"Belle" 1952 F-1 build thread. - Page 9 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

"Belle" 1952 F-1 build thread.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Looking great. I can't wait for the startup video.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:02 AM
rdemilt
Elder User
rdemilt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You sir..... are a master.

After seeing all you have done, I'm sure the startup will go smoothly.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Rimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Looking great. I can't wait for the startup video.
Originally Posted by rdemilt View Post
You sir..... are a master.

After seeing all you have done, I'm sure the startup will go smoothly.
Not a master, I just keep re-doing things till I get them the way I want them. I also have good friends to lean on when needed.

I am editing the video now and will have it up this week. You can't show the faces of Firemen and EMTs, who knew

Old 03-23-2015, 03:28 PM
DW SD
Senior User
DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mike,
Looks amazing! What do you use to put the sharp bends on the Aluminum box for the air filter housing? Do you have a sheet metal brake?
I need to build similar.
thank you!

Doug

Old 03-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Rimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud ofRimrock F1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Mike,
Looks amazing! What do you use to put the sharp bends on the Aluminum box for the air filter housing? Do you have a sheet metal brake?
I need to build similar.
thank you!

Doug
I bought the smallest Woodward Fab 3in1 machine. It does a good job but the 12'' width is very limiting, just couldn't justify the cost of the larger ones.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Well I finally got the video done. Belle's first start went really well. Did have one problem with the March accessory drive system. This is the forth March system I have installed and the third one there has been a problem with. I did get it sorted out though and everything is working great. I had to take some of the front back off so everything could be painted and the small details done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6hn...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-26-2015, 09:17 PM
49fordv8f4
Posting Guru
49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold
Very Cool!!! Sounds Great

Old 03-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Man that sounds awesome! I started grinning from ear to ear on the second startup and didn't stop. Great job!

Old 03-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
That is one sweet sound! Great job.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:01 AM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
EXCELLENT!

Old 03-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Aloha-boy
Senior User
Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.
Music to my ears!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 02:45 PM
DW SD
Senior User
DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.DW SD has a very good reputation on FTE.
I watched the video - Awesome!
MORE COW BELL for Belle came to mind.
Really great when you turn the key, push the button and it comes to life on the first try.
congrats,

Doug

Old 03-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Did some work on the truck today and decided to install the new wheels! So old ones are available if someone can use them. I will put them on the for sale board.

Old tires and wheels. 215/75/15 5X5.5 rims

Old 03-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Just another Joe
Jolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant futureJolly Roger Joe has a brilliant future
That looks really nice!

Old 03-29-2015, 09:48 PM
rdemilt
Elder User
rdemilt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
[QUOTE=Rimrock F1;15221872]Did some work on the truck today and decided to install the new wheels! So old ones are available if someone can use them. I will put them on the for sale board.

Lets see the new wheels and tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Belle" 1952 F-1 build thread.

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.