6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Duallys Only

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 04:38 PM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Don,

I just looked at 17 450's. Yes look great, and the detail between the cab and the bed will certainly reduce drag. the funny 11-15 dually fenders attracted bugs and chips, but sure made it easy to get to the 5er hitch lock. the 17 fenders are more aerodynamic and more solid, but move me about 5 inches further away from the hitch lock. not as bad as the 08 and older; kinda splits the difference.

the side rails and bed height on the truck are a good 1.5 inches higher than my 2015, but sliding into the drivers seat is easier and I have more headroom doing so. big concern is the bed height impact on ability to tow older 5ers like it did when they raised the beds in 2010/1. My 5er is 13' 6" tall to ride level on my 2015 and old 2011.

Have you slid your truck under the 5er yet - does the 5er ride level or nose high? do you have good side rail clearance?

is your 5er a 2017 model? if so, they must have they raised the 2017 5ers under-nose height to match the trucks?

thanks.

Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
Sold my Truck slide in camper and moved to a small 5th wheel (9000 lbs) and just did not need the dually anymore, so went SRW.
Picked it up 2 weeks ago...

Old 10-27-2016, 09:15 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnD333
Don,

I just looked at 17 450's. Yes look great, and the detail between the cab and the bed will certainly reduce drag. the funny 11-15 dually fenders attracted bugs and chips, but sure made it easy to get to the 5er hitch lock. the 17 fenders are more aerodynamic and more solid, but move me about 5 inches further away from the hitch lock. not as bad as the 08 and older; kinda splits the difference.

the side rails and bed height on the truck are a good 1.5 inches higher than my 2015, but sliding into the drivers seat is easier and I have more headroom doing so. big concern is the bed height impact on ability to tow older 5ers like it did when they raised the beds in 2010/1. My 5er is 13' 6" tall to ride level on my 2015 and old 2011.

Have you slid your truck under the 5er yet - does the 5er ride level or nose high? do you have good side rail clearance?

is your 5er a 2017 model? if so, they must have they raised the 2017 5ers under-nose height to match the trucks?

thanks.
John, have not slid my 5er under yet as waiting on components to install my Reese I took out of my '15. My 5er is a 16, but they have not made any changes. It already rides a bit nose up, not much I took all I could out of it, so I am a bit worried on how much...

I do miss my dually and prob would have bought one if they had one in stock that had everything I wanted on it. I personally like them, have had 2 and enjoy driving them...

Old 10-28-2016, 12:35 AM
goatram
Mountain Pass

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dlibson
That's a heck of a nice truck Don. Makes sence on the dually part.
I thought after I sold my Camper I would not need the 2011 DRW. Traded it in on a 2014 Platinum F350. First time hooking up my 15,500lb Boat to the hitch I regretted my choice. Kicked myself for a year before I made a deal on the 2015 DRW. Swapped out the Shocks, Overload Springs, Headache Rack, and the electric Boat Horns. Thursday Night at 11 completed the deal by text and told the DW she was my carpool Buddy for the run to the dealer. New truck did not have the visor with the remote for the garage door. Cost a $100 to swap it out.

Don It ain't right you posting up that pretty truck and Hound Dog. Ya melt the heart. I want one now. I must resist.

Edit:How does the headroom in the back seat compare between the trucks. I thought the back seat on the 2017's was less in the headroom department.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:01 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by goatram
I thought after I sold my Camper I would not need the 2011 DRW. Traded it in on a 2014 Platinum F350. First time hooking up my 15,500lb Boat to the hitch I regretted my choice. Kicked myself for a year before I made a deal on the 2015 DRW. Swapped out the Shocks, Overload Springs, Headache Rack, and the electric Boat Horns. Thursday Night at 11 completed the deal by text and told the DW she was my carpool Buddy for the run to the dealer. New truck did not have the visor with the remote for the garage door. Cost a $100 to swap it out.

Don It ain't right you posting up that pretty truck and Hound Dog. Ya melt the heart. I want one now. I must resist.

Edit:How does the headroom in the back seat compare between the trucks. I thought the back seat on the 2017's was less in the headroom department.
Ya can't have Duke the Blood Hound, but can work a deal on the truck...

I would suspect that with a 15.5 boat hitched up that dually brings a lot to the table....

Old 10-28-2016, 10:05 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by goatram
I'm 6'5" tall. If I sit up straight in the back of my 2017 with the massive moonroof, my head brushes the ceiling. No issue in the front. Without the sunroof, I can sit up perfectly straight in the back with headroom to spare. The problem is the sunshade is on a roller and it is located over the rear seats.

The 2017 truck has its seats mounted lower to the floor than the 2016 trucks in an effort to gain head room. That makes it slightly less comfortable for a long-legged person. Overall, I'm very comfortable.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
I'm 6'5" tall. If I sit up straight in the back of my 2017 with the massive moonroof, my head brushes the ceiling. No issue in the front. Without the sunroof, I can sit up perfectly straight in the back with headroom to spare. The problem is the sunshade is on a roller and it is located over the rear seats.

The 2017 truck has its seats mounted lower to the floor than the 2016 trucks in an effort to gain head room. That makes it slightly less comfortable for a long-legged person. Overall, I'm very comfortable.
Reason number 261 why I hate moon roofs....

Old 10-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,990 Likes on 1,597 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Reason number 261 why I hate moon roofs....
Try a Sun Roof.........

Old 10-28-2016, 12:43 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Try a Sun Roof...
Roy, does your truck have a moonroof? I can't remember!

Old 10-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Try a Sun Roof.........

Tomato / Tomato ... same-o....
They all suck.
They all leak (eventually).
They all cost too much money for what little usefulness they have..

No thanks...

Old 10-28-2016, 12:52 PM
troverman
Hotshot
They all suck.

No thanks...
Randy, I've never met someone with such a strong hatred of sun / moonroofs. Really like your truck, though!

Old 10-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Randy, I've never met someone with such a strong hatred of sun / moonroofs. Really like your truck, though!
The only thing I hate more than those roofs is Sirius... please don't ask....

The dually is now gone and the 2017 is coming in the spring. Too bad there is no way to leave out the Sirius...

Old 10-28-2016, 01:41 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
The only thing I hate more than those roofs is Sirius... please don't ask....

The dually is now gone and the 2017 is coming in the spring. Too bad there is no way to leave out the Sirius...

Let it expire

Old 10-28-2016, 01:52 PM
troverman
Hotshot
I've been a Sirius subscriber since 2010. I pay about $10/mo. I bought a 2012 F-250 XLT which did not have Sirius, so I called to cancel. They sent me a dash-mount color screen unit for free which worked in the aux port. No strings attached. So I maintained the subscription, and still do. I really only care about 8 channels or less, but I feel like I'd miss not having it. Sound quality is generally poor. I do like the fuel prices and weather radar screen you can pull up, though.

I understand why you probably hate it...the incessant calling you to try to get you to resubscribe, or up your plan, or add internet radio...and all the foreigners you cannot understand...or how they try to tap into your bank account...

Old 10-28-2016, 03:07 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They all suck.

No thanks...
I have one on my truck but I never use it (bought truck used), I don't really care for them. Every Lariat or higher I've seen sitting on a lot has the sunroof.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
I've been a Sirius subscriber since 2010. I pay about $10/mo. I bought a 2012 F-250 XLT which did not have Sirius, so I called to cancel. They sent me a dash-mount color screen unit for free which worked in the aux port. No strings attached. So I maintained the subscription, and still do. I really only care about 8 channels or less, but I feel like I'd miss not having it. Sound quality is generally poor. I do like the fuel prices and weather radar screen you can pull up, though.

I understand why you probably hate it...the incessant calling you to try to get you to resubscribe, or up your plan, or add internet radio...and all the foreigners you cannot understand...or how they try to tap into your bank account...
So - you miss the last exit for fuel headed west on I40 out of Albuquerque because two idiots are parked on the exit blocking it... No problem because there has to be another fuel stop soon.
The ONE TIME I really relied on Sirius's system to tell me where the next fuel stop it let me down hard.
Here you can see that it's telling me that Canoncito is a little more than 5 miles ahead. Well, actually the EXIT is five or so miles ahead... I commit as there is no place to turn around and go back anyway until I hit that exit.
Once you hit the exit, it tells you to turn right. Then another 9 miles to the gas station...
The second picture is the gas station it is sending you to...
Sirius can once again kiss my rosey red @zz
I ended up going all the way back to Albuquerque to fuel up and then head back west. Oh, and the next actual fuel stop was really 32 miles down the road.
Don't put a lot of faith in Sirius....
Yeah and cancel it or let it expire? I had to threaten them with my states Attorney Generals office to get them to quit nagging me to renew! They finally got me on the DO NOT CALL HIM UNDER ANY CONDITIONS list...

Quick Reply: Duallys Only