Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Ford vs. Chevy Tug of War Ends in a Lopsided Victory

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:18 PM
DerekShiekhi
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that Fords and Chevrolets are often compared to each other implies that they're worthy competitors to one another. That's definitely not the case in the following video, which shows a Ford absolutely dominating a Chevy.

Read the rest on the Ford-Trucks.com homepage. >>

Old 03-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Pkupman82
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DerekShiekhi

The fact that Fords and Chevrolets are often compared to each other implies that they're worthy competitors to one another. That's definitely not the case in the following video, which shows a Ford absolutely dominating a Chevy.

Read the rest on the Ford-Trucks.com homepage. >>
I would have done the same thing if I was in the black truck. I live in a Chevy dominant area, and most of the guys who drive them tend to be loud and arrogant. I take great pleasure in showing them up in whatever challenge they throw at me. I really enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing!

Old 04-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Kapusta
Cargo Master
Received 1,715 Likes on 641 Posts
This video proves nothing more than the Ford driver jumping the gun and accelerating before the driver of the Chevy did and that he can drag a 2WD Chevy around that didn't get a chance get traction.
I've owned both Fords and Chevys and the Chevys have always been better trucks. The only reason I have a Ford now is when I bought it, money was tight and Fords were cheaper. I still had to modify it because the original 5 speed tranny was a weak POS. Right now I'd dump the Ford for any full size Chevy in a heartbeat.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
This video proves nothing more than the Ford driver jumping the gun and accelerating before the driver of the Chevy did and that he can drag a 2WD Chevy around that didn't get a chance get traction.
I've owned both Fords and Chevys and the Chevys have always been better trucks. The only reason I have a Ford now is when I bought it, money was tight and Fords were cheaper. I still had to modify it because the original 5 speed tranny was a weak POS. Right now I'd dump the Ford for any full size Chevy in a heartbeat.
I agree that a tug-of-war between two trucks doesn't really prove anything. But to say that Chevy trucks have ALWAYS been better than Ford?

And maybe it's just the area I live in, but I don't think I've ever seen a Ford that was cheaper than a comparable chevy. The Ford's always seem to be more expensive around here.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Stevaroo01
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford vs. Chevy... it will always be debated. All I know is, I prefer Fords every day of the week! And I thoroughly enjoyed this video! Lol!!

Old 04-22-2015, 04:27 PM
88F15095F150
Junior User
this video again??? Give it a rest already...while I admit it is nice seeing that chev getting stomped it really doesn't prove anything, only that the Ford probably had more traction and weighs more.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

instant unfriend.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
PLEASE. Stop posting this vid. It comes up every couple of months and proves NOTHING other than stupid drivers(both of them)

Old 04-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 962 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastback460
But to say that Chevy trucks have ALWAYS been better than Ford?
Seriously. When has GM ever made a better truck. The Top Gear guys came to Canada recently and May and Clarkson got a pair of pickup trucks to tour though through BC or Alberta to "rescue" Hammond who had been stranded up on a mountain. So May ends up with a new Chevy 2500 diesel and Clarkson somehow gets his hands on a Hennesy VelocoRaptor.. of course. May being the mild mannered man slowly and carefully navigates his way rarely putting a wheel out of place while Clarkson spares no horespower and powerslides the Raptor all the way up. He did manage to put it over the side of the road once and got a flat tire but he made it to the top, but the Chevy didn't because it broke a driveshaft. Yes that is right, a 3/4 ton truck that was being carefully driven up a snow covered road blows a driveshaft, but the guy abusing the **** out of a hot rodded 1/2 ton didn't have any problems. And GM makes better trucks. Right.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Sparky96
Junior User
My weak pos mazda trans has 297,000 miles on it my buddies chevy has puked 3 trannys at 200,000. No one will ever convince me the m5od is junk i have owned a lot of them!

Old 04-22-2015, 09:34 PM
Kapusta
Cargo Master
Maybe I need to restate this that every GM truck I've owned turned out better for me than any Ford truck I've owned.
Every F series I or my dad have owned have had weak transmissions. Even the 63 had gone through two transmissions before I owned it. Yes, they were all 1/2 tons and maybe they're only built to the minimum to handle that.
The 85 and now the 94 are built using some of the worst fasteners and cheap plastic you can imagine. I try to fix one thing and three others need repairs because they break in the removal process to get the intended part removed. The other thing that pi$$es me off about the Ford are all the riveted parts. WTF is it with all the freakin rivets. The air dam below the front bumper is riveted with some gnarly rivets. I need to reattach part of it but I can't take those rivets off to reattach with bolts. The tail pipe is barely holding on due to a broken rubber hanger but the metal bracket holding the rubber part is RIVETED to the frame. I had to hillbilly all that crap with bailing wire and zip ties for now.
It's got other issues like a failing head liner, peeling paint, busted dash corner and oil leaks from the engine. Did I mention rust?
Luckily I don't drive my Frankenstein much or I would be fixing it a lot more often. It's a POS no matter how you spell it.
Not all Fords have been bad for me. I've been driving a Crown Vic daily for 4 years now. It's been a good car so far and I bought it cheap too.
As far as pick ups go, I want my GM's back.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:45 PM
Kapusta
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Sparky96
My weak pos mazda trans has 297,000 miles on it my buddies chevy has puked 3 trannys at 200,000. No one will ever convince me the m5od is junk i have owned a lot of them!
You haven't looked for much about them here then. There's lots of bad stories about them if you took the time to look here.
I can't say my M5OD was worthless. I sold that noisy pile of junk for $150.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Sparky96
Junior User
I dont look on here for tranny trouble im out driving and towing my trailer everyday with my m5od what everyone else says dosent effect how my truck drives!

Old 04-23-2015, 01:12 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
look pal, no ones forcing you to be here. if you dont like it, please by all means dont let the door hit you in the hoo haaaa on the way out.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 AM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts
spoken like a man who has a bowtie tattooed on their forehead.
And as for trannies, the turbo350 is a pos too I'll keep my np435
I owned one chevy truck, not again unless the price is right, ie: free and than I probably would try trading it away.
And yes my dad was the diehard chevy guy with the bowtie tattoo. RIP

Quick Reply: This Ford vs. Chevy Tug of War Ends in a Lopsided Victory