Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 09-04-2018, 10:14 AM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Hope the update screen clears itself soon Rodney. I was surprised to find that mine had automatically updated to 3.? a couple of days after I brought it home. While playing around with settings the day after I brought it home, I added my home WIFI connection and thought nothing more about it. After reading on the forum a few nights ago that version 3.? was available, I also updated the owner's site with my new truck info, and found out that my unit had updated itself already. That's a lot better than the days of USB sticks.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Doug, the recent update to Sync 3 is a build update. So you're probably updated from Sync 3 Vyyy to Sync 3 Vxxx. (Can't remember the build number updates...) Mine just did the same a few days ago.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:23 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Why the heck is a modern, LED-backlit LCD display experiencing burn in? It seems that shouldn't be happening. I guess if it all goes away then that's good.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Karl4Cat
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
My thoughts exactly Tyler. It is indeed getting lighter though. Maryann said by the time she got out at work, she couldn't see the update wording at all anymore so I guess it is what it is. I bet when she get's home tonight it will be gone to my fussy eyes too. I'll ask the tech who calls me back tomorrow his theory about it for sure though as well as if it's common...

Old 09-04-2018, 10:38 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
I've never had that on my Fiat Rodney...your eyes aren't being fussy either. No way I'd put up with that crap.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Karl4Cat
Well, I'm not going to put up with less than perfect either. But if it's already gone according to Maryann now that she's at work, I'm guessing I will see the same when she gets home. I guess we'll have a verdict in about 7.5 hours.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:33 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
The last time I checked, owner.ford.com said my truck was on 3.0 but when I looked at the Sync screen it still said 2.3. Whatever, as long as it isn't broken.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:54 PM
ZooDad
Elder User
ZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud ofZooDad has much to be proud of
Good Morning

Just wanted to jump on and say good morning to everyone. Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend.
While camping in the Sierra's this weekend, we had some visitors.

They were about 20 yards from our trailer. We were moving all around and hey did not seem too concerned.

Keith

Old 09-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Karl4Cat
Great shot Keith! I just picked up a 4k Browning game cam with the 20% off eBay coupon for Labor day. I'm hoping to get some good shots from up at the new land once it's set up. My 10 year old Bushnell has been letting me down lately.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Karl4Cat
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
The last time I checked, owner.ford.com said my truck was on 3.0 but when I looked at the Sync screen it still said 2.3. Whatever, as long as it isn't broken.

I would say that the version shown on your truck screen would be more accurate than the Ford owner site Jim.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:06 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
I would say that the version shown on your truck screen would be more accurate than the Ford owner site Jim.

Looks like Iím good!

Old 09-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Karl4Cat
You have a ways to go Doug. Latest build is 18093....

Old 09-04-2018, 06:28 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
At least itís a version 3.0, instead of 2.??

Old 09-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Karl4Cat
Yup, and that's the important part....

Old 09-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Karl4Cat
Well, the warden is home with the Jeep. Image retention is 100% gone and the update is working perfectly. I guess the Jeep forum guys saying it was normal were right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: