Adventures in Retirement - Page 25 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Adventures in Retirement

Old 01-20-2019, 11:31 AM
1STFOX
Junior User
1STFOX is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very interesting read! Just finished the whole thing! I admire your skills and "Can DO" attitude!
You never mentioned if there were any babes at open house! Keep us posted !!

Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 PM
privateer, eh
Danger City Kitty
privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.
Sorry, no hotties at the community association open house, ran into an ex and kind of hope she doesn't really call me. We've got some pretty big differences of opinion concerning riff raff, I believe in long term boot camp style detox and the group she works for believes in safe injection sites, I keep a chain at the front and back doors in case junkies need to learn how to stay off my yard. Been having movie presentations the last 2 days starring the junkies that have been looking over our fences and hauling away the stuff they've stolen. The cops are slowly learning that this is a law and order neighborhood and their junkie partners in crime aren't wanted here.

My buddy William is running in the next provincial election as a member of the Green party, roflmao, he knows that I'm not voting for him but I'll still put his sign on the yard. When it's all said and done he'll still be President of the community association but more people will know him and his political connections will be better. It looks like I'm going to take another of these social subsidy grants courses, they match the course attendees 3 to 1 for every $ you save up to $75 a month. Save $75 get $225 in grant funds, course lasts 6 months and is as difficult as staying awake in class 2 nights a week. I'm finally getting started on this Ebay store program and the course is extra money in 8 months when its done. The last time I applied for one of these savings programs at Momentum I wound up teaching a financial Literacy course for 2 sessions while attending the investment savings program. The administration refused to sign the next teaching contract when they figured out that Uof HK has nothing to do with University of Hong Kong, lol. The Investment Board had no problem as the course success rate went up because I got rid of the scammers within the first 3 classes. These programs are so easy that homeless people were signing up and the Administrator and instructors were giving them full credit for course completion whether they finished or failed. The investors get a tax credit if the attendee has achieved their goals and can show the benefits 6 months later. Real success rates were running at 35%, by getting rid of the scammers my 6 month success rate jumped to over 80%, oops.

Cats are bugging me right now so ttyl, thanks for coming aboard 1stfox, in 2 weeks I'm back in the shop as life should be out of the way by then.

This doesn't always work.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:24 PM
niko20
Senior User
niko20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
oh jeez that safe injection site crap.....

Old 01-22-2019, 08:54 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
f-them dopers

Old 01-22-2019, 09:43 PM
privateer, eh
Danger City Kitty
privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.privateer, eh has a spectacular reputation.
Smart girl, just has a misguided logic, she brings up the argument that when I was in Winnipeg that we started a needle exchange program. She doesn't realize that I was working at the Lighthouse mission in the heart of skid row with the bikers selling dope out of the hotels in the area of which 2 were within 100' of our front door. The program kept junkies from stealing out of drug stores, slowed down the spread of disease, and they got 2 sandwiches and 2 rigs with every exchange plus we got the old rigs off the street. The kids in the telephone room got protection from the bikers and so did the staff, we didn't make it easier for them to do dope, we just made it cleaner. We did a detox study as part of a federal government grant application and this 3 day study took close to 6 weeks to get finished, to put it mildly, these short term detox programs can only help a small percentage of addicts and most of those ones are well educated or have been in leadership roles. Well over 95% of addicts need to be part of a multi year program and theres a moderate % of them that can never really be cured do to the damage done and the age they started at. Most of our qualified information came from native leaders that had been dealing with the problem hands on for 20 to 40 years, we knew jack squat in comparison and it was part of our trade. When I was a teen my mother was the editor for Professor Sam Corrigan and his Journal of Native Studies, so that was my way in to the better reserves and Pow Wows. It was actually a lot of fun cruising to reserves in Sam's station wagon, he couldn't drive, but his stories of travelling through tribal countries, getting malaria, being chased by animals, snakes and spiders were wild. He was white as snow, sick as a dog but he was the man with the brain when it came to Anthropological studies on our native population and was well respected everywhere we went.

My break from creating this inventory list has to come to an end unfortunately,getting these things started is the hardest part so of course I'm starting with the items that I know nothing about and have to research them in order to know what they are and their value. When I get to the products that are common to me it'll be really easy to list them and my pace will really pick up, let's hope I'm not back to drinking or doing dope by then. lol

On a side note, this is an area referred to as Forest Harlem as it has a reputation and now has a safe injection site, buut, we denied a pot store their liscence permit so this is one of the few areas in town that doesn't have a pot store even though there's pretty much a liquor store and/ or a bar on every corner.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:51 PM
fe390pc
Posting Guru
fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.
Great to see you are having fun watching the festivities. Just hope that they start slowing down for you sir.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
ya them pot store are poppin up all over Alaska here too. just what we need more stuff for people to get addicted to and drive while using. killing the innocents in their quest to be high

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
fe390pc
Posting Guru
fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey buddy, how are you doing with the weather up there? Hope all is well!