Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 01-27-2019, 04:19 PM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Chad149 View Post
Here's a few pics Doug. I haven't posted anything yet since this is a spare time project, and spare time isn't a problem i have, but it's coming along. Should start painting next month.

Looking good Chad! You look to be a good tape/mud guy. I got a whole house I'm doing if your bored... LOL

Old 01-27-2019, 04:40 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by dlibson View Post
Looking good Chad! You look to be a good tape/mud guy. I got a whole house I'm doing if your bored... LOL
Haha.... if your good with it taking 5 years.....

Old 01-27-2019, 04:45 PM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
Compared to doing it myself, maybe! LOL

I hate nothing more than tape and mud work.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:03 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ExxWhy View Post
I bought something from your friends at MorRyde last week. Drawer for the pass through compartment on my trailer. Design and construction is fantastic. Installation is simple as it comes completely assembled. This one is 20X90 and slides out 60% in either direction. They come in various sizes. It's going to be revolutionary for my storage uses while camping. Bonus is I emptied the compartment out and got rid of every piece of useless crap I never used in the 3 years I have owned this trailer. I feel so much more organized already! The bin system I had was terrible.

The old "system".

Eric, ole great buddy...... Just wondering when mine is expected to arrive ??

Old 01-27-2019, 08:46 PM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
I'll be having an accessory fire sale once the XLR sells Tom...
What you got? I'm looking for accessories now. I've got $250 to spend on Amazon (gift from my company for 20 years of service), so planning to spend that on camping accessories. You selling the Ford camera/TPMS system? I'm considering one of those too.

Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi View Post
new truck??
Ha! I'd have to buy it, so no. I've only got 15k on my '17, so it's sticking around a while.

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee View Post
Tom, maybe for Valentine's Day she will let you enjoy her new RV with her! Looking forward to your initial and longer term impressions of the new rig. The RV show is coming up here in early Feb (and Monster Jam is right next door later in the same day, so we will make a day of it). I want to see what is out there since last year's show when we found something we really liked, but couldn't afford to do anything about at the time. GD was a top contender for us.
Sounds good to me! I will keep you updated. We were extremely impressed with the GD, and hopefully we still are 5-7 years from now.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:21 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by dlibson View Post
Compared to doing it myself, maybe! LOL

I hate nothing more than tape and mud work.
It's not something I look forward to, but what it costs to have it done makes it much more enjoyable....

Old 01-28-2019, 05:08 AM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
What you got? I'm looking for accessories now. I've got $250 to spend on Amazon (gift from my company for 20 years of service), so planning to spend that on camping accessories. You selling the Ford camera/TPMS system? I'm considering one of those too.
Likely a lot of stuff that's too bulky to ship Tom. Will do an inventory when the RV is sold but if we end up living in it while building, that might be a while... Undecided on the camera/TPMS. If the truck gets sold for a 150 then sure. If not, perhaps I'll move the camera over to the enclosed trailer. The TPMS sensors will stay in the RV though. It's not worth it to break down the tires to get them out. It would be much easier to buy new ones to go with...

Old 01-28-2019, 08:40 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Likely a lot of stuff that's too bulky to ship Tom. Will do an inventory when the RV is sold but if we end up living in it while building, that might be a while... Undecided on the camera/TPMS. If the truck gets sold for a 150 then sure. If not, perhaps I'll move the camera over to the enclosed trailer. The TPMS sensors will stay in the RV though. It's not worth it to break down the tires to get them out. It would be much easier to buy new ones to go with...
Exactly as expected...all answers.

I'm still torn on keeping the camera system and TPMS sensors I bought from you vs. upgrading to the Ford system. Would be nice to lose two screens in the truck, but I do like the ability to look behind me while driving down the road should the need arise, especially if we decide to tote a couple bikes back there.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:43 AM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Tom, there is an override for the Ford system now so you can use it in motion. I think it's a NavTV product.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:45 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
Tom, there is an override for the Ford system now so you can use it in motion. I think it's a NavTV product.
Yeah, I saw that in the '17 section (or somewhere). Not a fan of those types of things, but may check it out.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:14 PM
dlibson
Post Fiend
Rodney, you can't sell the camera/tpms system. That has to be your most prized possession!

Old 01-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Karl4Cat
Meh, I got it used from some guy on FTE. No big deal....

Old 01-28-2019, 10:35 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
When I was at the RV show I was in a fifth wheel trailer and remarked that it didn't have double paned windows. It was my understanding that to get the best insulation in a window it needed to be double paned.

What say the RV experts here? If you have the 4 Season package should you get double paned windows?

Old 01-29-2019, 04:30 AM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
When I was at the RV show I was in a fifth wheel trailer and remarked that it didn't have double paned windows. It was my understanding that to get the best insulation in a window it needed to be double paned.

What say the RV experts here? If you have the 4 Season package should you get double paned windows?
I've seen some have the double panes standard with the "4 season" package and some not. I can't see how they could call it a 4 season package without though. The single pane windows in ours are drafty as hell. Our next one WILL have double pane windows

Morning guys! Wife and kiddo taking a sick day so I'm going to head out early.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:00 AM
Karl4Cat
Double pane windows are important for when it's cold but also a benefit when hot as they help hold in the cooling as well. Another benefit is they are more soundproof than single pane windows and help in noisy campgrounds. I wouldn't go without them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: