Today is the day........ - Page 1051 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 08-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I managed to save $20 on today's deal. I got some completely unneeded electrical adapters for the RV and a belt tensioner for my Spyder. Almost pulled the trigger on the Fox front stabilizer but passed. Next coupon will likely be 20% and I'll grab it then.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:20 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Going to be paved Tom....
Nice! Just a little jealous there.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Nice! Just a little jealous there.

You won't be jealous of the bill Tom! It's going to be rather painful. The company that did my current driveway is one of the few in the area that can do something of this length. Lots of trucks are needed to have enough product to keep a hot seam. Living where I do, I'd have a complete mess trying to keep a gravel driveway plowed though. Plus, they always have dirt creep in over time and I'm a car guy and my OCD would be triggered by muddy wheel wells half the year. So, I'll bite the bullet and get it done... then try to forget...

Old 08-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
You won't be jealous of the bill Tom! It's going to be rather painful. The company that did my current driveway is one of the few in the area that can do something of this length. Lots of trucks are needed to have enough product to keep a hot seam. Living where I do, I'd have a complete mess trying to keep a gravel driveway plowed though. Plus, they always have dirt creep in over time and I'm a car guy and my OCD would be triggered by muddy wheel wells half the year. So, I'll bite the bullet and get it done... then try to forget...
Rodney.... I have a plan...
Send me the money plus a little for handling ($1,000). When the bill comes in, I'll pay it. That way you won't have a big bill to pay and you will feel better.......

Old 08-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford View Post
Nice save there Rodney !

Hey Tim, you shopping 8' 6" four place sled trailers or the staggered 7' style? The place I've bought my last few only builds to order to sell direct as they have no dealer network. So, it's either have it delivered or come east to get it... neither of which would likely appeal to you.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
Rodney.... I have a plan...
Send me the money plus a little for handling ($1,000). When the bill comes in, I'll pay it. That way you won't have a big bill to pay and you will feel better.......

Are you a Nigerian prince Roy? I know you can't judge a book by it's cover but man... looking at you, I had no idea!

Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to all
Yeah, I hear you. We got an estimate to pave our 1/4 mile drive a couple years ago. I decided I didn't have the kind of money he wanted, so I'll just leave an inch of snow when I plow the 1 snowfall every other year and deal with it.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Hey Tim, you shopping 8' 6" four place sled trailers or the staggered 7' style? The place I've bought my last few only builds to order to sell direct as they have no dealer network. So, it's either have it delivered or come east to get it... neither of which would likely appeal to you.
7' all aluminum. Whats your favorite ?

Old 08-09-2018, 09:04 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
I've bought my recent trailers from ProlLine in NH. They are a build to order place. On my current one, I went with their multisport so I would have a touch more room for opening the doors on the General. It's 7' 6" wide so still easy to see around when towing but a touch wider for more versatility. I also went with the 7' max interior height. https://nhtrailers.com

Old 08-09-2018, 12:52 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
For those of you that use ratchet straps and hate keeping them organized, here's a solution for you. The Quickloader Ratchet Strap.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Interesting find Jim. They have excellent reviews on Amazon. The only negative I see is I don't like the end hooks. I like a good long spring loaded hook at the ends in case anything get's loose or the vehicle tied down has suspension compression over a bump. I've had the ones without the safety pop off going down the road before.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:31 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
The longer ones have those types of hooks I think. Too long for my purposes.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
I've bought my recent trailers from ProlLine in NH. They are a build to order place. On my current one, I went with their multisport so I would have a touch more room for opening the doors on the General. It's 7' 6" wide so still easy to see around when towing but a touch wider for more versatility. I also went with the 7' max interior height. https://nhtrailers.com
Thanks Rodney

Old 08-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Are you a Nigerian prince Roy? I know you can't judge a book by it's cover but man... looking at you, I had no idea!
I am just a great guy trying to help out my friend........

Old 08-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Cut off the perfectly good end on my 50a cord today and installed an angled one to eliminate the strain on the plug. I used to run a 90 degree dog bone but this eliminated the extra connection and looks more finished too. It turns out this is a much more secure fitting end too. It has a gasket on the end to seal to the inlet and the overall fit is MUCH tighter. Good upgrade...

Before and after.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: