Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Potential new chapter leader and/or stand in until one is found

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 02:10 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It takes a village....idiot. But I'm not interested or qualified.

I agree with most of what Wolf has posted. We've got a good core of regulars who visit and chat. The get togethers are fairly well attended by diesels and the better trucks ( )so a chapter leader wouldn't have too difficult a job. I think a bit more communication to members (maybe a once-a-month or two update) would go
a long way toward building some cohesiveness.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Having just reviewed the CL's TOOLKIT, I noticed that the CL doesn't necessarily have the ability to send a PM "Broadcast" to all chapter members. What happens is that they would ask a Moderator or Admin to send such a message out to everyone. This means that if somebody was putting a meet together, using a Broadcast PM to shout out to everyone and let them know about it is actually something that any one of us can do. ~Assuming there is a thread about the meet, and enough interest generated by the idea.

The CL does have a listing they can use to see who all is in the chapter, and as I recall I used to go to the member list of all FTE and sort it by state to see if there was anyone from here who didn't know about the chapter - that was a primary means of sending out invites to the chapter.

Lastly - the CL ends up being the decision maker regarding join requests. A pop-up message would appear on login much like an ordinary "Unread Message" notification. As it stands we have new members on auto-join. You request to join the chapter, and you are in the chapter, right then. SO that isn't a concern at the moment, nor is it a tough job to do. I only remember a few join requests ever being out of the ordinary, one of which was no less than glruff, who I encouraged to start the chapter for which he is justifiably notorious! (His reason for joining TN was that there WAS NO chapter for his own state) The rest is now FTE History...

I have never been very lucky at pulling G2G's together, I'm just not good at it. But for those who are, it may be a good way to make some things happen. I also got a PM from George, and he's right. I just have too much going on right now.

But anyway, there's some ideas to kick around.

And we must have a chapter leader, or else everything it is a total anarchy hier!!!

***snnnikkkerrrezzz***