6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Recall 2011-2014 F250-F550 6.7L 14E03

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 06:31 AM
Thom12
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Wait, since Crystal is an "official Ford rep", she can find out and tell us exactly what this recall does. Why are we all speculating if it's lower regen temps to protect incorrectly designed sensors or if it allows limp mode instead of stranding us with stop safely. Never mind calling your Ford dealer service rep who will probably be far less informed than the average forum member. Lets get it from someone who is clearly connected to Ford. Crystal, this seems like an easy answer from a Ford rep. Do share.

She did share, she said "If you have any questions about the specifics of a recall, give your dealership's service department a call and they'll be happy to help. "

Old 01-24-2015, 06:36 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by Thom12
She did share, she said "If you have any questions about the specifics of a recall, give your dealership's service department a call and they'll be happy to help. "

Right, and I addressed that by saying "why?" She is a "Ford Rep" so instead of taking the time to type out for us to call a dealership she should have just said what the recall did. That wasn't sharing at all. She was telling us to do something that we already knew we could do. I would suggest not stating the obvious and just calling one of her contacts, finding out the details, and posting them. Now, wouldn't that be a bit more helpful than stating the obvious?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:20 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Right, and I addressed that by saying "why?" She is a "Ford Rep" so instead of taking the time to type out for us to call a dealership she should have just said what the recall did. That wasn't sharing at all. She was telling us to do something that we already knew we could do. I would suggest not stating the obvious and just calling one of her contacts, finding out the details, and posting them. Now, wouldn't that be a bit more helpful than stating the obvious?
Her job is to coordinate interaction between Ford Service and the customer, and to the best of her ability, insure that that interaction takes place.

Not provide technical info, or repair process info.

lets not add unreasonable expectations.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:31 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by sdetweil
Her job is to coordinate interaction between Ford Service and the customer, and ot the best of her ability, insure that that interaction takes place.

Not provide technical info, or repair process info.

lets not add unreasonable expectations.

I beg to differ Sam. First of all, she's here and her job is to do something that any thinking person could easily do on their own. This is because most people would rather go on a internet forum and yell that the sky is falling because they got bad service from a dealer rather than working it up the chain of command on their own. Ford has basically hired a group of reputation defenders because they know that their salary is cheaper than the potential sales they would loose from shoppers seeing bad threads on the net before buying.

Second, if she can call a regional manager and "get him in the loop" as she always says for a repair or warranty work, she can certainly call him and ask the details of a recall. It's not rocket science. It's a phone call and I think it's in no way unreasonable to think that she can make a call of that nature.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My truck evidently does not fall within the parameters of this recall to this point or I would just make the call and post the information here.
I suggest that One of you guys that are in the scope of that recall do just that..
Crystal does a lot for the forum here and I certainly don't want to make light of that. She does more than just notify people of issues when they crop up. She spends the time to hold them accountable to us, the consumer.
I highly doubt that you will entice anyone from Ford to come onto this thread and make any sort of statements that are not already in the approved press releases or what they have told NYSB and NHTSA...

Old 01-24-2015, 08:19 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
My truck evidently does not fall within the parameters of this recall to this point or I would just make the call and post the information here.
I suggest that One of you guys that are in the scope of that recall do just that..
Crystal does a lot for the forum here and I certainly don't want to make light of that. She does more than just notify people of issues when they crop up. She spends the time to hold them accountable to us, the consumer.
I highly doubt that you will entice anyone from Ford to come onto this thread and make any sort of statements that are not already in the approved press releases or what they have told NYSB and NHTSA...

I don't think she does much of anything you can't do yourself but sure, someone could call. If her presence makes you feel better Randy, Ford's money is well spent. I'm of the mind that if you have a problem, you make the phone calls yourself and not just wait for the forum nanny to come to the rescue. I've done it personally on a bad dealer scenario. Yes, I posted about it here but didn't want or wouldn't take help from a "Crystal." Bottom line is anyone she can call, you can call and get faster more direct info. So, my point was that since her presence here is redundant to what you can do on your own, IE: making phone calls, I was only suggesting she made a different type of phone call on the collective's behalf...

Personally, I'll just get the recall. I hold a spare sensor so whatever it does is fine with me.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever melts your butter, makes my day...
--- Jimmy Dean

Please post your findings on the recall information here Rodney.. I'm sure many of us would be interested to know what you find out..

Old 01-24-2015, 08:35 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Whatever melts your butter, makes my day...
--- Jimmy Dean

Please post your findings on the recall information here Rodney.. I'm sure many of us would be interested to know what you find out..

LOL, I didn't say I'm calling. I don't care what it does. I'll just tell em' to fire it in there...

Old 01-24-2015, 09:54 AM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I didn't realize Rodney had a copy of Crystal's job description. I don't think calling her out and saying her presence here is worthless serves any purpose. I've been buying Ford's for over 15 years and have on occasion run into service managers who refused to escalate issues or even provide a RM contact. Having Crystal here to expedite issues thru escalation is much appreciated.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Life is all about managing expectations. I think Crystal's presence here is very valuable, but always remember we are dealing with Ford..and that has its limitations

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using IB AutoGroup

Old 01-24-2015, 10:03 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by bridge
I didn't realize Rodney had a copy of Crystal's job description. I don't think calling her out and saying her presence here is worthless serves any purpose. I've been buying Ford's for over 15 years and have on occasion run into service managers who refused to escalate issues or even provide a RM contact. Having Crystal here to expedite issues thru escalation is much appreciated.
I don't have a copy of anything. Just common sense. Try it sometime. You may find it refreshing. I'm also not calling her out on anything. Just asking her to make a phone call which is what this forum makes her famous for. Personally, I can make my own... I also never said her presence was worthless to all here. Just to me. Some like their hand held.

PS: I know this is blasphemy here so I won't mention my opinion on the matter further...

Old 01-24-2015, 10:22 AM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
Life is all about managing expectations. I think Crystal's presence here is very valuable, but always remember we are dealing with Ford..and that has its limitations

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using IB AutoGroup
Ever wonder why we as Ford techs are becoming scarce here?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:27 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by vloney
Ever wonder why we as Ford techs are becoming scarce here?
Nope, never wondered about that at all. But since you brought it up, do enlighten us.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Lastwagen
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crystal certainly helped me with my 2012. More than I had expected.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:53 AM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I don't have a copy of anything. Just common sense. Try it sometime...

I won't mention my opinion on the matter further...
We'll have to disagree on your first point, which is just based in throwing more rude insults and doesn't add anything meaningful to the conversation. But we're all use to that from you.

Your second point is the only valuable information you've added to this conversation.

Quick Reply: Recall 2011-2014 F250-F550 6.7L 14E03