6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Shout out to Super Duty Service!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:47 PM
jrlayden
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shout out to Super Duty Service!

I wanted to take a minute and share my experience with Anthony and Julie of Super Duty Service in Grain Valley, MO. My red 2004 f-350 has almost 300k miles on it so naturally it needs some major maintenance done. I have had no-start issues in the past and have resolved them all myself, until the HPOP went bad. I trailered the truck to their shop at 8pm a couple Thursday's ago. When I got there they helped push the truck into the first service bay and started the diagnosis. After ruling out a couple things they did an air test of the high pressure oil system and determined the pump was bad. Most fail at <175k so mine making it 275k was a miracle. After a couple complimentary sodas, I left the shop around 11pm. A couple days later they called and said it would be done Saturday afternoon. Julie also asked if she could add a touch of color under the hood. As long as it wasn't extra I was for it. When I arrived Anthony proceeded to inform me of all the misplaced bolts/nuts/wiring as a result of my previous mechanical endeavors. He also resolved all of those issues with extra parts from their "boneyard." Well, the truck wasn't done yet so I had the pleasure of watching Anthony's careful work and do a little wrenching too. As I looked around the shop I noticed a red intake manifold, turbo housing, turbo heat shield, Intake boot, fan shroud, etc. It was all professionally cleaned and painted with nice engine paint.
It made me want to go hoodless! After some final coolant flushes Anthony wanted to drive it and make sure there weren't any leaks or issues. The first turn out of the shop was into the local cars wash, at SDS's expense. A 20 mile drive later we were back at the shop and nothing was out of order. I couldn't be happier with the experience and was more then glad to pay for the services. Anthony and Julie (who isn't your typical phone-answering female in the shop) were professional, clean, careful, and committed to make sure I left the shop with a truck in top condition. I'm tempted to drive the 90 minutes every time I need an oil change, just to spend time with fellow 6.0 lovers. If you have a 6.0 Powerstroke, it will need some major maintenance. If you're within 3000 miles, you owe it to yourself and your truck to head to the Midwest. You'll find a husband and wife team who live to love on your truck.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:57 PM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They are keepers for sure Glad you got fixed up and had a great experience--which is to be expected with SDS anyway!!

2006 F350 4X4

Old 02-15-2015, 09:08 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
SDS is some the best service out there
Care and attention to detail you just can't find these days make them one of the best shops out there

Old 02-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
Is this a duplicate thread??? Am I delirious or did I just read this?? Lol

But it was a pleasure to have you at the shop Jeremy. I guess we squeaked out another happy customer. Lol.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
Oh,,, I just saw you posted on the sd side too!!! I don't get much interaction from them. They're tough cookies over there. Lol.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:16 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
SDS is one of the very few shops I'd let work on my truck

There's just so many hacks out there anymore

Old 02-16-2015, 08:21 PM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Agreed-- same here!!!

2006 F350 4X4

Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
They should be called a M.A.S.H unit for the 6.0..........best care anywhere.........keep it up guys,you are making a great name for yourselves all over the net!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
90 minutes away? I drove 1200 miles (one-way) to visit them last May for the Get-To-Gether they hosted! IT was well worth the trip! and I got great '08+ style tow mirrors installed too. They are great people!

Old 02-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
90 minutes away? I drove 1200 miles (one-way) to visit them last May for the Get-To-Gether they hosted! IT was well worth the trip! and I got great '08+ style tow mirrors installed too. They are great people!
Steve was TRUCKIN!!!! Or should I say EXCURSINNNN,,, or however that should be spelled. Lol.

You guys are GREAT!!!! It's very cool that we have shaken hands with quite a few of you all too,,, (cough,cough). Sux we didn't meet up Benny.... Next time!!!

Geography is a bummer,, but I guess if everyone lived next door to me,, I'd be out of business. Lots of very knowledgable people on here.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:10 PM
gporonsk
New User
Shout out to Xterme Performance in Jackson Michigan

Not to take ANYTHING away from SDS, in fact I wish I were closer so I could visit,. BUT. XTERME PERFORMANCE in Jackson Michigan, on US127 also known as Meridan Road is ALSO a great place. I've been there 3 times and All 3 times they more then exceeded my expectations. On two times doing things as comp work, just because Brian is that kind of guy. He's done an EGR delete for me and then replaced o-ring seals in the heads because the heads were off anyway and seals looked like they were on the way out and didn't want to have to have another big charge to replace them shortly. I didn't have funds at the time so it was a part chg only. This time HPOP went away and he gave me the blue spring treatment. Work is always fast fairly priced and professionally done.

Jerry P
2006 F250 Lariat Crew.
SCT Tuner Black Diamond HEad Gaskets
ARP studs , Sinister EGR Delete, Blue Spring.
Well, now new HPOP too.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:42 AM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
Ok I have thought about this and have to ask,,, What orings were replaced,, while the heads were off,, during a delete install??

I also was wondering,, did you get the hpop replaced on an 05?? Are you sure it wasn't the stc fitting?? We are very detailed and thorough on here,, so I had to ask.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:53 AM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
Would that be the 2nd late HPOP you've ever heard of (I think you still have an open challenge of seeing one) going, Anthony?!

Any chance you guys would move a bit closer to the west coast???!

Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Super Duty Service
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Would that be the 2nd late HPOP you've ever heard of (I think you still have an open challenge of seeing one) going, Anthony?!

Any chance you guys would move a bit closer to the west coast???!
I actually do,,, I tell all customers that if its a late model hpop that they have out,,, I will GIVE them a replacement. I have accumulated quite a few late model pumps since I've been buying every salvage engine in town.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:33 AM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by Super Duty Service
I actually do,,, I tell all customers that if its a late model hpop that they have out,,, I will GIVE them a replacement. I have accumulated quite a few late model pumps since I've been buying every salvage engine in town.
Damn you are up late... shouldn't you be: ??

Quick Reply: Shout out to Super Duty Service!