6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 04:46 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
Steve, they likely don't check too well and since there are no signs, most RVers probably go through blissfully ignorant. I just didn't want to be that one guy who gets turned around in a line of traffic...

Old 11-08-2015, 04:59 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 81 Likes on 16 Posts
Rodney, sorry she had a 'bouncy' ride....usually that is the purpose though It's not fun unless they are bouncing. I'm sure she is sore, but a 'secured' set of puppies get to bind at times from what I'm told. If your 'stabilization' technique is anything like mine, it would've lead to MORE bouncing! We have a saying around here "set the puppies free!" Glad you guys are there and set up and the trip wasn't that bad. There are two of us with long beds and 3 with short beds that go to Myrtle each year. The two of us with the LBs have an easier ride on I-20 through SC than the SBs do. A few pics when you have time please!

Old 11-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Hey Dave, Doug, Scott.... Taking it easy now that we are here. The getting here part was still expedited. All set up now. Great campground just outside Tampa. The wife got beat up pretty good by I95. The condition of that road is horrible until you get to NC. My little SB truck hauls the trailer 100% in any conditions but it leaves a lot to be desired in ride quality whilst doing it over rough roads. My wife's "pair" of surgery areas were not happy with bouncing... She's happy we will have a 450 when the 17's come out but wishes it was sooner for "their" sake.... Go ahead Doug, run with it...

Scott, as to the beltway mid day on a Saturday, it was just awful with bumper to bumper traffic, jambs, accidents, and maniacs. I'm going to skip it on the way back and take I81 north. By Google maps it's a touch over an hour longer but I lost way more than that with DC traffic. Plus you can't go through the harbor tunnels with more than 10lbs of propane so we had to divert out 695 over the Key bridge which is a rough road filled with debris. Ugh.

Well, we are here with our feet up and the first beer on the way down. It's raining now but will take pics when the sun shines...

Great to hear you made your destination. Florida rain rarely seems to hang around.

Hopefully on the ride home the wife will be healed up a bit more and it'll go a bit better for her. Given the "pair" of surgery areas, I can only guess what was done. Had a friend do a "pair" just recently, one do it a few years back and my bosses wife just had one done too..........................Seems like first few days were pretty tough on all of them. Things only got smaller.

81 is a really nice ride up through VA. Be ready to stretch the legs on the 6.7 once you get to the NC/VA line. I77 is a long steep grade from the state line up to Fancy Gap VA. Rest of the ride isn't too bad far as hills go.

We're still trying to decide to try 95 and 695 or just roll down 81. Given its the day after Christmas, all the government employees should be gone, tempted to try it. Weather plays a much bigger factor out on 81, and if it's questionable I'm sticking to 95. My airbags and wheelbase generally keep my ***** from bouncing too much

Old 11-08-2015, 05:31 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by golfmedik
A few pics when you have time please!

A few pics of WHAT Monty?!?! Lol... Agreed on the rest...LOLOL...

Old 11-08-2015, 05:32 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Things only got smaller.

That seems to be counterproductive to the surgery? LOL...

Agree on the seasonal timing of the route decision...

Old 11-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you made it okay Rodney!
I hear you on the bumpy roads... Thank God I have bags and shocks on the teailer axles or the chucking would have really been bad!!!
I'd hit these big-azz bumps and the truck-trailer would go BAM-BAM---BUB-BUB-BAM!!!!

Here's a post of the last day of our journey for y'all..

We've put on a bit over 2,000 miles in the last week.
We are here at our winter home in Gold Canyon AZ.

Here's a pic right at sundown...

Big-Foot did a great job. Our average fuel economy was as low as 7.2 with a slight headwind and as high as 8.7 with a slight tailwind.
Regen's were about every 350 miles or so and did not see to impact fuel economy at all... I was watching on my ScanGuage-II for the Temp on the fourth EGT sensor and it went as high as 1180.. Funny thing is that the GPL was never over .8 and a lot of guys think that the truck won't regen until it is over 3.5..
This truck is strong as an Ox and I am well pleased with his performance.
No problems with the Sailun tires - no thanks to the TST510 TPMS system that had all it could do to track the pressures on the truck's tires...
I will be searching for a better solution for the future.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:30 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 81 Likes on 16 Posts
Today is the day........

Call TST and tell them what has happened. They have always had great customer service and see what they can do for you. Glad your travels went well.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:33 AM
System
Prolocutor
Got my first vehicle spy shot on the way down yesterday. There were two of these doing 80 in FL right over the GA line... No idea what they were though....LOL.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:45 AM
tmilicia
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Got my first vehicle spy shot on the way down yesterday. There were two of these doing 80 in FL right over the GA line... No idea what they were though....LOL.
Looks a lot like one of the little Hyundai suv's. Enjoy the sunshine Rodney! I'm gonna need some beach pics to get me through this cold weather....

Old 11-09-2015, 09:45 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Howdy Rodney. Glad you guys made it with little drama and are set up to chill out now. As far as joking goes, I do appreciate the setup, but joking about wives and kids is a place where I won't go. I have no problem giving you crap though! Take care of the "girls" and offer them as much support as you can.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:00 PM
System
Prolocutor
This place is unreal. We are Lazy Days RV campground which is adjacent to Lazy Days dealership. The biggest in the country and also where they film that show, Big Time RV. We were able to take our cart through and ever rig is open so you can see everything from a popup to a million dollar tag axle Class A diesel pusher. OMG are some of these nice. Makes mine look bargain basement. The wife wants a to sell our truck at the Ford dealer next door and drive home a DP. I brought my checkbook but I don't think it will cut it. We'd have to sell the house...LOL and still need a loan. The people are so nice here too. They give you free lunch and breakfast. Oh, and while cruising the new rigs a tech in a cart pulled up to us. Wants to talk about mine. I tell him I love it but my parking brake isn't always holding. He takes me up to his rental fleet and fixes it for free. Adjusted my brakes too! What a fantastic place to stay, relax, and go through so many nice RV's without anyone chasing you trying to make a sale. Oh, and we saw a Montana similar to what Roy has on order. What a nice unit! Can't wait for tomorrow to check out some more. It's so different actually being able to walk though and see/compare trailers. Every one we ever bought, we custom ordered sight unseen since New England is so low on quality dealers...

Old 11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Are you the only 5ver there? That's a lot of pushers!

Old 11-09-2015, 12:39 PM
System
Prolocutor
There's a few others. The pics with my rig are the campground. The rest from the dealer lot. The dealer lot is nicer than most campgrounds I stay at back home! You notice that double slide on the Redwood?

Old 11-09-2015, 12:55 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,053 Likes on 2,212 Posts
Wow, there are some nice rigs in that area. I can't imagine the value of the inventory! Great spot to stop and check things out. I've never seen a double slide out. That's a first!

Old 11-09-2015, 01:28 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't tell if you're at an RV park, dealership or RV show! Lots of nice rigs sitting there. I like your setup too.

In my solar research I came across this setup. Those aren't plaid awnings on the windows. Has 1.6kw of solar installed!

Quick Reply: Today is the day........