Maine Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Mega US Road Trip - Maine To California & Back Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 03:48 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
Thats cool. One of these days I will make it out west. And up to Maine.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:59 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by fire240
Thats cool. One of these days I will make it out west. And up to Maine.
oh yes you must visit Maine! everyone in the world should visit vacation land at least once.be sure to include Baxter state park and Acadia national park in your Maine tour.if you've only room for one,place Acadia at the top.
Learn About the Park - Acadia National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Bar Harbor Whale Watching Tours

and if your over this way for a few days,come back down around and drive all the way out to stonington and deer isle once you've discovered and got your fill of Bar Harbor.you'll love this drive in the summer too! beautiful coastal Maine.

and make 100% sure you have our world famous lobster when your here! you can thank me latter.
The World's Finest Lobster Comes from Maine

if your really big on camping and hiking,im telling you the view from the summit of mt katahdin is phenomenal! in this case,make Baxter your focal point instead.
Baxter State Park

for those looking for winter adventures we have vast woodlands up north with miles and miles and miles of snowmobile trails.hiking trails for snowshoeing all over the state and of course sugarloaf for skying.
Maine & New England's Premier Ski and Golf Resort - Great Lodging & Lift Ticket Deals | Sugarloaf

Portland is really our only "real" city if you will.for those into the city lifestyle you can find a lot to do here in southern Maine.just remember southern Maine doesn't really represent what Maine is really like.you've got to get up mid north or up coastal more to truly get the true overall sense of what most of Maine is like.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:01 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
Thats good to know. Would have to plan a nice summer camping trip up there.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:01 PM
sjwelds
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have to say, man, a huge thanks for sharing your trip with us. And all those pics. Wow. You really outdid yourself sir. Well done, well done indeed!! Thanks again!!

Old 03-28-2015, 10:36 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
your welcome friend.im glad you enjoyed.im kinda still in disbelieve i just did this.feels like im gunna wake up from a dream anytime now.what a trip! life.......the ultimate high!

Old 03-29-2015, 07:56 AM
mu2bdriver
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great pictures and it sounds like a great adventure! I was wondering where you were on the boards. I'm up in Acadia and Baxter pretty regularly but one day hope to take a trip out west. So many incredible places to see within our own borders. Well done!

Old 03-29-2015, 11:06 AM
stocker rocker
Junior User
Awesome thread thanks I feel like I just toured the U.S. you have some amazing pictures and welcome back

Old 03-29-2015, 11:23 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
thanks guys! im glad i did this up in a way that did the trip justice.it truly was a heck of an adventure! going solo,it's nice to now share it ya know.so im glad it's going enjoyed.it was awesome!
America is a wonderful place to be.it's sad to see many of her things robbed by greed (like the limited amount of bison that should be free roaming and the giant sequoia stripped off,the smog of cali was bit heartbreaking to witness too,but their trying their best!) but there's still so much out there to enjoy and to think i just barely saw a spec of the US! amazing.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:39 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Thanks for sharing, what an awesome trip!!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:26 AM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 614 Likes on 382 Posts
Awesome pics. Makes me seriously jealous. I've only seen one of the things on your list, and MANY of them are on mine. Hopefully in another 5-10 years I'll be able to do a camper/bike trip like that.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:15 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Wow, what an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing the photos and the story.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:24 AM
04badford
Lead Driver
WOW very cool man, Thanks for sharing your Mega Road trip , there's a lot more to see In California , Mystery spot, Mystery Tree's you were so close to both but really seen the best attractions , Santa Cruz Board walk ,Alcatraz, Big Sur ETC . I have only seen Pictures of Maine , the best one's are when the trees are changing colors what a Beauty , I will have to do a Vacation there, I'm glad you made the mega trip safely and for anybody Come on out and see .Reps for you Brother

Old 03-31-2015, 12:28 AM
04badford
Lead Driver
OH almost Forgot you were in 49ner territory. No Lots of Gold Nuggets

Old 03-31-2015, 10:29 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
yeah,no way would i have had time for anymore.if i had to do it again,i might have done a little less in California to slow down a bit more.......but iv no clue what i would have removed to do that either lol!Humbolt was a bit further north than i should have went as is.couldn't have gone another hour north.getting back into Reno NV was a big task that night.i thought about the old prison,but it would have cut into Muir woods and i didn't want that.from san fran,big sur would have been cool,but i was headed north.i just had to get a famous drive-thru tree in there and it looked like the best of the 3.could only do so much and to think really,it was the same in all the states i went through.could only see specs.big,big world out there.

don't feel too bad about being a 9er fan.i brought the winning spirit of the patriots with me.

thanks guys.im glad your enjoying this.
i edited my first day at Yosemite.i had a pic of Bridalveil falls showing it as the lower Yosemite.i corrected and included a pic of the lower falls.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM
dixie460
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey what's up FORDF250, I just clicked thru to this thread from your sig in one of your posts and wow what a well documented trip! I really enjoyed seeing and reading about all the places. Some of them are places I'd like to visit someday too.

I might soon be single again (no worries, I ain't married to her this time!) like you so perhaps after I get settled in a new place I might just take some "me" time before allowing myself to get serious with anyone, and use some of that time to tour around. As much as I'd like to take my trusty F-150 (in case I find some place off the beaten path) the gas would probably kill the trip budget so I'd be renting an econobox car like you.

Thanks for the awesome (and beautiful!) pictures and narration!

Quick Reply: Mega US Road Trip - Maine To California & Back Again