6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 12:43 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Seems like a good unit Bruce. Tony swears by the electric models for cleaning his RZR after each ride. Says they do a good job of cleaning without being overly strong and removing decals by accident.
That's one of the advantages of electric. You can wash the house without having to repaint after. I use it on the truck and other things too. The wife will use this one too without being intimidated. When I owned an RV, we used a special brush attachment and the electric washer and a little LA Awesome on it all the time.

I noticed on one of your pictures that you were wearing a SW tee shirt. This summer I was painting some exterior trim and used four gallons of their Duration paint. I love using their exterior paint. Two coats and the final product is so smooth and weather ready. They have a special name for it but their finish is almost like a plastic cover. I've been a fan of Duration paint for the last 20 years, I think.

bruce...

Old 09-10-2018, 12:46 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Motorcraft oil filters are $13.91 on Amazon right now if anyone needs to stock up. They hit over $17 this summer but have dropped in the last week....
I guess I bought my filters a few days too early.

Congrats on fhe new washer Bruce. I have a Generac gas unit that I really like, but at 3,200 psi, I have to be careful what I spray with it, but it’s great on brick walls, and Wood privacy fences.

Rodney, I’ll finally put a load on my new Weigh Safe next week when I drag my RV to get it inspected for registration renewal. The most I had on my last one was 2,000lb when I overloaded that rental dump trailer several months ago.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:33 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
I noticed on one of your pictures that you were wearing a SW tee shirt. This summer I was painting some exterior trim and used four gallons of their Duration paint. I love using their exterior paint. Two coats and the final product is so smooth and weather ready. They have a special name for it but their finish is almost like a plastic cover. I've been a fan of Duration paint for the last 20 years, I think.

bruce...
I'm a fourth generation painter/wallpaper hanger in my family Bruce. Although, even though I have drawers full of SW t-shirts, it's only because they are the only local shop that gives them away for free to their pro customers. I actually use Benjamin Moore paint almost exclusively. All the top brands are almost equally good though. Ben Moore, SW, California, Pittsburg, etc. My local hometown shop carries Ben Moore so that's what I use though.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:15 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I'm a fourth generation painter/wallpaper hanger in my family Bruce. Although, even though I have drawers full of SW t-shirts, it's only because they are the only local shop that gives them away for free to their pro customers. I actually use Benjamin Moore paint almost exclusively. All the top brands are almost equally good though. Ben Moore, SW, California, Pittsburg, etc. My local hometown shop carries Ben Moore so that's what I use though.
I had to google Benjamin Moore paint for a local supplier . Our local, overpriced, Ace Hardware stores came up as a seller. Funny how local paint is. I also had to see if this was one of the many brands that SW manufacturers.

Bruce...

Old 09-10-2018, 06:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
Ace is one major retailer who carries it at full MSRP. Ours does too but I wouldn't buy it from them. Independents sell it for a good deal less. It's still an expensive brand but it's a few degrees better than S&W. You mention Duration by S&W which is one line I will not use. The mil thickness is supposed to be an advantage but it actually impedes ease of spreading which increases the difficulty factor of application. I haven't found it to last any longer than any other top brand's exterior offering which tend to be a lot easier to work with. Ben Moore's top dog is Aura and it's the best I've used. Hands down the worst major brand on the market is Behr from Home Depot. Those I know in the business have never been able to comprehend the high Consumer Reports ratings as it's the worst brand out there for coverage, durability, anti-spatter application etc. The list of why it is sub par goes on and on...

Old 09-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,948 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Ace is one major retailer who carries it at full MSRP. Ours does too but I wouldn't buy it from them. Independents sell it for a good deal less. It's still an expensive brand but it's a few degrees better than S&W. You mention Duration by S&W which is one line I will not use. The mil thickness is supposed to be an advantage but it actually impedes ease of spreading which increases the difficulty factor of application. I haven't found it to last any longer than any other top brand's exterior offering which tend to be a lot easier to work with. Ben Moore's top dog is Aura and it's the best I've used. Hands down the worst major brand on the market is Behr from Home Depot. Those I know in the business have never been able to comprehend the high Consumer Reports ratings as it's the worst brand out there for coverage, durability, anti-spatter application etc. The list of why it is sub par goes on and on...

Don't say that...... That is what I am putting on the house...... Behr Ultra - Satin. I purchased 20 gals with a great rebate memorial day sale. I have applied about 3+ gallons so far. Brush and roller. I have nothing to compare to....seems to apply fine and covers well with just one coat.....although, I am putting on two coats.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:47 AM
System
Prolocutor
Don't worry Roy. Millions of do it yourselfers buy it all the time and do fine with it.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:25 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,433 Likes on 936 Posts
I still prefer the 3+ Gpm of the larger gas powered pressure washers, turn the pressure down on the regulator for smaller more delicate duties. I guess my previous experience with an electric washer my parents bought 15 yrs ago or so was very poor and that stuck with me.
Of course i ran a pressure washing business for almost 10 years on the side with a mobile 8 gpm 3500 psi hot water setup i came to prefer the flow because it saved me so much time.

I can hear tim taylor in the background, OW OW OW

Old 09-11-2018, 06:35 AM
System
Prolocutor
Chris, it's GPM that is more important than pressure rating right? I tried to split the difference when I ordered my PressurePro this past spring. Same unit I had in the past for my painting business.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:15 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
yes sir, 3000 psi is all you will really every need, GPM is what does the work.
The most your going to get out of a box store standalone unit will be 3-3500 psi and 4 gpm. That will wash your house or driveway, and barely run a small surface cleaner and generally do anything you need. Over 4 gpm you get into commercial belt driven pumps with larger engines.

I sold all of my equipment and now just have a generic unit with 4 gpm 3500 psi direct drive general pump and 13 hp honda single cylinder. I miss the hot water setup for vehicle cleaning, and hose reels, but it didnt make sense to keep around for around the house duties with the amount of space it took up on the trailer with tank etc.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:29 AM
System
Prolocutor
Mine is a Pressure Pro Eagle Series direct drive 3 GPM 2700 PSI, Honda GX motor, and a CAT pump on an aluminum frame. I've never wanted for more in my limited use.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:31 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
thats perfect

Old 09-11-2018, 07:48 AM
System
Prolocutor
Chris approved! Perfect...

Old 09-11-2018, 08:18 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!

thats what we all need right?

Old 09-11-2018, 08:23 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Rodney, do you pressure wash a house before painting? Or just do manual scraping.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........