Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Reload this Page >

Is Line-ex spray in liner slick?

Notices

Old 02-28-2015, 11:10 AM
monsterbaby
Super Moderator
monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation

As the title says, is the line-ex spray in bed liners supposed to be slick? just bought my wife a new 2014 F150 and had a line-ex bedliner installed and it's shiny and VERY slick. She carries a cooler with her to go shopping and set it into the bed adn it just slides right to the front with a little down hill angle of the driveway.

The main purpose of spending $500 was to help stuff stay put when you put it into the bed. I have seen guys with Rhino liner and noting moved. This thing is slicker then the original metal and paint. wearing tennis shoes with rubber soles I can slide around in it.

So is this normal and I wasted $500 I could have used on other stuff, or did they somehow screw it up? If this is normal I would have been better off just buying a rubber mat.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Rubiconrod
Senior User
Rubiconrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rubiconrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not in my experience. I've had two trucks sprayed and both had a sandpaper like finish...

Old 03-01-2015, 02:37 PM
monsterbaby
Super Moderator
monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Thanks for the response. The surface is textured but it's a hard plastic like. The guy that I know had his truck done years ago with Linex and bragged about it, jumped into the bed with tennis shoes on and about fell on his head to give example. and that was on the tailgate that was bone dry. The part that had a little water on it was really like ice.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Dual Liner
Former Vendor
Dual Liner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Other options

Hey monsterbaby, if you're looking for an alternative the DualLiner has a 3/8" thick rubber floor rather than a rough or slippery bottom.

As a DualLiner employee I've had one for 6 years and really abused it hauling tires, shop equipment, fishing shanty and it works. Wisconsin made - lifetime warranty. Happy to answer any questions or check us out dualliner.com

Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 PM
jhaines10
Junior User
jhaines10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just called Line x today about a bed liner. There's two options. The non slick one was $475. The upgraded one he said comes with an extra spray of urethane over the top keeping it shinny for years. I bet that's what you got. His price was $575 for that one.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:41 PM
monsterbaby
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by jhaines10 View Post
I just called Line x today about a bed liner. There's two options. The non slick one was $475. The upgraded one he said comes with an extra spray of urethane over the top keeping it shinny for years. I bet that's what you got. His price was $575 for that one.
got a chance to call them again and they told me that I do NOT have the upgraded one but they can spray that in but if I don't like the one that i have because it's slick I will hate the upgrade because it's worse

Basically told me this is just the way it is, nothing wrong with it and said won't do anything about it, so I guess i wasted $500 and am stuck with it. Oh well guess will just go buy a $69.99 rubber mat and put over it.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:44 PM
monsterbaby
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Dual Liner View Post
Hey monsterbaby, if you're looking for an alternative the DualLiner has a 3/8" thick rubber floor rather than a rough or slippery bottom.

As a DualLiner employee I've had one for 6 years and really abused it hauling tires, shop equipment, fishing shanty and it works. Wisconsin made - lifetime warranty. Happy to answer any questions or check us out dualliner.com

Thank you for the response but little late in this case as already have the linex sprayed in. Not going to buy another entire bed protection system on top of it, just something to stop stuff from skidding around.

Lesson learned.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:39 PM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Going forward, Ido not think you'll be sorry that you had the LineX put in there.... it's a great product.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:07 PM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
RightWingNutJob has a good reputation on FTE.RightWingNutJob has a good reputation on FTE.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:55 AM
93-331-29PSI
Elder User
93-331-29PSI has a good reputation on FTE.93-331-29PSI has a good reputation on FTE.
I've got the premium (shiny) line-x in my truck and have no problems with things sliding around? Also didn't have any issues slipping when walking on it before the cap was installed.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:08 AM
monsterbaby
Super Moderator
just ended up buying a rubber mat and taking the $500 lesson on linex.