Sponsored by: Moser

Green Interior.. anyone sell it new?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 05:17 PM
redneck_davis
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Interior.. anyone sell it new?

My 78 has the 3tone green seats and the green vinyl floor. My seat is getting pretty rough and the vinyl floor is shot. Im not opposed to the green carpet ive found in a few. But I don't want black floor, or some kind of 1994 f-150 front seat crap out of a junkyard. I remember looking thru Dennis carp and lmc and the normal and coming up empty handed. Only black,blue and red.
Does anyone sell green interior components for our trucks like the stock?

Old 02-23-2015, 05:21 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
No joy.. green is one of the hard to find colors. Gonna have to scour and find usable takeoffs, NOS, or go custom reproduction.

For fabric and vinyl, try SMS Autofabrics.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:31 PM
redneck_davis
Senior User
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oa...rd/model/f-100

Well I'll be.. Summit has green carpet. Idk how ready to install it is. Sounds like the foot pad and grommets come in a bag w a "good luck" note.

Any where else guys?(SMS did not have it) Carpet/vinyl floor, seats or the seat recover kit? Green

Ford Truck Carpet or Vinyl--Ford Pickup Carpet or Vinyl

Also green carpet kit with these guys, sounds better and cheaper.

Still looking for the vinyl or seats

Old 02-24-2015, 09:51 PM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Here's Jade Green carpet on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/for-75-79-Ford-F150-Truck-Reg-Cab-849-Jade-Green-Carpet-C6-Auto-Trans-Low-Tunnel-/351010617694?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1978%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item51b9dcf95e&vxp=mtr

I just purchased some carpet from ACC. Nice. Auto Custom Carpets, Inc - Search

I bought my NOS vinyl from an old trip shop here in Dallas, and they might have your vinyl too. Much cheaper than SMS. This pic shows a sample board of some of their stock. They have the books that show what originally came in these trucks and I can look through the old stock.

David

Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 AM
redneck_davis
Senior User
How much does it cost to redo a seat? . . and you so NOS. Like jus rolls of material or actually ready to go seat cover/skin

Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 PM
GM4WALLS
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redneck_davis
How much does it cost to redo a seat? . . and you so NOS. Like jus rolls of material or actually ready to go seat cover/skin
I have the Green fabric swatches and carpet samples from SMS... Nice quality stuff. I had my last seat done by a local upholstery shop for $235.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:13 PM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
Well, I struck out. I went by the trim shop this afternoon, looking for Jade Green vinyl, and I only found one yard of Dark Jade vinyl in Valino grain.
Post a picture of your seat to show just what condition it's in.

David

Old 02-25-2015, 09:36 PM
redneck_davis
Senior User

My only picture of it... That's the only bad spot. Driver side bottom. The rest of the seat is fine

Old 02-25-2015, 09:54 PM
CurtLarson
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought a whole pickup just to take the green seat out of it

Old 02-26-2015, 10:53 AM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
Hey redneck, that's a real cutie at the wheel!

Your seat has the Chainmail vinyl seating surfaces with Valino grained center and side panels. I found lots of Chainmail tan, light yellow cream, and gray. I even found Silver, but no Jade.

If you are really wanting to go back to exact original vinyls, then SMS is going to be the easy place to find it. They have a search tool on their site, but is only shows material up to 1975. You will have to contact them for your year. But it is expensive, check with them on pricing and availability.

If there are some really old trim shops in your area, you might check with them. The place I got my vinyl at has been around for over 40 years, so they have all of this old material in their storeroom. You might find a similar stash in your town.

Since your seat is only torn up on the driver's side, if you found another old seat in a junkyard or one in a truck that someone is parting out, you could piece some of the panels into yours and make it look good. the aging of the colors would be pretty much the same.

Perhaps you can just spruce up your interior with some pretty new carpet, leave the seat alone until you come across the right solution. That material is out there, and now that you're looking, and some of us are too, you will find it.

David

Old 02-26-2015, 11:51 AM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
This truck might yield some good misc green interior parts.

1978 ford truck PARTING OUT

David

Old 02-26-2015, 12:04 PM
redneck_davis
Senior User
Thanks.. Yea/ I tried one and only old shop local,no luck on the chainmail. I usually keep a seat cover over it but its still tearing underneath and I hate to cover it,it looks so awesome . . I'm debating on the green carpet, that light green vinyl would be perfect though.
I remember seeing one wrecked green truck a few years back. I had no clue of I would have stripped every last green thing out. When I went back they had scrapped it. And I remember someone had stole the seat .

You would think there's a way to put something behind the original like a patch on you bluejeans and make it look good again. I'm not missing any chainmail, its jus coming apart at the seams. That dark green on the side should be easily enough matched.... But idk anything about interior work. Just my 2¢

Old 02-26-2015, 02:22 PM
beartracks
Lead Driver
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts
I have a stock seat recovered in Light Jade vinyl and silver cloth. Problem is I am in NM and it would cost a ton to ship.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:17 PM
Damifiknow
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have same color interior and when I'm ready I'll buy carpet from one of these.

Auto Custom Carpets, Inc - Search

Ford Pickup Truck Standard Cab Carpet For F150 F250 F350 F100 F1 F2 F3

My seat

Old 02-26-2015, 05:56 PM
redneck_davis
Senior User
Hmmmmmm... Yours is solid w no green divider in the middle. Why? Why so many different combos Ford? And that seat is in awesome shape. Lucky man

Yea bear. That'd be nice. I can't say I've ever been on your side of the Mississippi tho

Quick Reply: Green Interior.. anyone sell it new?