Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 11-26-2018, 07:45 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
That is beautiful Dave. Looks like you have room for a carport type thing next to the barn for the RV. How's fishing?

Old 11-26-2018, 07:49 PM
bigredtruckmi
Post Fiend
bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.
Was thinking of a hoop building. The pond wasn’t taken care of as it is full of algie and frogs. Have to stock some fish to help clean it up. Ph is way off.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi View Post
Was thinking of a hoop building. The pond wasn’t taken care of as it is full of algie and frogs. Have to stock some fish to help clean it up. Ph is way off.
Gotta have something to do....to keep ya outa trouble......

Looks very nice !!

Old 11-27-2018, 11:07 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Well Scott, after my scathing diatribe about not liking zero turn mowers, a tickle started in the back of my brain. (Thanks to you...) I thought to myself, hey, there are lots of things that I once really didn't like and now really do... and vice versa! So, I had a realistic conversation with the wife who admitted that the garden she's been talking about will probably never happen. With that gone my objections are cut down to personal preference based on very limited experience. So, I've begun research and am passing on the leftover Simplicity Prestige tractor. In my time online so far, I've ventured away from Ferris a few times but keep landing back firmly on their commercial line with full independent suspension. If I go this route, I'll likely go full pig as usual and get the 3200Z with the 37HP Big Block EFI Briggs and 15 bushel bagger. The good news is, I have plenty of time to vacillate before I need it. I'll run the current JD until we sell this place and start fresh at the new land. Should we start a poll on how many times I change my mind between now and then? How about a spread on how many time you and Tyler try to talk me into something different that I've already researched and dismissed? We can get the over and under going on all kinds of analysis paralysis! LMAO...

Old 11-27-2018, 11:16 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Well Scott, after my scathing diatribe about not liking zero turn mowers, a tickle started in the back of my brain. (Thanks to you...) I thought to myself, hey, there are lots of things that I once really didn't like and now really do... and vice versa! So, I had a realistic conversation with the wife who admitted that the garden she's been talking about will probably never happen. With that gone my objections are cut down to personal preference based on very limited experience. So, I've begun research and am passing on the leftover Simplicity Prestige tractor. In my time online so far, I've ventured away from Ferris a few times but keep landing back firmly on their commercial line with full independent suspension. If I go this route, I'll likely go full pig as usual and get the 3200Z with the 37HP Big Block EFI Briggs and 15 bushel bagger. The good news is, I have plenty of time to vacillate before I need it. I'll run the current JD until we sell this place and start fresh at the new land. Should we start a poll on how many times I change my mind between now and then? How about a spread on how many time you and Tyler try to talk me into something different that I've already researched and dismissed? We can get the over and under going on all kinds of analysis paralysis! LMAO...
Rodney...........

I must say, "you have a good mirror"

My vote, you will end up with the zero-turn built like a brick ****-house.......

Old 11-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
My vote is in line with yours currently Roy...

Old 11-27-2018, 11:57 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Rodney, you change your mind more often than the weather changes here in Missouri! LOL

Old 11-27-2018, 12:14 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Rodney, you change your mind more often than the weather changes here in Missouri! LOL
......and your point is.....

That shows that Rodney is open minded and flexible.....

Old 11-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
My vote is for a Kubota ZD1211 72"

Old 11-27-2018, 12:40 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Tom, Confucius say, "Many mind changes before the decision prevent one costly one after..."

Tim, I do like diesel and I do like big cut but on a finish lawn, even the 60" can scalp pretty easy on uneven ground. I fear the 70 for things other than a field. Perhaps unfounded. Just what I've been reading in the lawn forums. Most guys stick to 48-54. I think 60 is the most I'd be comfortable with. Especially adding the collection blower and adding 12" that way.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:44 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
is it possible that Rodney is actually female? I haven't met him yet so I'll have to leave it up to you folks to confirm that he isn't.

Sure, we could set up a poll, even a betting pool. The problem with that is that you take ownership of <to be named in the future mower> and then 5 days later take it back. By then we've already sent the winner the pool money. I guess we need to factor in "Rodney keeps the <to be named in the future mower> for X number of <days? hours? minutes?>" before settling the pool. This could get complicated.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:45 PM
gsxr1300
Posting Guru
gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.gsxr1300 has a very good reputation on FTE.
How much grass will you be cutting? I have been looking at zero-turn mowers also for our new property. Have you looked at the Bad Boy Maverich?

Old 11-27-2018, 12:56 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Rodney, you need to find a better dozer operator, if you end up with uneven lawn on your new place. LOL

Old 11-27-2018, 01:54 PM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Tom, Confucius say, "Many mind changes before the decision prevent one costly one after..."
Confucius was a wise, wise man. My favorite of his quotes: "Man who go to sleep with itchy butt, wake with smelly finger."

Old 11-27-2018, 02:34 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Jim, duration of ownership is long term on equipment and tools. All my 2 stroke stuff I just replaced was 20+ years old. My JD tractor is a 2006 with an average life expectancy of 2-300 hours. I'm at 350. Now, on vehicles and RV's, that's a different story. Toys come and go but equipment is like the wife. It stays until it stops functioning correctly or is nearing end of life... Wait, what? LOL...

I did look at the favorable reviews of the Bad Boy. Haven't dug too much into it yet though. The lawn will start flat for sure. Things always settle though. My current lawn was like a pool table 5 years ago. Now I can scalp a few places with my 48" if I'm not careful...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: