window seals revisited a general call out

Old 02-13-2015, 12:49 AM
scoobyvanjack
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
window seals revisited a general call out

Sorry been out of touch for a while. moved out to sin city shipped the van too.
(hopefully it will at some point handle a vacay drive back to MD. and back)
I was still fiddling around with a flat spot on mid range accel when we left MD. The old gal loves the change in altitude. She'll smoke the tires at near 40 mph.
SOoo has anything new evolved on the pop out window seals? I've about given up and will likely get the seals from macs for the fixed glass. now comes the fun part getting the glass out of the channels in one piece. Had to cut out a botched patch job upper half over the rt rr. wheel. Still need to shrink the pnl. before I form the new patch. A few pin holes and the outer skin will be ready for filler and final prep. started to try my hand at the upholstery. Bought left over fabric and tuned up and studied up on may aunts old zig-zag. stripped the drivers seat and made notes and saved the old parts for patterns. turns out its been re-done before ok to look at but did the best with what they had and was able to get a pre-made cover at the time. the passenger seat was still untouched beat to hell but unmolested. Remnant's of the listing wires. cords.burlap batting and foam still enough to recreate the original suspension of the seat griddle. I put a practice cover over it and will return to that later on. Well gotta git if anyone has any insights on the pop out seals please share.

Thanks
svj

Old 03-24-2015, 04:20 PM
alarmmedic
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window seals

Hi. I was wondering the same things and have basically given up on the window seals. I glued my two old ones back together that the paint guy cut in pieces the other two he through out. I bought the only remaining one in the country from Nos after they lowered the price to 75 dollars. And for the missing window I bought some thick stick on foam weather stripping from space age auto paint store here in Mesa Az. It was a little thicker and harder to close the window but it closes easy. There are no leaks. You cannot tell from the outside but from the inside you can see the difference of the seals and looks tacky but it works and I have vented windows. I bought the outer seals that go on the window from tim brogan I believe his name was, I think from Tennessee. He was trying to get a company to make the seals that go on the frame of the door but it never materialized.