Super Duty manual lock hub dissasembly including the knob. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Super Duty manual lock hub dissasembly including the knob.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Senior User

fast_st is starting off with a positive reputation.
Super Duty manual lock hub dissasembly including the ****.

Manual front lock hub complete dissasembly including cap/selector removal
<hr style="color:#ffffff; background-color:#ffffff" size="1"> Heya Gang, from what I can see this isn't supposed to be a servicable part.

Remove the big snap ring, pull the hub off, obtain snap ring and o-ring kit, now pull off the two snap rings on the back of the lock hub, watch how far they fly for later retrieval.

dismantle and clean all the inside bits as well as the inside of the hub. Now comes the fun part, the magic locking area is between the L and O in LOCK. you can try latching the big inner spring to the white plastic pusher in the face of the hub and pulling gently on it or tap the hub down firmly on the inside race while jiggling the center dial around near the lock position. After a bit of fussing, tugging up on the ****, tapping down on the bench it'll rotate backwards beyond the lock arrow, put the dot between L and O and pull gently, the hub **** will come off. I had some dings and corrosion that was making it bind badly, removed all that and it seems just dandy now!

Stuffed it up on youtube, yeah I dismantled it a dozen times before doing some shooting but whereas nobody had it listed, figure its worth posting

Thanks everyone here for all the tips and tricks over the years, wanted to post this as I was not able to find the information.

Last edited by fast_st; 01-12-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: kn.ob is a bad word it seems.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Senior User

Also seems that there's about .010 play in the hub, a tug with pliers on the selector helps get it over that little feed ramp.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Elder User

MitchPeters is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Now to find that o-ring somewhere.
Reps!!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPeters View Post
Now to find that o-ring somewhere.
Reps!!
Thanks Mitch, yeah, not sure if mcmaster carr would have one, mine was swelled a bit so I boiled it in soapy water for half an hour and it shrunk back to size, its a square ring with a V cut, its possible mcmastercarr might have something like that available.

-J