Today is the day........ - Page 1032 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is the day........

Old 07-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Solar installation is on my "wish" list right now......

A very accurate tank level system is on my to-do list for this fall........

Last day at Willow Creek Reservoir.......
Get some shooting in this morning.........

Old 07-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Roy, wasn't the time to do the SeeLevel tank monitors when you had the belly dropped? I'd love to do that one myself and may some day but it's lower priority because my basic monitors give me enough info to get by as is. So that said, I'd have to be good and bored to tackle it... but that's been known to happen from time to time...LOL

Old 07-09-2018, 10:24 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
My black tank gave some interesting readings last week. At one point it said 2/3 full. Then later it said only 1/3 full. Well, which is it? It's kind of important!

Old 07-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Roy, wasn't the time to do the SeeLevel tank monitors when you had the belly dropped? I'd love to do that one myself and may some day but it's lower priority because my basic monitors give me enough info to get by as is. So that said, I'd have to be good and bored to tackle it... but that's been known to happen from time to time...LOL
I didn't know about the system until I had finished.......

Old 07-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Jim, they all do that. The probe gets some TP etc. on it that later washes off. My tank is always at 3/4 full when I get to a campground from the sloshing around on the way. I just know that when the toilet blows a bubble when flushing that the vent pipe is underwater and time to dump. A SeeLevel monitor would certainly be nicer than that.

Roy, bummer on the late epiphany...

Old 07-09-2018, 11:17 AM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
Does the toilet go straight to the black tank? Or is there a trap in there? I haven't spent a lot of time peering down my toilet.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:47 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Toilet goes straight into the black tank. Sometimes there is an angle in the pipe so you don't see the "accumulation" but it's pretty much a straight shot with no trap.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:56 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Rodney, I like the charging port mod on the General. Why they don't come this way (same for most other part-time use motorized equipment) is beyond me. I also think the additional solar panel install looks nice...good work. It still amazes me how much "work" you have to put into a vehicle designed for "pleasure."

Roy, looks like a great spot. Thanks for all the pics - actually some pretty decent photography. I love the flags flying off the back of the Montana!

Old 07-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Thanks Tyler. It's a labor of love. I do like modding as much as camping. The repairs are not so much fun though...

Old 07-09-2018, 12:32 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
I did a similar charging port on my Ranger. The original intention was to use it to charge the main ATV battery I used a regular cigarette lighter type port as it was easy to come by. The added benefit is if someone had that type of adapter they could use the port to charge other stuff.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:54 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Thanks Tyler. It's a labor of love. I do like modding as much as camping. The repairs are not so much fun though...
I enjoy mods and maintenance, but don't like repairing things that shouldn't be broken. That said, I would still rather do most of those repairs myself, than pay someone else if I am capable and have the time.

Howdy Gang!

Old 07-09-2018, 08:13 PM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
I'm with you guys on the mods. They are fun. Maintenance I just do, I don't enjoy it, just get it done. Repairs just **** me off anymore. Luckily, the camper has been really good this year. I spent some time up high yesterday also. Washed the roof and made a huge mess of the sides. Got almost everything washed down and cleaned back up. Hoping to wax the garage door tonight yet. 9 more days and we head back out!

Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
I washed the roof of my camper at the storage lot. The crud from the roof was all over the sides of my trailer ... and the trailer beside mine. I had to give that trailer a quick wash.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:36 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Today is 15% off site wide at eBay on $25 or more with a cap of $100 discount. Coupon code: PRIMOSALE I was considering one of these. Supposed to be the best there are. Everything else I've tried is such junk...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Longacre-53...19.m1438.l2649

Old 07-11-2018, 10:33 PM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Used this code on a ceiling fan earlier today. Nice discount.

Bruce

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Today is the day........

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: