Sponsored by: Moser

Very disappointed ford warranty...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Speedjester
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very disappointed ford warranty...

Brought a new 2014 f150 8 month ago(6800 miles) and the passengerside bottom seat cushion has completely unstitched... Brought it in dealer said I would be covered under the 36k bumper to bumper they took some pictures.. Well today I get notified by the service writer that ford had denied the claim as they believe it was snagged..But had agreed to have the seat re stitched... service writer agrees it probably won't hold since the entire seat needs to restitched..I contact customer service..they put me on hold.. They come back and tell me exact words "it may not be a quality repair.. But it will be repaired under warranty".. .that's all we can do... Very disappointed in Ford...

Old 02-10-2015, 05:00 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Leather or cloth?

If you get to choose the upholstery shop, and talk to them when you drop off the truck, then it may not turn out too bad. Not trying to talk you out of being thoroughly disgusted with Ford on this, but am trying to let you see the bright side if you can somehow manage the task.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Speedjester
Senior User
It's a cloth seat... Leather gets rather uncomfortable in The Florida sun... They tell me they use a particular company that comes to them.. But they admitt they have never used them for a job like this...(every single seam has become un stitched..) and are confident its going to be a real mistake to attempt to re stitch...(So I sure dont have much hope )...But that what they (Ford warranty)wants to do......The Customer service lady.. Put me on hold for almost 15 minutes .. Then came back and said sorry... Even though everyone is saying it not the correct repair that's what ford warranty wants to address the issue... I can't get over her statement. " it may not be a quality repair...but it will be replaired under warranty"...

Old 02-10-2015, 05:37 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Take your truck by an upholstery shop and get their opinion. You might get a totally different outlook. This might be a case when you have to get more educated than the dealer in order to get the outcome you want.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Speedjester
Senior User
I've restored quite a few cars... And have dealt with upholstery shops...Its hit or miss.... I know that a lot of the edges of the material are frayed.. So they would need to tighten up the material... Or risk stitching to close to the edge....That may make the upholstery pucker and the foam not line up.....

Old 02-11-2015, 04:51 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
After it's restitched I'd consider a set of high quality seat covers to protect it.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
The fabric isn't permanently attached to the seat cushion, they are just covers. Stinks that Ford won't pay to replace the cover, but it looks like you can get your hands on one for around $120 from Tousley Ford Parts. You shouldn't have to pay for it, but if worse comes to worst it's far from the most expensive part on the truck.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Arrow

Where's one of the FORD Reps at?? I can almost tell you the response(s). BUT would be interested in reply.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Speedjester
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tom
The fabric isn't permanently attached to the seat cushion, they are just covers. Stinks that Ford won't pay to replace the cover, but it looks like you can get your hands on one for around $120 from Tousley Ford Parts. You shouldn't have to pay for it, but if worse comes to worst it's far from the most expensive part on the truck.

Wow..$120. .I didn't bother to look .. dealer told me it would be $700-800 .. And just restitching would be around $500-600..very disappointed ...

Old 02-11-2015, 01:22 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedjester
Brought a new 2014 f150 8 month ago(6800 miles) and the passengerside bottom seat cushion has completely unstitched... Brought it in dealer said I would be covered under the 36k bumper to bumper they took some pictures.. Well today I get notified by the service writer that ford had denied the claim as they believe it was snagged..But had agreed to have the seat re stitched... service writer agrees it probably won't hold since the entire seat needs to restitched..I contact customer service..they put me on hold.. They come back and tell me exact words "it may not be a quality repair.. But it will be repaired under warranty".. .that's all we can do... Very disappointed in Ford...
Send me your info in a PM, Speedjester; I want to research this further and see what I can do to help. In your message, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 02-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Speedjester
Senior User

Old 02-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Speedjester
Senior User
Well they sent seat out to be restitched.. Got it back Friday .. Saturday started getting a warning to remove object from front seat ... ( there is nothing on front seat ) Monday notice Seam letting go again.. Went back to dealer.. Doesn't have any Idea what's going on said will try to resubmit for replacement.. I then expressed that I needed him to fight on my behalf and to appeal.. Which he has said he has done.( but I'm being informed by customer service he hasn't ) so now I not only have a unstitched seat .. But no passenger airbags when the light goes on ... I knew this was going to be the outcome.. So now I have a 8 month old truck that I can't safely drive.. All because ford decide to try and to quote customer service ( it may not be a quality repair but it will be repaired under warrant.. )

Crystal.. Anything left we can do...

Old 02-17-2015, 11:40 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedjester
Well they sent seat out to be restitched.. Got it back Friday .. Saturday started getting a warning to remove object from front seat ... ( there is nothing on front seat ) Monday notice Seam letting go again.. Went back to dealer.. Doesn't have any Idea what's going on said will try to resubmit for replacement.. I then expressed that I needed him to fight on my behalf and to appeal.. Which he has said he has done.( but I'm being informed by customer service he hasn't ) so now I not only have a unstitched seat .. But no passenger airbags when the light goes on ... I knew this was going to be the outcome.. So now I have a 8 month old truck that I can't safely drive.. All because ford decide to try and to quote customer service ( it may not be a quality repair but it will be repaired under warrant.. )

Crystal.. Anything left we can do...
Hi Speedjester,

I'll re-open your case and get this back into the hands of your CSM. PM me a confirmation of your best daytime phone number and I'll get to work.

Crystal

Old 02-17-2015, 02:53 PM
PIJoe
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, why doesn't Ford just buy a seat cover, way under $150 their cost, and have it installed. They go through all of this crap, and step over a dollar to pick up a dime, and manage to step on the customer in the process. Unreal.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Speedjester
Senior User
I saw a few of the emails warranty department sent my service writer.. First they saw these diamond patterns cut into the upholstery and a said hey were snags.. Service writer points out they are not snags but factory patterns cut in the material so they can line it up to have pattern match prior to stitching.. ... They respond regardless replacing the bottom on the seat is " over repair" ... (Every stitch on the bottom seat cushion had come apart) .. Even though didn't see the cost..service writer said it was over $500...

So now.. They had a few techs step out and look at it... Service writer pushes on seat to show damaged seam.. And you can hear / see the threads braking and the hole growing... As fr he warning on the display..no one can explain why I keep getting the warning to "remove object from front passenger seat..... " .. I don't know seems obvious to me... It wasn't displaying any warnings before they sent the seat out to be re-stitched... So it must be an issue with what they did.... Now my wife doesn't want to ride in the truck since she's afraid either the air bag will not deploy or it might accidentally deploy..... So now I have it parked since I don't know and no one can tell me if it's actually safe to drive..

Quick Reply: Very disappointed ford warranty...