Does anybody subscribe to Classic Tucks magazine? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Does anybody subscribe to Classic Tucks magazine?

Old 01-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
Question Does anybody subscribe to Classic Tucks magazine?

I just got fitted for some new reading glasses so now I will be able to easily read magazines again. I had been slowly moving them farther away until the print got a bit too small to be fun to read. Is Classic Truck magazine any good? Or can you recommend a better one?

Old 01-05-2015, 02:31 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
f100today has a good reputation on FTE.f100today has a good reputation on FTE.
I do. I like it. They do quite a bit of ford stuff.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:34 PM
wtx66f100
Junior User
wtx66f100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the recommendation, I hadn't ever heard of that mag. It does look a bit interesting but not as polished as the other. I'll consider it.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:26 PM
gangstakr
Postmaster
gangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud ofgangstakr has much to be proud of
My 64 f100 has been in "Classic Truck" Magazine 3 times. Never as a feature with a big write up, hopefully that will change soon.
So yeah I like and get "Classic Truck Magazine."

Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 PM
crazed87bronco
Postmaster
crazed87bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've never seen the true blue trucks magazine before looks like it's right up my alley. Classic truck is alright in my book but not one of my top picks.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 PM
ultraranger
Post Fiend
ultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud ofultraranger has much to be proud of
I gave up on magazine subscriptions a long time ago. It doesn't matter if it's a vintage Mustang magazine, truck magazine, hunting magazine, whatever, they all have drastically down-sized (less pages), and they have fewer (if any) worthwhile technical articles.

The 'tech articles' usually pertain to nothing more than one of the sponsoring advertisers having one of their products featured --which is generally nothing more than a glorified infomercial than a good tech article.

The major remaining bulk of the magazines are occupied by filler --advertisements --LOTS of advertisements. I got turned off to paying around $5.00 bucks a pop for something that's become light on page content, light on quality informational/technical content and overwhelmingly heavy on advertising.

Every once in a while, I'll pick up a magazine that might have one feature in it on a nice Bump, but, I don't pay to have the magazine come to my house every month for the above stated reasons. --They just aren't what they used to be and I don't like paying a good sum for essentially a 'book of advertisements.'

Old 01-05-2015, 09:41 PM
crazed87bronco
Postmaster
crazed87bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
^ I got tired of the piles of magazines that built up. Now I just get loads of summit,jegs Eastwood ect ones those things come as fast as I throw then out lol.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:53 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
If you like old stock or near stock trucks of all makes and sizes then you will like Vintage Truck magazine. They have a web site where if you go there will get a pretty good idea what the magazine is like. Google it.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:29 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
HIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud ofHIO Silver has much to be proud of
$5 an issue? Subscribe and it's only a couple of dollars, if that, for each issue over an entire year.

I subscribe to various mags to stay on informed of the latest products in the industry, product performance, what manufacturers are doing, reports from SEMA, and what stuff gearheads come up with.

And as far as "advertisements", the same could be said for most any media - TV commercials, banner ads on the web, etc.

Did you know "Ford Racing" is going away?

Old 01-05-2015, 10:51 PM
71Nky
Senior User
71Nky is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.71Nky is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've had a subscription to Classic Trucks for several years now, and before they merged, I also got Custom Classic Trucks. I like reading CT and look forward to it every month. I recommend.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:53 PM
trozei
Postmaster
trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.
I make a point of seeking out Classic Trucks Magazine whenever I'm near the magazine rack.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:19 AM
68murc
Elder User
68murc has a great reputation on FTE.68murc has a great reputation on FTE.68murc has a great reputation on FTE.68murc has a great reputation on FTE.68murc has a great reputation on FTE.
I had subscriptions to both CT and CCT for several years when they were doing the "Bumpside Build-off". After those few years, neither mag finished their truck. That kind of turned me off, of paying for a subscription. Now I just check the magazine racks, and if I see something I'm interested in, I'll pick it up.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
I also have a small fleet of motorcycles and had been getting Cycle World for years...then it had a make over and started sucking. Cycle World used to contain some interesting editorials, but Peter Egan retired and the new editor isn't very interesting.

Yes the build ups in most hot rod magazines are usually outside of my budget range because they just get an off the shelf parts kit and do the upgrade. Like buying a brand new tilt steering column, or an aftermarket complete front disc brake kit and bolt it on.

Classic Truck is only about $20/year and I spend a bit more than that on beer...since there are some yes votes I think I'll try it for a year and see what I think.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
Took a look at the Vintage Truck website but I don't think it's what I'm looking for.
Thanks anyway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anybody subscribe to Classic Tucks magazine?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.