6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Duallys Only

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:13 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm only running 65 PSI in all 6 tires... You run lower than that?

I have the General Grabber HT tires..

Old 04-14-2015, 07:55 AM
wingedone
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Maybe I'm the minority here, but everytime I see one of those all I think is scratches, scratches, and more scratches.

I'm thinking "Bikini's will get many more vehicles stopping and being washed".

Old 04-14-2015, 07:58 AM
wingedone
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Any of you other late model dually owners have the 40-45 MPH shudder issue?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15268184

Not me. Is that a 4x4 issue, versus 4x2?

Old 04-14-2015, 08:00 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by wingedone
I'm thinking "Bikini's will get many more vehicles stopping and being washed".
You know what Thomas... I had those very same thoughts and was gonna say something, but then I thought - Nah, they'll think I'm just a dirty Ol' man....

Well, out of the closet I come as long as I'm not standing alone!!!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:11 AM
Specularius
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big-Foot....I tell my wife all the time I got the Dirty part down, now I just got to live long enough to be OLD!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:31 AM
54BARN
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spec. Don't talk to loud about the getting old part. It will be there before you know it, you will wake one morning and BAM your old. And as far as the dirty old man part, your tool will just be something else to wash.
But as long as there is not a gopher bringing your mail life is good.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:50 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 54BARN
I wish they would offer a 4:10, I would be all over it. That is a big jump from 3:73 to 4:30.
4:10 would be my choice, wide track 350 or 450.
Yearn for the choices of years ago when you could order the ratio you wanted, and more then just 2 choices as well.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:16 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by wingedone
Not me. Is that a 4x4 issue, versus 4x2?
I don't know Thomas... In that other thread, it seemed to be a pretty good cross section of all the Crew Cab trucks.. Suspecting that it is driveshaft related at this point....

As I said in the other thread, by the sound of it, it is something that I will probably have to learn to live with - or prepare for a long drawn out battle with Ford... I am really not nutty about either idea...

I can't afford another truck and I can't afford to take the time to try a bazillion things with Ford or my dealership..

Old 04-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Thenewboss
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
.....and a trip to the ER.......
Almost, I settled for a handful of Motrin and called it a night...

Old 04-15-2015, 07:29 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by dualwheels66
Bigger tires are on my to do list. My goal is to get 275-65-20 which are a Ford factory sized tire that fit on the SRW's so won't need a lift. In my search for new wheels I have found Eagle 058 series in 20x7.5 and Americanforce Independence 20x 7.5, still trying to decide on which one I like better and trying to save up the cash. The AF wheels are way more expensive than the Eagles. I was on the phone with Summit Racing a while back(actually several phone calls) and they now have access the the 20 inch wheels from Eagle, they have the 16's and 17's in stock but Eagle is slow in making the 20's. The 20's are available but they are made as people order them around 8-10 weeks lead time. What I like about the AF wheels and the Eagle wheels is that there are no spacers needed between the rears, the wheels are made with the correct offsets to accomodate wider tires.
I used to sell Eagle wheels at my shop (performance parts & acc). Hated dealing with them here in Canada. Worst customer service of any vendor, never had wheels I wanted and could never tell me when they'd have them. Would take months to get a set of wheels if they weren't sitting in the Cdn warehouse.

How about super singles on the back?

Originally Posted by Thenewboss
Just one front loader scoop, roughly 4200...

Ps...Took almost 1 hour to shovel it all out, then another half hour to rake it all out, and finally 15 minutes to power wash to bed out.
What do you guys do to cover the 5th puck holes? I have the plugs in but the bed openings always fill up with crap. Had screenings in last year and took forever to get it all out of the opening gaps.

Originally Posted by Ferguson65
The rack on the gooseneck was something custom I built using fork mounts, basically a giant "T" that pinned in the receiver that was welded under the pop up.

For the new hauler, I looked at a lot of mass produced options as I wanted wheels on for ease of storage. Highly considered a Pipeline rack, but with the length of the bikes they would take up the ENTIRE 12' garage. A buddy mentioned some vertical racks, but there's nowhere to "hang" the bikes in the trailer. So out came the drawing board again. I'm back to fork mounts, but they are raised 30" off the ground, keeping the bikes on an angle should only take about 9'. Then store the wheels underneath. I have it made from wood right now, but once it's all ironed out I'd like to have it duplicated in aluminum.

The bikes on the trailer that year weren't too exciting, all mountain bikes, but we've all upgraded. I'm riding a 2014 Banshee Spitfire 27.5, and buddies have Kona Satori, Banshee Rune, Banshee Prime, Knolly Chilicotin, Marin Attack Trail, Liteville 301. Along with some hardtails and some fatbikes. I'm looking at a Transition TransAM for the less rough days. We all quit for wheeling, sold our jeeps and bought bikes. It's so much more fun. Other than the tree I crashed into tonight......................... I wanted to keep mine, and anyone else who comes with ride's inside, and not trash the trailer. I couldn't find that in anything other than a toyhauler. My pedals will gut your calves if you lose track of them for a second, would sure trash doorjambs on a trailer!
We all like to go mtn biking here too. Downhill with my boys is a lot of fun although I rent a bike for that as it is pretty hard on the bike. If you don't crash hard at least once then you weren't going at it enough

Old 04-15-2015, 07:55 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
I don't have anything go thru the holes for the pucks. There is a hard rubber around the puck that keeps it all clean plus the plug that goes into the puck itself.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:28 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by senix
I don't have anything go thru the holes for the pucks. There is a hard rubber around the puck that keeps it all clean plus the plug that goes into the puck itself.
I may be missing the piece around the puck in the floor, I can see daylight around my 5th wheel mount points in the bed.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
We all like to go mtn biking here too. Downhill with my boys is a lot of fun although I rent a bike for that as it is pretty hard on the bike. If you don't crash hard at least once then you weren't going at it enough

We say the same thing. Have to run right up to that line of where you're talent runs out. Then you crash or hit a tree.

Originally Posted by PlayersZ28
I may be missing the piece around the puck in the floor, I can see daylight around my 5th wheel mount points in the bed.

I don't have them either Steve. Senix and a few others do. I did not know they were supposed to be there til he posted pics of his. Unfortunately my truck was a 6 plus months old at that point and the dealer did nothing. My buddy has a 2011 from another dealer that has nothing around the pucks either. Apparently the dealer is supposed to install them, and some have found them in the truck. I've searched the inside of my truck top to bottom and not found them.

I have a thick rubber bedmat that I roll out over them to seal the bed up and keep stuff in. Though since I picked up a dump trailer now I don't intend to put bulk material in the bed anymore.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:00 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
You know what Thomas... I had those very same thoughts and was gonna say something, but then I thought - Nah, they'll think I'm just a dirty Ol' man....

Well, out of the closet I come as long as I'm not standing alone!!!
You say that, as if that was a problem......

"Dirty Old Man" is an earned label for Experienced Mature connoisseur of fine women...................

Old 04-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Originally Posted by 54BARN
Spec. Don't talk to loud about the getting old part. It will be there before you know it, you will wake one morning and BAM your old. And as far as the dirty old man part, your tool will just be something else to wash.
But as long as there is not a gopher bringing your mail life is good.
.......I can agree with that.......

Quick Reply: Duallys Only