1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Adventures in Retirement

Old 10-01-2017, 07:13 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,779 Posts
On that 460 the oil filter adaptor bolts on with a bolt thru the center and think it is 2 gaskets.
You might be able to loosen that bolt and turn the whole assy. to get clearance for the filter & cross member.
Other wise mod the cross member or both turn & mod?
Dave ----

Old 10-01-2017, 07:17 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,779 Posts
That 460 oil filter adaptor is bolted on with 1 bolt thru the center and has 2 gaskets.
Loosen the bolt and turn the filter & adaptor to get clearance.
You may still need to mod the cross member but this may help.
Dave ----

Old 10-01-2017, 01:27 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
The new place is only 4 blocks down the alley but theres no duplexes and most of the houses are lived in by their owners. The clean up program that I instigated got me into trouble on one level but sure has has a good effect on this area. The City started a $180 million investment along 17th ave that was 3 years in the planning so my bytching was well timed. Theres a speed restriction in the area due to the park across the street so its really slow and quiet traffic wise. I'll post a pic of the neighbors trailer, its an interesting piece.
We're in a City election cycle and voting is this month so we might have a new mayor and a city hall shake up, the new batch of clowns may be more conservative this time.
I'll be needing to trim the cross member to get clearance on the oil cooler adapter, theres going to need to be a few days work done on that truck in order to move it. I sure have a lot of stuff to move but at least I can do a parts sorting and will be able to list the parts that aren't needed for sale.
My brother was a doper most of his life so he kind of brought this on himself, at least now he's safe, has some people to look after him and is no longer in a homeless shelter. The power of attorney process starts soon so thats going to be a new experience, will be done through the public trustee so I won't be getting the bill. Hes a wanderer so they keep him on the first floor so that he doesn't get into the elevator area and disappear. Every 2 weeks I bring him a care package and pieces of furniture to make his room nicer. I've seen him more in the last 3 months than in the previous 20 years lol.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
glad to see your doing well, change is good for the soul.

Old 10-29-2017, 01:47 AM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Found another use for the 78 today

Out of the old hole

And into the new garage
Still have the parts and tool shed to clean out and my other 78 needs to be prepped for moving, this tow bar comes in so handy. I'm building a build platform on the back of the 48 for the Overland, its going to be a 6' x 12' table, the frame for the Overland is actually less than 11' long so the table will probably be the same length. The garage is only 22' outside measurement so space inside is somewhat limited as the walk in door is on the same side of the garage and the chimney vent is in the same corner as the door. I'm going to cut up one of my propane tanks and turn it into a wood stove, should be fun.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:10 AM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Too bad you can't park your vehicles in the garage to keep the miscreants away from them!

Old 10-29-2017, 12:51 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Theres a vehicle gate at the new place which will allow me to park the 48 and the car in the backyard inside the fence line when they're done. Next year I'll relocate the rear fence line and that will give me an extra 12' x 20' of yard space which should come in handy. According to the neighbors this is a really low crime area as its far enough from the main skidder area, plus the people are more community minded than at the old place. It also helps that I'm one of the few renters as most homes are owner occupied.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:45 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
looking good friend

Old 10-31-2017, 04:48 AM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
What I like Skip is that in the next week I can start setting up my shop, turns out that these old propane tanks from the F450 will make a good wood stove, just have to slice one up and weld it back together. Lol

Old 11-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
best heat in the world. wood heat.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:01 PM
flowney
Cargo Master
Received 254 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
best heat in the world. wood heat.
My wife always complements me on my aroma when I've been infused with wood smoke. So there are direct benefits (warmth) and indirect benefits (heat).

Old 11-02-2017, 02:25 AM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
My favorite benefit is that wood is free for me and I won't have to rely on pallets or lumber. The prices on wood stoves are ridiculous up here and even barrel stoves run upwards of $150 and they are only thin wall 55 gallon drums. Theres enough tube metal around here that a heat exchanger should be possible and I don't mind picking up some round ducting and putting in a heat system, it shouldn't take much of a fan to power the system as I only need to take the chill out of the shop. We got our first snow tonight and its below freezing now with highs of -6c, not that bad as its early in the season. Have to build a build table for the Overland first in order to get everything over here, I've got a few irons in the fire and there's just not enough hours in the day.

I'm still refurnishing the house and am in the process of setting up some sort of a store downstairs, have all sorts of stuff for sale like parts, flatscreen tv, amplifier mother boards, giftware, antiques, furniture and all kinds of crap. Some gets listed on Ebay, some gets put on a flyer and delivered door to door in the neighborhood and some gets listed on kijiji. The fun part is going to be making a web site and making a catalog. I'm getting tired of working off property as it consumes to much of my time and I don't get to have a life which isn't really what this retirement act is about. I've had enough stores and warehouses in the past that it should be easy to set up another one, not trying to strike it rich, just want to lower my cost into this place without having to rent out the basement to a tenant. I'll still going to market some handyman work in the area and hopefully some metal work out of the shop.

Went to an antique auction tonight to bottom feed some inventory and struck out all night, only spent $13, then I did an after show deal and spent 200 on a 10' wall unit that the auctioneer has been having problems selling. It's actually a piece that can be used as a china cabinet also and matches my table and chairs. Someone will get suckered into buying the whole works for 2400 delivered, just have to wait for someone to fall in love with it. lol

The neighbors trailer, a 63 Shasta

Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 AM
fe390pc
Logistics Pro
Received 187 Likes on 171 Posts
Privateer, just caught up on your thread. Awesome! I am glad you have indoor space now and hope this works out. Love the Shasta Trailer.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:31 AM
meangreen92
Logistics Pro
Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Are those 'wings' original to the Shasta? It looks cool, and those wings look like they're from the 1930s or something!

Old 11-02-2017, 08:43 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Wow, that trailer is really sharp...love the wings!

You do have a lot of irons in the fire-I don't see how you get it all done. Must be the long days at that latitude...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adventures in Retirement