Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 01-30-2019, 08:33 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Next time try turning the furnace on Dave... LOL Should warm right up!

Old 01-30-2019, 10:23 PM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Meh, I got it used from some guy on FTE. No big deal....
Yeah, I'd return to sender. Never know when they might need it. 😀

Old 01-30-2019, 10:29 PM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
Congrats on the house deal Rodney!

Old 01-31-2019, 06:15 AM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Thanks David. Today is meet with the kitchen designer day. This ought to break the budget a bit...

Old 01-31-2019, 07:00 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Approximately 10% of our total budget was spent in the kitchen. It's worth it though, especially if you like to eat as much as I do!

Old 01-31-2019, 07:18 AM
Karl4Cat
The only thing bigger than my desire to eat good chow is Maryann's desire to cook and bake! So, it's worth it for sure Tom.

Just got off the phone with my potential future HVAC and plumbing installer. We had to go back to radiant floor due to our house design and in combination with the Froling S3 boiler, I think we are going to be very happy. There are decent MA rebates for biomass heating, thermal storage, and radiant heat. So, while it will still be more expensive than forced air, there will be a big bite taken out of the cost up front.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:45 AM
gsxr1300
Posting Guru
gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Rodney no A/C? What about the design made you have to switch?

Old 01-31-2019, 07:51 AM
Karl4Cat
Oh, there def will be AC. Just had to be stand alone when doing radiant. It's really better that way as I can put the the cooling vents in the ceilings. Cool air will sink and hot air will rise. Very purist system...

Old 01-31-2019, 07:59 AM
gsxr1300
Posting Guru
gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Nice
but why did they say it had to be radiant?

Old 01-31-2019, 08:39 AM
golfmedik
Post Fiend
golfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
Have fun counting down the days to that first trip! Speaking of the double pane windows. I had considered those for my Cardinal. But where we are in Michigan, and the time of year we camp, we neither get the blistering hot, or winter cold camping weather for more than a couple days at a time. But I did consider for the noise dampening. In my research, and of course tempered by the fact most folks come to forums to complain, it seemed like the durability of double pane windows were called into question. Most complaints were about losing the seal between panes, and then fogging up, Presumably due to all the jostling when towing on our beautifully rough roads up here. Anyway, that's why I opted to forgo them. It probably the only option left that I don't have on my rig.
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
I hadn't thought of that. I can't keep the double paned windows in my house from losing the seal.
The dual pane windows were the only option I didn't order on our Montana. I know Roy got them on his, but at the time of order there were three Montanas at my dealer with several windows fogged up. Keystone was denying the warranty on two of them due to them being about 14-16 months old, and also denying the warranty on an 8 month old trailer. Instead of dealing with them, they put the dealer in contact with Kimro to see what they would do. One of the ones out of warranty had all of their windows replaced before our unit got here at a cost of nearly $6500 for the dual pane, so they went with the standard windows at a cost of just over $3k. That was enough for me to forego them. However, it is a gamble. As you guys stated above, there are lots of them fogging up especially here in the south for some reason. Lots of discussions on RV forums too. I would have loved the dual pane as we camp year round, but felt it wasn't worth the gamble. Hell, I had enough problems with the frame and AC units.

Howdy Rodney!!!! April will be here before you know it. Congrats on the contract!!

Old 01-31-2019, 09:10 AM
Karl4Cat
Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
Nice
but why did they say it had to be radiant?
It doesn't have to be but it would be extremely inefficient to have one forced air unit pushing from one end of the house where the chimney is to the opposite end of the over garage bonus room. So, I'd have to run a mini split in the bonus room which precludes me heating the whole house with wood. Radiant allows me to have one central plant for the house, bonus room, and we can also do a zone in the garage floor too.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:12 AM
Karl4Cat
Morning Monty!

Old 01-31-2019, 09:13 AM
bigredtruckmi
Post Fiend
bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.
Burrr it’s cold -13 plus wind chill schools and universities closed as are a lot of business
plus our home heating isn’t working properly. 56 deg in bedrooms isn’t nice

Old 01-31-2019, 09:15 AM
Karl4Cat
It was a balmy -6 here this am...

Old 01-31-2019, 09:31 AM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Good morning Rodney! Congrats on the house deal. 28 degrees in North Central Washington this morning, everything is still open! LOL

We have radiant heat in our house and shop and love it. But we don't have AC and for about two weeks out of the year and if there are forest fire near by filling the area with smoke I hate not having AC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: