Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 09-20-2018, 06:35 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
That would be my second free option Chris. Being a painter by trade, I tend to have a few leftovers lying around though.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:38 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
Lol i fogured so,
i just had to throw a little redneck in this am

Old 09-20-2018, 09:38 AM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Ferguson65 View Post
Here comes Scott with his .04 whether you want it or not!

Why must the boards be removable Rodney? Sure that mesh kit is removable but certainly not tool free. And sure not cheap. Bri Mar does kind of screw you on the stake pockets. You either widen the bed or narrow it as the pockets are in the top rails. If you are considering buying, I'd recommend the side board gusset kit I have. It's $225 which is expensive for what it is. A 2x12 on top of the existing sides is perfect IMO. Good bit of extra depth, but still easy to throw stuff over the sides. I have never had a reason to want to remove mine. You could use hitch pins to secure the boards to the gussets and pull 3 pins and clips to remove boards if you really felt a need.

Just my .04. .02 you wanted and .02 you didn't. Lol.
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
The sides must absolutely be removable for loading firewood. You can't load neatly and stack from the rear and with the side extensions in place, it would be impossible from the front and sides. If I wanted a 4' side dump, I would have bought one. I bought a short side model so I could have removable sides. That said, the side extensions must also be taller than your 2x12's for trash dump duty. So, your system just wouldn't work for me on a few levels...
Is this the exchange in question?

bruce...

Old 09-20-2018, 09:38 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
you guys have any fancy methods or tools for bleeding brakes solo?
Just changed the brake hoses on my 89, and i didnt quite get all the air out with my hand powered vacuum pump.
I figured there is probably something better out there, been using vacuum pump method for years now but always wind up having to recruit someone's assistance. Tired of fighting it.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:58 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
WAY too much time on your hands Bruce. Go chase the wife around! LOL

Old 09-20-2018, 10:03 AM
Dim Sum
Posting Guru
Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.Dim Sum has a spectacular reputation.
I swear by mine vs swearing at the vacumm methods:

https://www.motiveproducts.com/

Old 09-20-2018, 10:40 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Dim Sum View Post
I swear by mine vs swearing at the vacumm methods:

https://www.motiveproducts.com/
That's what I have. It works well most of the time. It didn't bleed the Jeeps brakes worth a darn. The Fiat it worked like a charm.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:53 AM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
Does this basically clamp onto the master cylinder, and pressurize on the top end ? Sounds like pretty fool proof method. Does the reservoir hold brake fluid as well so you dont have to keep removing the cap to add fluid?

Old 09-20-2018, 11:51 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post
Does this basically clamp onto the master cylinder, and pressurize on the top end ? Sounds like pretty fool proof method. Does the reservoir hold brake fluid as well so you dont have to keep removing the cap to add fluid?
yes. Mine, you fill the master cylinder, fill the vacuum, and screw on a cap with a line to the vacuum reservoir. It constantly feeds the master cylinder fluid from the reservoir as you put build up pressure in the vacuum. This video is a gem. The car is a pile, but the technique is spot on. I just use 20psi is all. Seems to work a little better.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76 View Post
you guys have any fancy methods or tools for bleeding brakes solo?
Just changed the brake hoses on my 89, and i didnt quite get all the air out with my hand powered vacuum pump.
I figured there is probably something better out there, been using vacuum pump method for years now but always wind up having to recruit someone's assistance. Tired of fighting it.
I've never had a lot of success vacuum bleeding air out of the brake system. Works best for freashing up the fluid. Either get a pressure bleeder, or get the wife to pump the brake pedal and bleed the old fashion way.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:57 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
I use the SpeediBleeder. It works great. The ONLY downside is that it hooks up to the tire's valve stem to pressurize the tank. I think the last time I used it I used a bicycle tire instead of the vehicle's tire. That's a good work around if you don't have a compressor at home.

Be sure you clean the tank and hose each time it's used. A generous squirt of brake parts cleaner in the tank, swish it around, pressurize it and let it come out the hose. Takes just a couple minutes.

EDIT: The SpeediBleeder even worked on my ATV's brakes.

Last edited by HRTKD; 09-20-2018 at 02:59 PM. Reason: More info...
Old 09-20-2018, 03:08 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
That is a NICE bleeder Jim!

Old 09-20-2018, 03:36 PM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
yes. Mine, you fill the master cylinder, fill the vacuum, and screw on a cap with a line to the vacuum reservoir. It constantly feeds the master cylinder fluid from the reservoir as you put build up pressure in the vacuum. This video is a gem. The car is a pile, but the technique is spot on. I just use 20psi is all. Seems to work a little better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miv3jjN95ok
thank you! now i just got to bring myself to spend the $, got it in the amazon cart

Originally Posted by Chad149 View Post
I've never had a lot of success vacuum bleeding air out of the brake system. Works best for freashing up the fluid. Either get a pressure bleeder, or get the wife to pump the brake pedal and bleed the old fashion way.
Me either, it usually gets me close and gets the fluid good and flushed. Then i recruit a friend or wife to pump pump hold to get the last of the air out. Problem is now with a 1 year old and 4 yr old the wife usually isnt available lol.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:14 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
WAY too much time on your hands Bruce. Go chase the wife around! LOL

BINGO.......

Sorry Rodney....... The devil made me do it..........

Old 09-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Posting Guru
Paw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to beholdPaw's 150 Lariat is a splendid one to behold
That would be my second free option Chris. Being a painter by trade, I tend to have a few leftovers lying around though.
Protective coating technician in military terms!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: