6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 08:33 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,440 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Very nice pics Rodney! Makes me really jealous!

I think the DTCs this morning were self inflicted. After installing the SOTF cable, I never hooked the air intake sensor cable back to the sensor as I was expecting to reflash the truck with the SOTF software, but forgot it after having to stop after the rain started and then dropping the rocket ship.

Bruce, we ate there while in the Dells.
Good to hear,

Something else to keep an eye out for. Pins in the SOTF cable can and will push out when you push the connectors together. Be mindful of this. I have been running a stock hp deleted tune for a few months and just switched back to a sotf tune. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why the switch wasn't working. One of the pins had pushed out.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:04 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 81 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
Good to hear,

Something else to keep an eye out for. Pins in the SOTF cable can and will push out when you push the connectors together. Be mindful of this. I have been running a stock hp deleted tune for a few months and just switched back to a sotf tune. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why the switch wasn't working. One of the pins had pushed out.
Thanks Chris! I'll have a look at it.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:32 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Great pics Rodney! Nice to see the girls smiling so much.

Jim, this would handle your lift needs and uses stock arms, shafts, brakes, hubs, etc: https://www.superatv.com/polaris-por...xoCjBQQAvD_BwE

Monty, I'm glad you finally got around to dropping some things off of the truck. You're going to get cramps in your jaw from smiling so much now when you mash the throttle.

Scott, I'm curious to get your thoughts after you've had a chance to try out the chute.

Howdy Crew! Have a great weekend!

Old 06-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Doug, I'm happy with the Grassflap. When fully closed I get a pretty good blowout from the right front of the deck. The airborne blowout grass will go about 4 feet but it is minimal. The good thing is if you crack the chute just right, the blowout stops and it won't throw anything. My big challenge is a spot about 7' wide with mulched beds on both sides. Cracking the chute is the ticket, as opposed to fully blocking it. The foot control is awesome, hand control would suck for that scenario and most hand control blockers are open or closed with no in between. The other benefit is with the chute open the deck is now only about 55" wide as opposed to about 65". I can fit in places better and edge trees with either side.

Mowing as much as I can here, but keeps raining. Ground dried up quite a bit and I backed the dump trailer to the shed to load up the scrap pile. The neighbor who's pool overlooks it thanked me. Lol. Almost fully loaded but one of the gas grills is loaded with bees. Got near it once and got stung once. To make it better when they swarmed me, i took off running and made it just about to Becky and the neighbor talking when i overran my feet and crased head first into the dirt. I must be an idiot! Need to get that space filled, so it's now war. I've sprayed them with the hose 4x. Grill still buzzes like hell if I poke it. Time for chemical warfare!

Have fun in Mammoth Doug and Rodney, I'm jealous and disappointed we wont make it.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:03 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Scott, thanks for the feedback. Part of the reason why I am interested is because of how much width the plastic guardr adds to my mower deck . I don't want to take the factory guard off until and unless I have something else to put in its place, so it will stay for now.
It's really to bad the wife or neighbor weren't filming the bee escape. That would have been humorous for everyone but the victim! What type of bees are they - or do you know yet?
I'm sure Mammoth will be great, but there are several here that I wish could make it - you included. I can't wait to hit the road.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:18 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
The bee escape had to be hilarious to watch. One of the *******s got in the cuff of my glove, I was in the trailer (tailgate down luckily!), and took off running. Threw gloves, hat, lost my sunglasses, and then lost my footing and slid face first to Becky and the neighbors wife's feet. I'm not sure on what they are other than angry. Some type of bee, either carpenter or honey bee. Not yellow jackets, wasps or hornets. Any of those 3 and I'd likely have more than one sting or bite. Years ago I dug a stump up at my parents that was filled with ground nesting yellow jackets....................saw that swarm fly out, jumped off excavator and ran like hell. I did not outrun them and got lit up good that time. I went out a little while ago and poked the grill after sitting open in the rain all day. Still buzzing. Soaked it in bee killer spray and closed lid. Did take a quick look and didn't see anything. I think they are actually inside the burner. I'll poke the bear again tomorrow and see if it still buzzes.

I'm legitimately poking at it with a 10 foot pole. If it still buzzes tomorrow I'll sink the pole into the burner.................maybe I should have Becky start recording first!

Old 06-10-2018, 08:36 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Flame thrower!!!!

Where I grew up in Georgia, we had ground nesting yellow jackets, and many times you wouldn't know about them until it was too late. Typically, you find them right after rolling over their nest with the mower. Once, my da decided to drop a tree in the back yard that was to close to the deck to suit him. He began the process of limbing the tree, but my youngest brother - who was a toddler at the time - came out the back door crying about something. My dad sat the saw down, so I picked it up and carried on where he left off with limbing the tree. A few seconds into limbing the tree, I started getting nailed in the face and upper body by what I thought was shavings from the saw. It didn't take long to see I was being swarmed by yellow jackets and getting stung. I ran toward the back of the house with the chainsaw still WOT. Lucky I didn't trip. I counted 11 total stings on my face and head, with one on my eyelid. From then on, I took great pleasure in dumping quart bottles of gasoline down their holes when I would find them, the chuck a lit match into the area and stand back. That's also a good way to find their alternate entrances.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Yellow jackets are just downright nasty if disturbed in a nest like that. After a bit of looking I actually think they are bumble bees. Seem small for bumble bees but a bit of looking shows carpenter bees are solitary and have a black abdomen, these are fuzzy. I've never known them to be aggressive, but I've also never gone poking at a bumble bee nest before either. I'd go flame thrower if the grill wasn't right against the trailer tarp........

Old 06-10-2018, 09:52 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
I've swatted carpenter bees out of midair before. You're right that they are not aggressive. We used to get some pretty nasty looking hornets' nests in my area, and they can be pretty aggressive, but they don't really look like bumble bees. Good luck with eradicating the nest.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:57 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,192 Likes on 573 Posts
Carpenter bees don't make nests so you're right that those aren't the grill dwellers. They are also giant and love to hover. If you look closely at one closely as it hovers nearby, they almost look like they have a face. They are becoming a real problem up here in the last 5 years or so. They've always been around but for some reason are multiplying in numbers here. They are a real issue with older houses like my mom's family homestead farm house. They house is now sided but her outbuildings (barn, chicken coup, outhouse, etc.) are all targets of their burrowing. I've done battle with them and lost to the point where she had to get an exterminator. So, while they are very not aggressive towards people, the are ruining wood buildings everywhere....

Old 06-11-2018, 09:12 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,675 Likes on 2,743 Posts
The last few posts reminds me that I need to install new attractant in my wasp/hornet traps. A couple years ago my neighbor had a hornet nest the size of a cantaloupe under the eave of the second story.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,176 Likes on 680 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Carpenter bees don't make nests so you're right that those aren't the grill dwellers. They are also giant and love to hover. If you look closely at one closely as it hovers nearby, they almost look like they have a face. They are becoming a real problem up here in the last 5 years or so. They've always been around but for some reason are multiplying in numbers here. They are a real issue with older houses like my mom's family homestead farm house. They house is now sided but her outbuildings (barn, chicken coup, outhouse, etc.) are all targets of their burrowing. I've done battle with them and lost to the point where she had to get an exterminator. So, while they are very not aggressive towards people, the are ruining wood buildings everywhere....
Try some WD-40..squirt into holes and watch them drop out!!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:04 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,440 Likes on 937 Posts
gas grill by chance? Maybe sneak a propane tank to it at night and light it up

Old 06-11-2018, 05:31 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Mud daubers are the biggest nuisance around my place. They will build nests very aggressively and in any place where they can squeeze their bodies. Last year, I had to clean quite a few out of the A/C on my RV before I could use it, as one of the nexts joined the evaporator fan to the plenum. There were 4 more on the condenser fan that threw it way out of balance. I have since added several treated cow ear tags to the shroud, and haven't had any issues yet since, but I keep a closer eye on it now.

We have carpenter bees, but they don't have much to work with at my place now, because most things are metal or Hardy. At previous homes though, garage door frames, and privacy fences seemed to be their favorite things to destroy. WD-40 or Brake-Clean both worked quite well at getting rid of them for a while.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Well, I won! Bees dead. Opened grill and gave it a few whacks with the 10 foot pole, nothing came out. Dismantled it from a distance with a pitchfork. No more critters. Finished loading the trailer, now I just need the ground to dry up so I can get it out. Got 2+ inches of rain last night, new grass is growing faster than I can get on the yard to mow it with all the damn rain.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........