Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Tool bag for picking up my new PowerStroke 7.3 - And now, Skippy's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Baatzy
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck, and good job on taking pictures and documenting everything. It makes for a good story to read.

Baatzy

Old 02-23-2015, 01:39 PM
pwstroker69
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaintITC
I have an e99, so that may be the difference, but where does that coolant line go, the one that's tee'd off from the tank?
Nice job Glowplugger, just enjoyed reading your posts and watching you encounter the learning curve we're all having so much fun with.
SaintITC, if you're talking about the tee in the line east of the coolant tank, that looks like the tee I installed with my coolant bypass filter kit.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:58 PM
petrokiller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 239 Likes on 162 Posts
Nothing like putting on the swim cap and diving right in.
I have pretty good salvage yard here if ya me go check on sending unit. Need the yrs they interchangeable.

I have a 5 yr old project slower downer with me all the time. LOL Love every minute.

Looks like truck was used for mud bogging too. Sounds like you have her going your way though.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:12 PM
pilgrimbizket
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn frugal Scottish lol

Old 02-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Baatzy
Congratulations on the new truck, and good job on taking pictures and documenting everything. It makes for a good story to read.

Baatzy
Thanks! I'm kinda left brained so step-by-stepping is easier for me to go back and re-read when I mess things up. I re-read a lot.

Originally Posted by pwstroker69
Nice job Glowplugger, just enjoyed reading your posts and watching you encounter the learning curve we're all having so much fun with.
Thanks for reading! Diesels sure are a different animal I'm finding out.

Originally Posted by petrokiller
Nothing like putting on the swim cap and diving right in.
I have pretty good salvage yard here if ya me go check on sending unit. Need the yrs they interchangeable.

I have a 5 yr old project slower downer with me all the time. LOL Love every minute.

Looks like truck was used for mud bogging too. Sounds like you have her going your way though.
Wow Petrokiller, that'd be great! The compatible years are 1999-2003. Let me know what you find and how much. I saw one guy got the whole gas tank and everything for $75.00!

Originally Posted by pilgrimbizket
Darn frugal Scottish lol
You know pilgrimbizket, I once saw a Scotsman scraping off his wallpaper.
(you say, Oh, redecorating?)
Wait for it.....
No, he was moving.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:13 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
Received 786 Likes on 575 Posts
Great write up! The adventure begins!

That MAP line is super long for some reason.

Do the Hutch/Harpoon before you put the fuel tank back in.

Where the heck is the oil fill cap?!

Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2015, 09:20 PM
petrokiller
Fleet Mechanic
Ok I will try to call in the morning and sea wats up

Old 02-25-2015, 08:45 AM
petrokiller
Fleet Mechanic
Sorry Glowplugger the yard did not have any fuel tank assembly.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:48 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it great that your girls are involved in working on the truck. That's sweet I think it is great father/daughter time.
Your fuel tanks is nasty !!
Please make sure you clean that tank out good before putting it back together. Your injectors will thank you down the road if it isn't already to late. Also now is the time to do the hutch mod. Here is a link to the kit.
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-266...hutch-mod.aspx

Keep up the good work !

Old 02-26-2015, 09:52 PM
bielaf
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glowplugger I just bought a fuel tank off line cause mine has a hole in it anyways if then one I am getting comes with the sending unit I wouldn't mind sending it to you only thing is I honestly would know if it works properly I'm ordering abounch of stuff to fix the truck and when I get back in 7 months is when the fun begins. Just let me know what you decide the tank should be at the house around or before March 5th

Old 02-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by petrokiller
Sorry Glowplugger the yard did not have any fuel tank assembly.
That's OK. Thanks for looking! I ordered one from Rock Auto after reading your post yesterday. I justified it @ $312.00 saying at least it'll be the best it can be so I won't have to replace it again anytime soon. I really appreciate your checking.

Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
I think it great that your girls are involved in working on the truck. That's sweet I think it is great father/daughter time.
Your fuel tanks is nasty !!
Please make sure you clean that tank out good before putting it back together. Your injectors will thank you down the road if it isn't already to late. Also now is the time to do the hutch mod. Here is a link to the kit.
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-266...hutch-mod.aspx

Keep up the good work !
Yep! They sure make it easy and it's good practice for saying "Dang, Darn, Shucks, GOD-blessamerica" when I bang my fingers.
That hutch mod is definitely happening too. I may do the harpoon but I'm not 100% certain.

Originally Posted by bielaf
Glowplugger I just bought a fuel tank off line cause mine has a hole in it anyways if then one I am getting comes with the sending unit I wouldn't mind sending it to you only thing is I honestly would know if it works properly I'm ordering abounch of stuff to fix the truck and when I get back in 7 months is when the fun begins. Just let me know what you decide the tank should be at the house around or before March 5th
Thanks Bielaf! I went ahead and ordered one from Rock Auto. I hope it fits and works OK. Good luck with your project! These things are interesting beasts. What's the story on putting a hole in that poly tank?

Old 02-27-2015, 09:00 PM
AllaboutMPG
Logistics Pro
Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Glowplugger
I may do the harpoon but I'm not 100% certain.

Really enjoying your thread Glowplugger. Keep the pics coming. Tell the girls we're impressed with their work.

You should absolutely do the Harpoon. Quick and easy. It will make those fill ups a pleasure(as much as spending money on fuel can be anyway) instead of a pain. No down side at all.

Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Harpoon Mod Web Page

Old 02-28-2015, 09:42 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AllaboutMPG
Really enjoying your thread Glowplugger. Keep the pics coming. Tell the girls we're impressed with their work.

You should absolutely do the Harpoon. Quick and easy. It will make those fill ups a pleasure(as much as spending money on fuel can be anyway) instead of a pain. No down side at all.

Paul I agree on all points. I too am impressed with the work the girls are doing. It warms my heart to hear stories like this. I too have a little girl who actually takes an interest in helping Dad work on things. Which brings up another set of challenges which is trying not to have a foul mouth. I try my best not to swear around my little girl too.

The harpoon is a no brainer, it makes fueling up so much easier. I don't know what filler neck you have but if you don't have the large mouth filler neck then mod the neck too. Then you can fill up at the semi pumps without any issues.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by AllaboutMPG

Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Paul I agree on all points. I too am impressed with the work the girls are doing. It warms my heart to hear stories like this. I too have a little girl who actually takes an interest in helping Dad work on things. Which brings up another set of challenges which is trying not to have a foul mouth. I try my best not to swear around my little girl too.

The harpoon is a no brainer, it makes fueling up so much easier. I don't know what filler neck you have but if you don't have the large mouth filler neck then mod the neck too. Then you can fill up at the semi pumps without any issues.

Sorry guys, I misspoke. It's the HUTCH that I'm considering not doing. How do you guys feel about that?

I agree about the harpoon. That's soooo gonna happen

More pics soon. We're doing e brake and engine compartment stuff today and tomorrow.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:00 PM
AllaboutMPG
Logistics Pro
Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts
I highly recommend the Hutch as well. Get rid of the screens in the tank, if you get trash in the fuel someplace then you would have to drop the tank to clean it up. Get rid of the pre pump factory fuel line fittings, they are known to allow air to be sucked in and air is bad juju for injectors. Put a see through screen type filter pre pump so you can see if you have water, trash, air in your fuel. Just a good preventative mod and you already have it apart

Racor PS120-02 FUEL FILTER ASSY. PRE-SCREEN

Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Hutch Mod Web Page

Quick Reply: Tool bag for picking up my new PowerStroke 7.3 - And now, Skippy's Build Thread