Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 11-24-2018, 12:42 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I agree on the rust guys. The 19's are $300 more MSRP so it's really $1300 off MSRP. Most dealers don't give much more than $500 off so, an $800 diff. I'll tell him I'm out based on the rust and mention that it would have to be a lot cheaper to go with his machine. Will see what he says.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:25 PM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
Seems like more hassle than it's worth. But I have to ask, since you are only using it to cut grass, why not go with a ZTR and be able to bang it out faster than the tractor? Dollar for dollar you can get into a nice ZTR.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I'm just not a fan of them. Don't like lap bars. Don't like riding on them. On the speed thing, the new tractor can do over 8MPH. Any more than that and I'm not keeping my lines straight. I've also never had a hard time with getting it done quickly. My new lawn, which will be about the same size as my current 1.25 acre lawn, only takes me a touch over an hour with my old, slower JD and 48" deck. (And that's with dumping the bags 3-4 times.) How much quicker do I need to do it? I also don't like all the weight on the rear which is how a ZTR is setup. If you have a really nice lawn and go as fast as they are meant to go, it's very easy to tear up your turf when turning quickly at the end of a row. A ZTR is also a one trick pony. If we decide to do a garden, there's no running a tiller with it. IDK, I guess it's just personal preference but the ZTR just isn't for me.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:26 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Howdy Gang!

Rodney, thanks for the pics of the land. Looks great!

Tyler, congrats on the new ride. I hadnít been on FTE in a few weeks, but had gotten an update on a thread Iím following on the Cummins forum and saw you mention the new truck there. Wasnít sure if it was the same ďTrovermanĒ or not until just now.

Have a great evening all.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:50 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to beholdfordmantpw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
Just back it through the back of the shed...... Then it'll fit fine.
Ha! We made a joke that we should tell my insurance agent it's cheaper for him to just pay us to extend the shed a couple feet than to pay for damage!

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Tom, congrats on the order. Are you trading the old one or holding to it to sell outright? On the garage... man, that's a tight fit. I would strongly consider spending a few bucks and getting your garage adjusted. I know it's money you don't want to spend but I played the measuring game with our TH garage and toys for years. It causes immense stress getting something in when it JUST fits with a lot of swearing and adjusting along with a few ALMOST oh chit moments. I can't even imagine that feeling multiplied to the level that your RV would take it with less than 2" front and back plus centering a ladder between the studs. One mistake and you're going to cost more in damage than the garage expansion would cost.
Thanks Rodney, but the order isn't official yet! We are going to sell the old one outright as I feel I can come out at least $5k on the good side if not more. We were offered $10k and I'm thinking we should easily get $16k for it. Gonna list at $19 and be willing to deal and still come out plenty ahead.

Yeah, I'm still kicking around the idea of just punching out the back of the shed and adding 2' to it on the camper bay. We can probably do it for less than $1k, reusing most of the tin and studs, and it wouldn't be visible at all with the way the shed sits. I'm just not sure I want the negatives that come with it, adding potential areas for leaks, etc. We will decide for sure once they bring it out and see how close it is.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:59 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Howdy from the perfume factory, fellow deplorables! Have a great evening all.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:08 PM
bigredtruckmi
Post Fiend
bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.
Well all moved in (sort of). Love the area. Lots of things to do in the area. Last of new furniture will arrive next week, we hope. Getting used to electric heating with heat pump. Way different from propane. Been really busy fixing things cleaning etc. no time to set up pole building and with it getting very cold this week it might wait awhile.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:25 PM
Karl4Cat
Congrats on the move Dave!

10% off eBay right now shoppers....

https://www.ebay.com/rpp/72451?_trkp...09663125861444

Old 11-26-2018, 06:27 PM
golfmedik
Post Fiend
golfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputation
Evening guys! Just catching up on Rodney's list of things I would love to have . Howdy Rodney! Hope the land clearing gets done before the big snows set in. Have a great day buddy!

Old 11-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Karl4Cat
Warm and raining currently buddy. It's almost completely gone at home now so hopefully when my guy gets up there later in the week, he will be good to go at the land...

Old 11-26-2018, 06:48 PM
bigredtruckmi
Post Fiend
bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.bigredtruckmi has a spectacular reputation.

Here is the place

Old 11-26-2018, 07:05 PM
Karl4Cat
Wow, I see nothing wrong there at all Dave! Enjoy....

Old 11-26-2018, 07:13 PM
bigredtruckmi
Post Fiend
Only problem is red barn has 10 ft rafters so canít get fifth wheel inside. Oh yes we are next to a large golf course. Now to learn how to play.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Karl4Cat
And avoid getting hit when mowing the lawn!

Old 11-26-2018, 07:28 PM
bigredtruckmi
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
And avoid getting hit when mowing the lawn!
plus side... donít have to buy golf *****

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: