Lost speedo, odometer, stuck in 5th, no power and airbag light... - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Reload this Page >

Lost speedo, odometer, stuck in 5th, no power and airbag light...

Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150 Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost speedo, odometer, stuck in 5th, no power and airbag light...

Old 03-19-2015, 09:09 AM
Robbgt
Postmaster
Robbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Rob! So far so good. Truck will get a good run in on Friday when I head back to MA after work.

Crystal - I'll shoot you a PM later today or tomorrow. I would like to have my experience documented as the dealer took good care of me. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
FordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Robbgt View Post
...Crystal - I'll shoot you a PM later today or tomorrow. I would like to have my experience documented as the dealer took good care of me. Thanks!
Sounds good, Robb; I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

Crystal

Old 05-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Michael.a
New User
Michael.a is starting off with a positive reputation.
Problem

Originally Posted by Robbgt View Post
Ok guys, last update of the day. Got my truck back this afternoon. Everything seems OK, but this was an intermittend problem to begin with. I will keep this thread updated if anything comes up. There was an updated part number for the molded leadframe, so that's what was installed. Here is a pic of the slip:

A quick shout out to Branford CT Ford for dealing with a particular PITA customer (I don't like anyone working on my truck), having a loaner available, and turning it around in a day. They were very professional.
I am having the exact same problem (word for word) with my 2012 f150. It has happened 3 times now. Have you had any problems since this?

Old 05-31-2016, 11:36 AM
Robbgt
Postmaster
Robbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to beholdRobbgt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael.a View Post
I am having the exact same problem (word for word) with my 2012 f150. It has happened 3 times now. Have you had any problems since this?
Hi Michael, I have not had any issues since the TSB work was completed (knock on wood of course). If you are looking to have your dealer repair/replace under warranty, I would recommend printing and bring in the TSB with you, found here: http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb13-06-08.pdf

They tried to tell me that the Check Engine code was for a speed sensor. This TSB explains that it may throw a code for that even though the leadframe needs to be replaced.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out

Old 10-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Scotty Pflig
New User
Scotty Pflig is starting off with a positive reputation.
Was this covered under the power train warranty? My truck started doing this right before I left and now my wife is dealing with the dealership while I’m out of the country. I’m sending this info to her so that she can pass the info to the tech.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Robbgt
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Scotty Pflig View Post
Was this covered under the power train warranty? My truck started doing this right before I left and now my wife is dealing with the dealership while Im out of the country. Im sending this info to her so that she can pass the info to the tech.
I checked my records and this was done while the bumper-bumper warranty was still good. I can't see why this wouldn't be covered by powertrain as it is part of the transmission.

Let us know how it goes and if we can be of any additional help.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 PM
sportsuburbangt
New User
sportsuburbangt is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the same problem. I had to bring it back 4 times. I made a video and emailed it before my 4th visit. They replaced the part and its now fine.

Now if they can do something about the bubbling paint on my tailgate. That is driving me crazy. I was told at 4.5 years old that there is nothing Ford will do.

Glad ford is looking at this thread, i'm probably going to sell this before the extended warranty expires, and get a Yukon. it looks like this lead frame can go again, and teh paint will probably start flaking off by then.