Pics of ATTA 454RBR, Hutch, Harpoon done! (almost) - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Pics of ATTA 454RBR, Hutch, Harpoon done! (almost)

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of ATTA 454RBR, Hutch, Harpoon done! (almost)

Old 01-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by StrokinHer01 View Post
... my wife would like to know where you got the decals on the bug...really nothin like asking about flower decals on a vw beetle in a diesel forum know what I mean?! >_>
Those are actually magnetic daisy's. She has them in all colors and sizes all over the car. That and pink seats, steering wheel, green glitter wheels, etc... It truly is one of a kind car.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:33 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SaintITC View Post
I was wondering if Sous ever drove the Bug on base...
One time, right after we first got it I had to take it to Greenville (where I worked) to the VW dealer to have a new key FOB programmed. Well, I was in uniform of course and I could see into the maintenance bay. There were several people standing around pointing and looking at it, one guy turned my direction and pointed at me and said something like "that is his car". Well, a few minutes later one of the service techs came through the door and said "nice car", I told him "come on man, you know that is my wifes car..."

Then, as I was driving home down I-85 a woman in a Mustang passed by me. As she looked over and saw it was a man in uniform driving the car, she was laughing so hard she was hitting the steering wheel. She then slowed in the fast lane and I could see her holding her phone up to get a picture. Well screw that... I slowed too and took an exit and just waited there for a moment to gather my man card and took off back toward home.

People have gotten out a red light to get a picture of the car. Anytime she goes into town, people wave and smile. It is like a Barbie car in real life.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
Probably told the guards the "wife" wanted to drive the truck...
When her other car died, she said she wanted a convertible. I said "no way I am buying a convertible". She said "you know what, I didn't say **** when you said you wanted to buy a Hayabusa". I said "what sort of convertible are we looking for dear".

Old 01-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Recent picture of said car at the lake. If you look closely you can see her inflatable paddle board in the back seat.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.Colorado350 has a great reputation on FTE.
Happy wife happy life! s

I just imagine you driving in that car in uniform. Was that before or after...Don't ask Don't tell?

Last edited by Colorado350; 01-20-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: saw pics
Old 01-20-2018, 01:50 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
What I want to know is where did he park when he got to work? Did he leave early so he could park in some distant overflow lot and walk the last half mile or so?

Old 01-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
Happy wife happy life! s

I just imagine you driving in that car in uniform. Was that before or after...Don't ask Don't tell?
LOL, after Don't ask Don't tell, before it was changed to allow all.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by SaintITC View Post
What I want to know is where did he park when he got to work? Did he leave early so he could park in some distant overflow lot and walk the last half mile or so?
Well, funny story there too. When I got to the gate the guard recognized me because it was the same gate I go through everyday. He smiled, and said "new car?" I of course said "may I pass please?" Then when I got to the building I worked at, I parked across the street and about a 1/4 mile away.

The things we do for those we love...

Old 01-20-2018, 01:55 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Recent picture of said car at the lake. If you look closely you can see her inflatable paddle board in the back seat.
Nice!
I love convertibles, I've had a convertible of some kind ever since I got the first one, a '68 Buick 225 in Orlando in 1985.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Those are actually magnetic daisy's. She has them in all colors and sizes all over the car. That and pink seats, steering wheel, green glitter wheels, etc... It truly is one of a kind car.
If they're magnetic you could have pulled them off before you got in.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:05 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
If they're magnetic you could have pulled them off before you got in.
She can sense that sort of thing. Besides, the green wheels and pink and purple seat covers and what not, the magnets were not worth the effort of trying to get them back where they go.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:01 PM
dn29626
Posting Guru
dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.
I see this.

3/8" (fuel sender) line extended

Then i see this (with umbrella).
5/16" (fuel return) line extended

Why did you replace the umbrella instead of eliminating it?

************************************************** ******************************************
Mine.
Eliminated foot.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
I wanted to put the "fuel pick up point" as low to the bottom of the tank as possible. I didn't want to do this with the hard tube by itself because there is a very slim possibility that the tube could somewhat seal itself to the bottom of the tank. So, I cut the hard tube to about 3/4" above the bottom of the tank (by my own measuring) and then put the black rubber foot on the bottom which actually hit the bottom of the tank. I kept slowly raising the rubber foot until when the sending unit was dry fit, the foot did not hit the bottom of the tank.

Still following?

Once I had that, I raised the foot another 1/8" or so, just to be sure that the foot would not be on the bottom when the tank was mounted in case the tank was twisted or something and the level of the bottom of the tank was slightly different than it was when sitting on the garage floor.

In addition, the foot has a screen on it which would help a bit more to stop debris from getting into the system. Also, as you can see on the bottom of the foot there are little legs or pegs which would allow it to sit further down in the tank, with much less risk of sealing itself to the bottom.

I don't know how long the original lasted, but even if it is 5-7 years, then I will be able to get 95% of the fuel out of the tank.

I hope this clears things up.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:38 PM
dn29626
Posting Guru
dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.dn29626 has a great reputation on FTE.
...the foot has a screen on it which would help a bit more to stop debris from getting into the system...
To me...the screen can cause debris to create a clog in the tank...at a later date...cause another in-tank repair.
The purpose in the filter near the pump is to stop the debris.

My .02

Old 01-21-2018, 12:46 PM
crop harvester
Posting Guru
crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.crop harvester has a very good reputation on FTE.
I agree keep all screens outside of tank for ease of cleaning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of ATTA 454RBR, Hutch, Harpoon done! (almost)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.