Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 05-17-2019, 07:35 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I agree on all fronts Steve. We bought the RT before the F3 was released back in 2012. The wife is still very happy with it and the manual on mine keeps her from trying it. I'm sure that if it were an SE6, I'd already be facing the upgrade upcharge.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:28 PM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
Two of these too. One new and one slightly used. Snap ring and O-ring too, I think. If you don't know what these are, you probably don't need them. Need help with paying for shipping but the items are free.

Bruce

Spoken for.

Bruce

Old 05-18-2019, 07:10 PM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks Bud!

Bruce...

Old 05-18-2019, 07:28 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Looks good Bruce!! That was the one of the best cheap mods I did. Just looks so perfectly OEM.....

Old 05-18-2019, 11:11 PM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
With Raptor lights in the grill and OEM dually lights out the back, if my truck were JGG (Sailor Roy reference) in color, one would think the truck was a Christmas tree.

Bruce

Old 05-19-2019, 07:09 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
With Raptor lights in the grill and OEM dually lights out the back, if my truck were JGG (Sailor Roy reference) in color, one would think the truck was a Christmas tree.

Bruce
Christmas tree would be good.......

Old 05-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Karl4Cat

Bruce

Or Roy's Montana frame, springs, and axles...

Old 05-19-2019, 07:33 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Or Roy's Montana frame, springs, and axles...
Try to be colorful.........

Old 05-19-2019, 07:59 PM
Karl4Cat
Hey, any of you guys running an in vehicle cell booster? I've had Wilson Electronics (now WeBoost because apparently that corny name is more hip...) units at a previous home and in my last two RVs with mixed results. I'm not sure if current versions are better or not. I was considering something for both our cars because the new place is kind of in between zones. There is weak service at the house but as soon as you leave, you're in a very weak zone for about 10 minutes. The problem with that is... the time you first leave the house is precisely the time you usually forget something and call home. I was thinking of a 4G-X. If bought from Amazon, I could always utilize their return policy if it did not meet expectations but one thing is bugging me. The external antenna and it's wire coming across my roof and in through a door gasket. I'm just not seeing that as a very finished looking install that will last long term. Anyone have any experience with this or any other in vehicle booster?

Old 05-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Karl4Cat
On the house front, we have continued progress. Barn is half roofed. 1st floor of the house shell is framed out. Trench to utility pole dug and conduit set for power and broadband.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:45 PM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
Wow, that some great progress Rodney! I had a Wilson cell booster in my service truck, and honestly did not see much if any gain from it. Ultimately unplugged it and it was just along for the ride after a few months.

We got back from our first camping trip for the year today! No issues other than some dead remote batteries and some things we forgot from home. Rodney's site is much nicer than ours was though! We know what to expect from this place and it works for what we need it for. Michael slept very well in the garage queen, and stayed in bed. This was the first time he's slept out of a cage (crib) lol. Next trip to Keuka Lake and Hammondsport NY in a month. Can't wait!

Old 05-19-2019, 10:44 PM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Great progress Rodney!

We have considered one of the WeBoost cell boosters for our RV because we are occasionally in areas with limited service, and I need to be able to have internet for work purposes. I'm bummed to hear they don't have great benefits. Like you, though, I wouldn't like the look of the wire running across the roof and through the door. Blech!

On the camping front, we've had our Reflection out twice now, with great results. Last trip was a 5-day trip from here in central MO to Charlestown, IN for the NASP archery nationals in Louisville, KY. Fuel economy sucked, and the roads were horribly rough (especially Illinois), but other than that, it was a great trip!

I need to get some pics up of our mods so far. First was to fix the fireplace. I pulled the fireplace, and there is just a hole cut in the floor to get heat from the duct to the bathroom vent. Well, the hole was centered on the wall, so half the heat was coming up through the fireplace. I just plugged it by putting a block of wood over it. No pics on that one.

Next up was slide toppers. All 4 are on and ready to roll. They aren't as hard to put on as I feared, and it went pretty smoothly.

I also pulled the folding sofa out of the bunk and built my own bed frame in its place. The bed was uncomfortable and at a bad angle when unfolded, so I just replaced it, adding a bunch of storage in the meantime.

I added some storage goodies in the basement as well. I've got several other things planned, but that's all for now!

The bed in progress:

Finished (before the mattress):

Slide Toppers:

Our site in Charlestown:

A pano of one of the shooting ranges at NASP Nationals:

Old 05-20-2019, 05:40 AM
Karl4Cat
Glad to hear a successful season is under way Scott. Our has been going for almost 6 weeks now. Only one bad fantastic fan on the fix it list so far... knock on wood...

Tom, good progress there! I too was afraid of installing my slide toppers despite being told it was simple. I was going to tackle it but when I had to make my annual run to XLR, I figured let them do it. (I was going to say, "Let the experts do it"... BUT...)

Stopped up the project site last night and met with the flat work guy. He's going to do the barn slab later this week. Then I can get my roll up doors in and secure the barn. That will allow me to start bringing some equipment up there and taking the pressure off mom's taxed storage areas. The electricians will likely start with the barn too...

Old 05-20-2019, 08:05 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
Looks like mother nature is cooperating Rodney, Looking good! Thanks for sharing

Old 05-20-2019, 08:20 AM
Karl4Cat
She was up until this morning. Rain here but clearing this afternoon and then clear all week... Hopefully...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: