Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Lost speedo, odometer, stuck in 5th, no power and airbag light...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Thanks Rob! So far so good. Truck will get a good run in on Friday when I head back to MA after work.

Crystal - I'll shoot you a PM later today or tomorrow. I would like to have my experience documented as the dealer took good care of me. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2015, 08:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbgt
...Crystal - I'll shoot you a PM later today or tomorrow. I would like to have my experience documented as the dealer took good care of me. Thanks!
Sounds good, Robb; I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

Crystal

Old 05-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Michael.a
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem

Originally Posted by Robbgt
Ok guys, last update of the day. Got my truck back this afternoon. Everything seems OK, but this was an intermittend problem to begin with. I will keep this thread updated if anything comes up. There was an updated part number for the molded leadframe, so that's what was installed. Here is a pic of the slip:

A quick shout out to Branford CT Ford for dealing with a particular PITA customer (I don't like anyone working on my truck), having a loaner available, and turning it around in a day. They were very professional.
I am having the exact same problem (word for word) with my 2012 f150. It has happened 3 times now. Have you had any problems since this?

Old 05-31-2016, 10:36 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Michael.a
I am having the exact same problem (word for word) with my 2012 f150. It has happened 3 times now. Have you had any problems since this?
Hi Michael, I have not had any issues since the TSB work was completed (knock on wood of course). If you are looking to have your dealer repair/replace under warranty, I would recommend printing and bring in the TSB with you, found here: http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb13-06-08.pdf

They tried to tell me that the Check Engine code was for a speed sensor. This TSB explains that it may throw a code for that even though the leadframe needs to be replaced.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out

Old 10-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Scotty Pflig
New User
Was this covered under the power train warranty? My truck started doing this right before I left and now my wife is dealing with the dealership while I’m out of the country. I’m sending this info to her so that she can pass the info to the tech.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:42 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Scotty Pflig
Was this covered under the power train warranty? My truck started doing this right before I left and now my wife is dealing with the dealership while I’m out of the country. I’m sending this info to her so that she can pass the info to the tech.
I checked my records and this was done while the bumper-bumper warranty was still good. I can't see why this wouldn't be covered by powertrain as it is part of the transmission.

Let us know how it goes and if we can be of any additional help.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 PM
sportsuburbangt
New User
I had the same problem. I had to bring it back 4 times. I made a video and emailed it before my 4th visit. They replaced the part and its now fine.

Now if they can do something about the bubbling paint on my tailgate. That is driving me crazy. I was told at 4.5 years old that there is nothing Ford will do.

Glad ford is looking at this thread, i'm probably going to sell this before the extended warranty expires, and get a Yukon. it looks like this lead frame can go again, and teh paint will probably start flaking off by then.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:42 AM
combat-24
New User
2013 f150 is it my leadframe ???

same problem stuck in 5th dash goes dead is it the leadframe as I'm talking to ford now about and have to pay myself 5 year old truck should not be doing this 115000

Old 03-14-2019, 02:28 PM
NZDave
New User
Not happy with Ford

My 2012 is at the dealer right now for the lead frame. Same symptoms as everyone else.

They called me and stated my VIN is not included in the extended warranty. My truck only has 55k miles on it. They didn't seem to care that this is a very common problem and the certainly didn't care what I thought.

So, same problem as everyone else and mine is not covered. I have bought several new Ford's from this dealer but thinking I don't like Ford much anymore.

Grrrr

Old 01-02-2020, 11:49 PM
Luiz Cristo
New User
Same problem

Originally Posted by NZDave
My 2012 is at the dealer right now for the lead frame. Same symptoms as everyone else.

They called me and stated my VIN is not included in the extended warranty. My truck only has 55k miles on it. They didn't seem to care that this is a very common problem and the certainly didn't care what I thought.

So, same problem as everyone else and mine is not covered. I have bought several new Ford's from this dealer but thinking I don't like Ford much anymore.

Grrrr

The same problem has happened with my 2013 f150. Did you solve it?

the Ford app shows me that there’s a recall. Just don’t know if it’s the same thing.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:09 AM
steve(ill)
Hotshot
Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
FORD has learned a lot about this problem in the last 12 months. They started with a Software Patch to make the speed pickup less sensitive and thought that would eliminate the random downshifts. A few months later they were still having trouble and decided the lead frame ( electrical connection in trans) was not just an isolated problem, as a few more instanced were noted. At that time they came out with an Extended Warranty that said they would fix any problem within 10 years or 150K miles ( I think, I don't have the letter in front of me)... So that covers your 2013 till 2023 or 150K miles... A lot more coverage now than they had 12 months ago.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:01 PM
DMcCumber
New User
Hello,

I'm having this same exact issue. Just started two weeks ago and has happened 4 times now. I'm looking for advice on the best way to get the dealership to actually look at this thread/forum?? My experience in the past has been that dealerships are not interested in what the customer thinks, believes, or has researched. I would really like to avoid multiple trips to the dealer and have this looked at with open eyes from their standpoint. Does anyone have any advice on how best to try to make that happen?

2012 F-150 - 122,xxx miles

Thanks in advance

Old 07-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by DMcCumber
Hello,

I'm having this same exact issue. Just started two weeks ago and has happened 4 times now. I'm looking for advice on the best way to get the dealership to actually look at this thread/forum?? My experience in the past has been that dealerships are not interested in what the customer thinks, believes, or has researched. I would really like to avoid multiple trips to the dealer and have this looked at with open eyes from their standpoint. Does anyone have any advice on how best to try to make that happen?

2012 F-150 - 122,xxx miles

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your issue. Not much you can do about getting the dealer to look at the forum, however I would suggest printing and bringing the TSB for this issue with you. I had a similar issues when they diagnosed mine as they wanted to replace speed sensor VS the leadframe. Here is the link: http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb13-06-08.pdf

There is an extended warranty put on the part so be sure to ask about that.

Best of luck getting it resolved

Old 09-19-2020, 03:43 PM
phantominmytruck
New User
I have a 2014 F 150 which was built in November 2013 after the recall for the lead assembly. My truck has tried to start from 3rd but the dealer could not reproduce so it was basically ignored by them.. Now my truck often exhibits the same problem as the lead assembly recall- speedo goes to zero, odometer is a series of dashes, trans stuck in 5th gear, air bag light on and wrench flashes.All goes away with a key restart. This truck is not safe to drive.Going back to dealer this week but without the recall extension on this model I am expecting a big bill.

Old 09-19-2020, 04:07 PM
rbentnail
More Turbo
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by phantominmytruck
I have a 2014 F 150 which was built in November 2013 after the recall for the lead assembly. My truck has tried to start from 3rd but the dealer could not reproduce so it was basically ignored by them.. Now my truck often exhibits the same problem as the lead assembly recall- speedo goes to zero, odometer is a series of dashes, trans stuck in 5th gear, air bag light on and wrench flashes.All goes away with a key restart. This truck is not safe to drive.Going back to dealer this week but without the recall extension on this model I am expecting a big bill.
Assuming you're in the USA, file a report with the NHSTA. And get Ford regional involved. You may get lucky.

Quick Reply: Lost speedo, odometer, stuck in 5th, no power and airbag light...