Show Off your 09-14 F150s - Page 63 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show Off your 09-14 F150s

Reply

 
 
 
  #931  
Old 04-11-2018, 10:05 PM
paredneck33's Avatar
paredneck33
paredneck33 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: penn twp.
Posts: 3,261
paredneck33 is a splendid one to beholdparedneck33 is a splendid one to beholdparedneck33 is a splendid one to beholdparedneck33 is a splendid one to beholdparedneck33 is a splendid one to beholdparedneck33 is a splendid one to beholdparedneck33 is a splendid one to behold
X2 on the congratulations to you both on a happy 1 year of ownership of your trucks. Tiny that sure a good looking FX4 you have. Have you thought at all of doing the turn signal mirror mod at all? I did it on my truck Black Betty and I have to say it still is one of favorite mods and features of the truck now. Not to mention it's simple to do as long as you have the mirrors with the turn signals built in.
 
Reply With Quote
  #932  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 AM
tiny1's Avatar
tiny1
tiny1 is online now
NY CHAPTER LDR
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY Finger Lakes Region
Posts: 89,962
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by paredneck33 View Post
X2 on the congratulations to you both on a happy 1 year of ownership of your trucks. Tiny that sure a good looking FX4 you have. Have you thought at all of doing the turn signal mirror mod at all? I did it on my truck Black Betty and I have to say it still is one of favorite mods and features of the truck now. Not to mention it's simple to do as long as you have the mirrors with the turn signals built in.
Alex, it is already on my list for this year. I also plan on swapping the head lights out for projectors and going with the Harley/FX4 black tail lights. This is a base FX4 so it did not come with the black head and tail lights or the 20" wheels. This is what it looked like when I got it last year for comparison purposes.
 
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 04-12-2018, 02:23 PM
OTL_himself's Avatar
OTL_himself
OTL_himself is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Collinsville, VA
Posts: 781
OTL_himself is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel View Post
Congrats on the one-year anniversary guys. I'm coming up on 2 years next week with my Red Beast . I'll have to take a picture of him that day and post it, dirt and all!
James, that looked like fun taking the truck around Martinsville Speedway! How'd you get to do that? Many years ago I visited Rockingham and walked around the pits, but wasn't allowed on the track. If I remember correctly there was a Buck Baker Driving School using the track that day and also pit road. But I was allowed to drive my vehicle, my previous 1995 Ranger, through the tunnel under turn 4 to the inner track facilities. Somewhere I have a picture that someone graciously took of me standing in Victory Lane on my 26th birthday. That same gentleman, from Germany who had never before seen an American race course, probably still has a picture of himself standing in Victory Lane that I took when we swapped cameras. All in all it was a great birthday!
Thanks for the kind words, Rebel! Several Fridays during this year Martinsville Speedway holds a "Fast Friday." They open up the track to whoever wants to come drive on it, and you pay $20 for 12 laps. The office where I work is 5 minutes down the road from the speedway, so I used my lunch break this past Friday to do it. The pace car runs at 65 all the way around. For my part, I was able to top out about 75 on the straights and ran about 45-50 in the corners. It was a ton of fun, to be sure, though I'm sure it was hell on my tires and brakes. I wouldn't want to do it every week by any means, but for a one-time experience you can't beat it.

Very cool story about Rockingham! I'd love it if they could find a way to put The Rock and North Wilkesboro back on the schedule, even if it was just every other year, or something like that. Of course, North Wilkesboro has fallen into a lot of disrepair over the years, and before then it was in bad need of updating. Suffice to say it'd take a lot of $$$$.
 
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 04-12-2018, 09:32 PM
AlaskanEx's Avatar
AlaskanEx
AlaskanEx is offline
Bleed Ford Blue
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 13,253
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
That is way cool James.

Here are a couple of 1 year of ownership anniversary picture of mine from a few weeks ago.


The new wheels really make it pop, looks brand new!
 
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 04-13-2018, 08:45 AM
tiny1's Avatar
tiny1
tiny1 is online now
NY CHAPTER LDR
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY Finger Lakes Region
Posts: 89,962
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post




The new wheels really make it pop, looks brand new!
Thanks Russ. Those are 18" and came off a 2013 FX4 and I stripped them down and painted them graphite metallic.
 
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 04-16-2018, 11:21 AM
AlaskanEx's Avatar
AlaskanEx
AlaskanEx is offline
Bleed Ford Blue
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 13,253
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Tiny, they really updated the look of your truck. Great choice!


parked at work this morning, she just looked so beautiful.

 
Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 04-16-2018, 01:44 PM
tiny1's Avatar
tiny1
tiny1 is online now
NY CHAPTER LDR
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY Finger Lakes Region
Posts: 89,962
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
Tiny, they really updated the look of your truck. Great choice!


parked at work this morning, she just looked so beautiful.

Great picture Russ.
 
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:18 PM
Pgh Rebel's Avatar
Pgh Rebel
Pgh Rebel is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,405
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel View Post
Congrats on the one-year anniversary guys. I'm coming up on 2 years next week with my Red Beast . I'll have to take a picture of him that day and post it, dirt and all!
James, that looked like fun taking the truck around Martinsville Speedway! How'd you get to do that? Many years ago I visited Rockingham and walked around the pits, but wasn't allowed on the track. If I remember correctly there was a Buck Baker Driving School using the track that day and also pit road. But I was allowed to drive my vehicle, my previous 1995 Ranger, through the tunnel under turn 4 to the inner track facilities. Somewhere I have a picture that someone graciously took of me standing in Victory Lane on my 26th birthday. That same gentleman, from Germany who had never before seen an American race course, probably still has a picture of himself standing in Victory Lane that I took when we swapped cameras. All in all it was a great birthday!
(I've never quoted myself before lol)
But as I mentioned last week today was the 2-year anniversary for my Beast . One of my OCD habits that I started with my previous 06 truck is that every year on the anniversary of when I purchased the truck I record the mileage in a computer record so I can track my mileage year-over-year. This morning when I pulled into work my odometer read 47,626.6. I recognize that I have vehicular OCD really bad, and no I am not seeking treatment! As promised, here's a picture of him when I got home this afternoon:
Despite how it may look from here, the truck is actually quite dirty as PA has yet to see enough spring time weather to make it worth washing it. We're still getting snow here, and way too much rain to make it worth a truck bath
 
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 04-16-2018, 09:08 PM
tiny1's Avatar
tiny1
tiny1 is online now
NY CHAPTER LDR
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY Finger Lakes Region
Posts: 89,962
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel View Post
Despite how it may look from here, the truck is actually quite dirty as PA has yet to see enough spring time weather to make it worth washing it. We're still getting snow here, and way too much rain to make it worth a truck bath
It is the same situation here in NY and I cheated when I took my pictures. I just finished washing it at the car wash and drove about 100'....lol.
 
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 04-17-2018, 09:25 AM
OTL_himself's Avatar
OTL_himself
OTL_himself is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Collinsville, VA
Posts: 781
OTL_himself is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
Thanks Russ. Those are 18" and came off a 2013 FX4 and I stripped them down and painted them graphite metallic.
Totally agree on how great the FX4 wheels look, and am happy my STX came with the same wheels. You've got me interested in stealing your idea about painting them....has the graphite metallic helped hide brake dust any? I love my wheels, but it definitely doesn't take long for brake dust to start to show on the front.
 
Reply With Quote
  #941  
Old 04-17-2018, 12:15 PM
tiny1's Avatar
tiny1
tiny1 is online now
NY CHAPTER LDR
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY Finger Lakes Region
Posts: 89,962
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
I just put those wheels and tires on back in January and we have not had a decent long stretch of good weather to see how the dusting is. I would say from what I have seen so far, the brake dust would just dull the look of the wheels and is not really noticeable from 10 feet away. If you click on the link in my signature, I have some pictures along with what I have used. I do have to do some touch up work this spring due to paint chipping that happened when the tires were mounted. I feel that the paint will hold up long term and is easy to touch up if needed.
 
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 04-17-2018, 03:35 PM
AlaskanEx's Avatar
AlaskanEx
AlaskanEx is offline
Bleed Ford Blue
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 13,253
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I have white wheels, tell me about brake dust! Haha
 
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 04-18-2018, 08:06 AM
tiny1's Avatar
tiny1
tiny1 is online now
NY CHAPTER LDR
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY Finger Lakes Region
Posts: 89,962
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I have white wheels, tell me about brake dust! Haha
Now ain't that the truth.
 
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 04-18-2018, 08:23 AM
King-bRanch's Avatar
King-bRanch
King-bRanch is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denver, NC
Posts: 2,764
King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
Thanks Russ. Those are 18" and came off a 2013 FX4 and I stripped them down and painted them graphite metallic.
Neil, I agree with Russ & say those wheels along with the color choice, made a HUGE improvement
We powder-coated the wheels on my wife's 16' Fusion a few months ago, in some sort of dark gray metallic finish & wow, what a difference that made to those OE wheels
 
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 04-18-2018, 08:29 AM
King-bRanch's Avatar
King-bRanch
King-bRanch is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denver, NC
Posts: 2,764
King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Pgh Rebel View Post
(I've never quoted myself before lol)
But as I mentioned last week today was the 2-year anniversary for my Beast . One of my OCD habits that I started with my previous 06 truck is that every year on the anniversary of when I purchased the truck I record the mileage in a computer record so I can track my mileage year-over-year. This morning when I pulled into work my odometer read 47,626.6. I recognize that I have vehicular OCD really bad, and no I am not seeking treatment! As promised, here's a picture of him when I got home this afternoon:
Despite how it may look from here, the truck is actually quite dirty as PA has yet to see enough spring time weather to make it worth washing it. We're still getting snow here, and way too much rain to make it worth a truck bath
The only Pic I've even kept of an odometer was on my 06' king-Ranch, when she hit 123,456


Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I have white wheels, tell me about brake dust! Haha
I could only imagine Ceramic Brakes
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show Off your 09-14 F150s


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: