, as long as you're on two wheels you're good with me. The HD guys up here put a lot of the squids to shame - I see them out riding in the rain, in snow storms, any chance they get to ride. Hard core. I respect that. We have a great HD dealer up here - won lots of awards for customer satisfaction and supports all kinds of charitable organizations. The owner is a good friend and we ride together once in a while - never any BS about who's riding what brand. He'll help anyone out if they need something.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:36 PM
sbryan
Post Fiend
I like 4.6 better in comfort seats... but it's a bit pricey. Of course an X5M would be even more up my alley but $$$$$$$$......
Yup, you can drop well over a 100 grand on that hot shot. The little diesel is actually a lot peppier than I expected, especially considering how heavy the X5 is.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:37 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by sbryan View Post
Hi Doug, whatever you ride, as long as you're on two wheels you're good with me. The HD guys up here put a lot of the squids to shame - I see them out riding in the rain, in snow storms, any chance they get to ride. Hard core. I respect that. We have a great HD dealer up here - won lots of awards for customer satisfaction and supports all kinds of charitable organizations. The owner is a good friend and we ride together once in a while - never any BS about who's riding what brand. He'll help anyone out if they need something.
I agree with you on that Shawn. I care less about what is riden, and more that you ride!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Karl4Cat
Picture from yesterday from a guy who's up there now. I guess there is still snow... Thank goodness....

Old 02-21-2016, 07:17 PM
sbryan
Post Fiend
Sure looks like it. Better get it while you can!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Karl4Cat
I know right? Friggen rain on Thurs.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:29 PM
bigredtruckmi
Post Fiend
bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.
According to national weather service, we are expecting 6 inches of wet snow Wednesday and Thursday.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:33 PM
Karl4Cat
Just rain back here Dave. I'm hoping it's snow to the north so we can do the full week. It's such a short season and this year is just torture...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: