1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 F250 with issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 09:26 AM
txazguy
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry 2015 F250 with issues

Hey all, new guy here...new to the F250 line, but not new to Ford trucks. I just upgraded from a 2013 F150 EcoBoost to the F250.

I've had a couple of problems with this truck so far, mostly electronic...

1. Received a TPMS Sensor Failure warning on my drive back to AZ from TX...it has since happened 2 more times. Both times, the error clears when the truck is turned off and back on again.

2. Factory radio (Sync basic) keeps losing audio settings (bass/treble), but keeps some of the other settings (clock, presets).

3. Sync basic refuses to keep the "phone" connection to my VZW Galaxy S5....Media connection works fine and never drops to either my phone or my iPod touch. I normally pair my phone first, and shut off the media audio leaving phone audio on, and then sync my ipod. Never had a problem with this in my F150 (though I occasionally had to pull the sync fuse), and no matter what I try, including factory/master resets, fuse pulling, re-pairing combinations, and the like, the "phone audio" will not stay linked up.

4. Rear view camera (in mirror) will stay on for a minute or so after the truck is shifted into drive.

Just thought I'd share this to see if anyone else has had a similar experience... I have an appointment with the dealership at 1500 today.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:54 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,410 Likes on 1,006 Posts
Sounds like they need to replace the radio myself. And its interface. There is a TSB for that. Don't have it right now.

They will have to order a new radio and the module.

TPMS sensor I don't know. Probably part of the same. A communication error.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Slowpoke Slim
Laughing Gas
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I had a TPMS sensor go bad in my '12 over the summer. Showed a fault, but all 4 tires were good pressure. Took it into the dealer and I had a bad sensor in 1 wheel that they replaced free under warranty. That has been the one and only problem with my truck so far.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:24 PM
jbullfrog
More than just a Handyman
The camera has a delay and is supposed to stay on briefly. You will understand why the first time you back up to a trailer and are lining up the hitch.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:59 AM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camera Delay - When shifting the tranny out of Reverse and into any other gear other than Park, the camera image remains in the dislpay until the vehicle speed reaches 5 MPH. This occurs when the rear camera delay feature is ON or until a radio button is selected. The default setting for the rear camera delay is ON.

Last edited by RightWingNutJob; 01-07-2015 at 07:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-07-2015, 12:52 PM
txazguy
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by senix
Sounds like they need to replace the radio myself. And its interface. There is a TSB for that. Don't have it right now.

They will have to order a new radio and the module.

TPMS sensor I don't know. Probably part of the same. A communication error.
When you say module do you mean APIM? It kept the settings last night, 1st night I've noticed it didn't lose the settings.

If you happen to find the TSB, let me know...I'd be interested in that.

Originally Posted by jbullfrog
The camera has a delay and is supposed to stay on briefly. You will understand why the first time you back up to a trailer and are lining up the hitch.
Makes sense, but never needed the camera after shifting from R to D on my F150, and I towed quite a bit in that.

Originally Posted by RightWingNutJob
Camera Delay - When shifting the tranny out of Reverse and into any other gear other than Park, the camera image remains in the dislpay until the vehicle speed reaches 5 MPH. This occurs when the rear camera delay feature is ON or until a radio button is selected. The default setting for the rear camera delay is ON.

Perfect! I'll take a look...never noticed it on the dash display before as an option.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry you are having some bugs on your new rig but honestly when I see a post like this I think it is something serious with the engine or trans. To me if your not having issues with the meat and potatoes of the truck you are in good shape.

Electrical gremlins can be a pain but can plague any newer vehicle........its under warranty my friend take it to the dealer and let them deal with it.

Also as stated the delay in the back up camera is normal.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:32 PM
senix
Super Moderator
TSB listed was 14-0183 Replaced ACM.

I believe it to be the same as the customer satifisfaction program 12M02 if you got the letter. That letters refers to the APIM, accessory Protocol Interface Module.

Mine screwed up so I just left it and drove by so they could see if.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:47 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by txazguy
Hey all, new guy here...new to the F250 line, but not new to Ford trucks. I just upgraded from a 2013 F150 EcoBoost to the F250.

I've had a couple of problems with this truck so far, mostly electronic...

1. Received a TPMS Sensor Failure warning on my drive back to AZ from TX...it has since happened 2 more times. Both times, the error clears when the truck is turned off and back on again.

2. Factory radio (Sync basic) keeps losing audio settings (bass/treble), but keeps some of the other settings (clock, presets).

3. Sync basic refuses to keep the "phone" connection to my VZW Galaxy S5....Media connection works fine and never drops to either my phone or my iPod touch. I normally pair my phone first, and shut off the media audio leaving phone audio on, and then sync my ipod. Never had a problem with this in my F150 (though I occasionally had to pull the sync fuse), and no matter what I try, including factory/master resets, fuse pulling, re-pairing combinations, and the like, the "phone audio" will not stay linked up.

4. Rear view camera (in mirror) will stay on for a minute or so after the truck is shifted into drive.

Just thought I'd share this to see if anyone else has had a similar experience... I have an appointment with the dealership at 1500 today.
How did the dealership visit go, txazguy. Let me know if you're still having any trouble with SYNC. I'll let you know what I recommend.

Kim

Old 01-11-2015, 01:06 AM
txazguy
Mountain Pass
Alright...sorry for the delay in responding, just wanted to make sure I addressed everything with the dealership.

Thanks everyone for the camera delay information, it wasn't available on my F150 IIRC, so I never even bothered to check on the F250. Interesting feature though....

I had the dealership try to resync my TPMS, and found the bad sensor...right rear wheel...so they're ordering one to replace it.

As for sync, I decided to delete all the profiles again, and do a factory restore & master reset. I noticed after removing all the profiles that even though the system said they were all gone, my phone was still there. I pulled the sync fuse, and decided to pull, the amplifier fuse as well (top and bottom most fuses in the 2nd row, both 20A) and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Once I put the fuses back and let the system boot, I again deleted all devices (this time my phone was in fact gone) and did another factory restore/master reset. Then re-paired my phone and my ipod...so far everything seems to be OK.

Now if I can get rid of this active re-gen that kills my fuel mileage, I'd be set!

Note: I'd rather have to manual regen once a month or so than this thing kicking into regen mode at the worst possible times...

Old 01-11-2015, 06:27 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
The tpms fault might be caused by a cell phone charger in your truck. If possible, change to a different charger and see if this cures the problem. There have been reported instances of this happening.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:28 AM
senix
Super Moderator
regen's vary by use, fuel quality and miles.

I rarely regen. 400-500 apart empty and never when towing.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:12 AM
jbullfrog
More than just a Handyman
Regen cycles are based on engine use.

If your truck is doing Regen cycles often enough to be annoying, Your not driving it hard enough. If you work the engine hard, it will run cleaner and not need to cycle. Your not going to like a new emissions diesel if you are working it like a half ton gasser. They are built to be worked daily, not idled.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:47 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts

Now if I can get rid of this active re-gen that kills my fuel mileage, I'd be set!

Note: I'd rather have to manual regen once a month or so than this thing kicking into regen mode at the worst possible times...
Might want to do some reading here about how to "delete" the truck. Plenty of threads on how to do this.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:26 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

As for sync, I decided to delete all the profiles again, and do a factory restore & master reset. I noticed after removing all the profiles that even though the system said they were all gone, my phone was still there. I pulled the sync fuse, and decided to pull, the amplifier fuse as well (top and bottom most fuses in the 2nd row, both 20A) and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Once I put the fuses back and let the system boot, I again deleted all devices (this time my phone was in fact gone) and did another factory restore/master reset. Then re-paired my phone and my ipod...so far everything seems to be OK. ...
Good catch, txazguy! The master reset should have deleted all devices from your system, which means the first one did not go through completely. I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of it.

Kim

Quick Reply: 2015 F250 with issues